PC Losing My Absolute Mind fighting Plantera in Master Mode FTW as a mage, I need help.

I play in a crimson world.
You can still get Wrath Potions without worldhopping. Talk to the Dryad in a graveyard biome to buy corruption seeds and then plant them somewhere isolated to make a corrupted fishing spot. You need 300 corrupt blocks for it to count, but you don’t need to buy that many seeds since it will spread.

I personally set it up in a sky lake, small drop pool and the corruption isn’t going to spread put of hand if isolated to a 300 block chunk next to a sky lake.

Using both techniques are good: Circling in the big arena avoids the petals, then when she enters the second stage, go into the long tunnel and she'll be very slow. If you look up no-hit Plantera youtube videos, they always combine a big arena for first stage and a long tunnel for second stage.

The Venom Staff might be a better weapon here.

I built a donut shaped arena when I fought her in master mode. I built very few platforms.

Looks like you might be "overlapping" buffs & losing out on your edge, some you could do without.
  • If that's a Night Owl Potion, put it in storage for the time being. It's not needed in this fight, just lay Jungle/ Regular Torches.
  • Get rid of the Shine Potions & Sonar Potions, place them in storage for now, you wanna be able to "Auto Buff".
  • I don't see Iron Skin Potions in your kit, you should get some, even if you already have Endurance Potions.
  • If you have access to Bast Statues, grab several & use them like you would Campfires/ Heart Lanterns.
  • Lastly, I'd say choose a "Main Weapon" for this fight, as I see you have Archery Potions, beside a Mage's kit, remove whichever you aren't using. This applies to the Ichor Flasks too, if you don't plan on doing any Melee, it doesn't need to be taking up your precious buff slots; try to focus around the Weapon(s) you plan on using here.

Looks like you might be "overlapping" buffs & losing out on your edge, some you could do without.
  • If that's a Night Owl Potion, put it in storage for the time being. It's not needed in this fight, just lay Jungle/ Regular Torches.
  • Get rid of the Shine Potions & Sonar Potions, place them in storage for now, you wanna be able to "Auto Buff".
  • I don't see Iron Skin Potions in your kit, you should get some, even if you already have Endurance Potions.
  • If you have access to Bast Statues, grab several & use them like you would Campfires/ Heart Lanterns.
  • Lastly, I'd say choose a "Main Weapon" for this fight, as I see you have Archery Potions, beside a Mage's kit, remove whichever you aren't using. This applies to the Ichor Flasks too, if you don't plan on doing any Melee, it doesn't need to be taking up your precious buff slots; try to focus around the Weapon(s) you plan on using here.
Night owl can actually help with visibility because plantera’s projectiles don’t glow, and defense isn’t actually that helpful this deep into the game, especially on this high of a difficulty. The other stuff is all good.

Also use speed pots.

Night owl can actually help with visibility because plantera’s projectiles don’t glow, and defense isn’t actually that helpful this deep into the game, especially on this high of a difficulty. The other stuff is all good.
Defense is still useful for the off-chance he's attacked by Normal Mobs, which can happen in the Arena I saw above. It might not make much a difference against the Boss, but glancing blows do exist in 1.4+; better to survive a survivable attack than die for no reason. Also, if seeing attacks is the goal, I'd say replace Night Owl with Danger Sense & Hunter Potions instead, but Night Owl is the least favorable choice in the matter. 🤷‍♂️🥤

I FINALLY BEAT IT! thanks everyone for the suggestions, the hallowed armor was huge.
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom