PC How does Faulty Lamps work?

The Maveboy

Spazmatism
I've seen alot of the wiring stuff use it,i dont know how but they can,what does the faulty lamp can do that the normal one cant?

To quote the wiki:
Placing a faulty logic gate lamp above a logic gate turns it blue, overriding its normal functionality and changing its behavior entirely. The logic gates function as a randomizer instead, and can no longer turn on or off. The gate no longer emits signals when normal logic lamps above it change state. Instead, when the faulty lamp is triggered by a signal, it randomly selects one of the logic lamps below it. If that lamp is on, the logic gate emits a signal. So, if there are three lamps below the faulty lamp, two ON and one OFF, the gate has a 2/3 chance to emit a signal when the faulty lamp is triggered.
Don't read the wiki though, their stuff on wiring is pretty bad...

Not to self advertise, but I've made a guide that I believe showcases some of the practical applications of logic gates pretty nicely: Guide - A reference guide for simple logic devices

Note that DRKV only quoted the first paragraph of three about how the faulty logic gate lamps work; there's a few suggestions on how to use it on the page, but guides (like DRKV's) are likely to be a far more exhaustive option for uses.

Note that DRKV only quoted the first paragraph of three about how the faulty logic gate lamps work; there's a few suggestions on how to use it on the page, but guides (like DRKV's) are likely to be a far more exhaustive option for uses.
Yeah, the other two paragraphs there are alright, I just didn't think they were really relevant.
It's mostly the "Useful circuits" part that I have issues with. The "Restricted storage circuit" and "Safety switch" are just terrible examples, they are way over-complicated. But the wiki is probably not the right place to put these sort of things anyway.

Back
Top Bottom