tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Finaly unlocked Blues outfit,but she forgot how to wear it properly.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 93
Well'p, there's no point holding this update for longer, beside of the number of fixes and tweaks I've done.
Made Alex's shading lighter.
Wooden Greathammer, Flamberge and Two Handed Sword are now faster.
Added support to W1k Weapon Scaling.
Changed how the greatsword weapons behaves, when companions are using them.
-> They will now look better.
Brutus no longer crashes the game upon accepting to do the steel test.
Brutus also gained a sprite change.
Alexander's sleuthing is now faster, when he's analyzing someone who's sleeping.
Stronger Gem monsters will now be easier to appear, depending on group's summed health increasing items under effect.
-> That's also valid if you set the option to share max health items with your companions.
Companions can now look at the background when idling.
-> They will look at the background when there's either no wall, or there's transparent walls on their head position.
Companions gained an animation frame for when they're reviving someone who's drawn behind them.
Malisha's mount unlock level is now 7.
Revamped how the bounty exp reward is given, for NExperience Mod players:
-> It no longer increases the reward level for every 250 points of value on your loot. (That's like the same as 2 silver and 50 copper coins)
-> Now gives reward based on 10000 points of value of your loot. (Like 1 gold coin)
-> Pre-Hardmode exp reward level was increased from 5 to 10, and Hardmode exp reward was increased from 15 to 25.
-> -> That reward must be treated like as if the exp given is a percentage, but depending on your game mode, It will receive a reduction on exp reward level.
Companion Actions are now split from their action and base info scripts.
-> Now each action, either global for all companions, or specific for the companion, has their own class and script file.
-> That allows creating variables specific for the action, and also removes lists each action contained, for possible variable values one could need for the action to happen.
Changed how the gem monsters spawning works.
-> That may make gem monster spawning more interesting.
Fixed Blue's outfit behaving like some kind of.... Shield.
Reduced the follow distancing of the companions, from 48 pixels to 20.
You can turn off the animations of the companion facing the oposite direction of the camera on the mod client options.
Due to the additions on the sprites of the companions, that means some sprite issues were also fixed along the way.
As you saw on the patch note, if you don't like, or for some reason have something against the backward companion sprites, you can turn them off on the mod client options.
Brutus Royal Guard set still lacks the frame for the back revive animation. It will be coming in a future update, beside I still have to begin spriting It :/.

Also, companion actions being independent will make It easier to not only create, but also manage It. No more crappy lists to manage with their ids, their own script files, and more elaborated codes useable. Beside I think there are ways of improving the system more, at least this is a huge leap foward.

And have fun with the gem monsters spawning revamp. I'm sure you'll really love It, even more since the companions now follows each other closer, instead of a queue of 5 companions literally covering half of the screen in distance.

Enjoooooooooooooooooy your gameplay! :D

(Ps:. My companions aren't fursuits :mad:.)

Edit:. In case you missed, I showcased Mabel during a gameplay on a video.
I'll try making the showcase of the other companions too. The next one will probably be Domino, even more since of his list order.

I just want to remember that you're free to make any build to my companions, so my choices of equipment and items on the companions I showcase doesn't means It's their "winning" or "correct" build.

Last edited:
I'm a little busy and don't have the time to read up on anything, though I'd love to. I'm with the guardian, Michelle, and I gave her an Umbrella as an inventory item. It seems that she does float down with it just like a player would, but still gets hurt anyway on landing.

I'm a little busy and don't have the time to read up on anything, though I'd love to. I'm with the guardian, Michelle, and I gave her an Umbrella as an inventory item. It seems that she does float down with it just like a player would, but still gets hurt anyway on landing.
That means I partially did that right.
I'll fix that.

There might be a problem with asking your guardians to sell items.

I just asked blue to sell stuff and she did but she has never returned.

There might be a problem with asking your guardians to sell items.

I just asked blue to sell stuff and she did but she has never returned.
Depending on the distance you are from the spawn, the time increases. Increases even more if you are vertically far away.
Ps:. Ninja'd!

Or maybe the latest update broke the action of sending the companion to sell items.
I'll add a note here for bug fixing, and I'll check that issue when I get time.

Ps:. Chatting with her while she's selling isn't supposed to happen, either.
Ps2:. That's piggy is way too tanky.

Brace yourselves, because a hotfix is landing.
Brutus revive back animation got a review on the sprite.
-> His outfit also received the missing sprite for that frame, too.
Fixed leopold's right arm being very visible when standing backward.
Companions using a Umbrella will no longer take fall damage when slowly falling from higher places.
Fixed Wrath's spritesheet issues.
-> That will also affect the battle you have with him, so he's no longer invisible when moving.
Your character and companions will no longer receive knockback when attacked while knocked out.
Companions will no longer go missing when you tell them to sell items.
You can no longer start dialogue with companions invisible or inactive by actions.
Fixed a issue with the mouse on some interfaces, where zoom would mess up with the mouse position compared to buttons/characters position.
Well... I hope none of you guys encountered Wrath during the last update, or else would be one veeeeeeeeery frustrating boss fight.
Yes, the issue has been fixed, sadly I didn't paid attention that the exported spritesheet wasn't on the correct sprite rows that were setup on the companion base.

I have also fixed the issue where companions would not correctly return when you tell them to sell items. That is one of the defects I feared that could happen while making companion actions be independent. I only don't feel much bad about that issue happening, because I had one worser issue happening during the moment I was splitting and debugging the companion actions. I were having literal crash to desktop when some action was happening, I forgot which action was, but I already fixed It.

And I managed to solve some issues related to mouse and zoom, both on interface and game. Now the mouse should be recognized as being above an interface element, or some character, and also be drawn the correct way too. I also changed the Revive text to be shown bellow the character you're passing the mouse over, instead of following your cursor.

Have fun. :3

Why did it stop working for me?I keep getting errors for the mod that keeps disabling it
Could you show me the error? There's a logger at "My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/client.log" if a crash is causing It to not load.
At the final lines of the client.log, It must be showing things like this:
[20:54:35] [45/ERROR] [CheatSheet]: Call Error: Unknown Message: loadcompanions
Try copying that line, and the ones under It and pasting here. Or simply send to me the client.log file.

Could you show me the error? There's a logger at "My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/client.log" if a crash is causing It to not load.
At the final lines of the client.log, It must be showing things like this:

Try copying that line, and the ones under It and pasting here. Or simply send to me the client.log file.
[08:06:28] [12/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading giantsummon
The mod(s) have been automatically disabled.
Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'NExperience_0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.CecilAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()
at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.GetConstantType(TypeReference constant_type, Object constant)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddConstant(IConstantProvider owner, TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddParameter(UInt16 sequence, ParameterDefinition parameter, ParamTable table)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddParameters(MethodDefinition method)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddMethod(MethodDefinition method)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddMethods(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddType(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddTypes()
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.BuildTypes()
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.BuildModule()
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.BuildMetadata()
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.<>c.<BuildMetadata>b__2_0(MetadataBuilder builder, MetadataReader _)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.Write(ModuleDefinition module, Disposable`1 stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModule(ModuleDefinition module, Disposable`1 stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code, ImageDebugHeader debugHeader)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad, CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.LoadMods(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
[08:06:28] [12/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: giantsummon
here

No.i don't.do i need it?
No, you don't.

I found out that when building the mod source, I was careless and let part of codes of NExperience mod be let loose on crucial files of the mod.
I already fixed that, and launched a hotfix fixing that issue. It should be up by now.

Fixed issue where the mod wasn't loading correctly due to the absence of NExperience mod installed.

Enjoy your gameplay :D

No, you don't.

I found out that when building the mod source, I was careless and let part of codes of NExperience mod be let loose on crucial files of the mod.
I already fixed that, and launched a hotfix fixing that issue. It should be up by now.

Fixed issue where the mod wasn't loading correctly due to the absence of NExperience mod installed.

Enjoy your gameplay :D
it works thanks

I knew I saw that nickname before.
Anyways, the mod is now way more stable than before, so memory usage wont really be a issue, unless you have many companions living in your world (or see their avatars).
The only problem is that the idle AI is a bit... Weird.

Anyways, quite a number of things changed, includding new companions.

Can anyone help me I'm new and i have no idea where to post this but anyways I play on switch and just recently defeated golem and was prepping for Duke fishron I built a house and set my spawn point but I must have set my house right on the spot where the game crashes about mid way through ocean biome it happened to me twice before and I hadn't been back since but nothing I do works it just auto crashes right when it gets done loading my world. This cannot be the end or is it?

Oh my issues aren't related to this, I'm sure. Mods like Spirit and others have grown. I was able to handle it all in the past, but it's too much to handle now.

I'll be sure to check TerraGuardians stuff out shortly after I get finished with re-picking these other mods.
Looks like those mods got new stuff while you were away, heh.
Can anyone help me I'm new and i have no idea where to post this but anyways I play on switch and just recently defeated golem and was prepping for Duke fishron I built a house and set my spawn point but I must have set my house right on the spot where the game crashes about mid way through ocean biome it happened to me twice before and I hadn't been back since but nothing I do works it just auto crashes right when it gets done loading my world. This cannot be the end or is it?
Hello, you have actually posted on the wrong place, since this is my mod topic.

Anyways, that issue seems really worrying, though. You need to post about that on this place: Console Bug Reports
That forum you'll get the support you need for your issue, just calm down, and create a topic telling what happened to your game.
While your issue isn't fixed, I recommend you to make an alternative world, and play on It, while a fix isn't on the horizon.

I hope your issue get fixed :3

Back
Top Bottom