Console What can we also do??

salableyew2

Terrarian
If we can use mouse and keyboard in 1
.4, shouldn't we be able to use a controller for the pc version like on mods??

On PC I use a bit of software called joy2key that maps controller input to keyboard, so I can use a controller on any game.

PC users have more options available to them, so controller support isn't as necessary, whereas a console game requires keyboard/mouse support written into it for them to function. Hence keyboard/mouse support being included in console Terraria, but unnecessary on the PC version.

Also, the game is designed to be played using a keyboard and mouse, and plays much better using them.

hey 1.3.1 added controller support to terraria, what's with this using mods and external software to play the desktop version of terraria with?

On PC I use a bit of software called joy2key that maps controller input to keyboard, so I can use a controller on any game.

PC users have more options available to them, so controller support isn't as necessary, whereas a console game requires keyboard/mouse support written into it for them to function. Hence keyboard/mouse support being included in console Terraria, but unnecessary on the PC version.

Also, the game is designed to be played using a keyboard and mouse, and plays much better using them.

please don't state your opinions as fact.

it's entirely subjective and differs on personal preference.

i've personally never enjoyed PC controls, and i can't play anything with a keyboard and mouse.

i play terraria perfectly on console with controllers, however, and never have any issues.

No part of that was opinion - the game was designed to be played with k/m. Fact.

You asked a question, I provided an answer. Rudeness is unnecessary.

I've rarely seen a port to consoles that had a objectively and universally better control scheme. Also I have had a significantly better time playing Terraria with KB+M than with a controller on the UI which is why I am a massive supporter of the UI overhaul DR is doing for consoles.

Any 3rd grader will tell you that’s an opinion.
And they'd be wrong. To be fair, not unexpected from a third grader.

I don't understand this "everything is just an opinion" culture. You can prefer to use a controller, that is absolutely fine. That however doesn't change the objective nature of the control schemes. Terraria is indeed much better played with a mouse (and keyboard); been playing it on my GPD Win for a while and controller is a slog. It is plain and simple physically impossible to be quick and efficient like with a mouse in most aspects of the game, and that's despite me at least having access to a row of hotkeys and a touchscreen unlike most controller users.

You can prefer to ride a bike during a Formula 1 race (assuming it were legal). That is the opinion. The FACT is that the race cars are objectively superior, better suited for the thing you're doing.

Terraria was released as a PC game, meant to be used with a keyboard and and a mouse. Thus, making the "k/m is superior", undoubtedly a fact.

I'm not good at keyboard and mouse but who can give me at least a little help I never play pc terraria because mine is a potato

No part of that was opinion - the game was designed to be played with k/m. Fact.

You asked a question, I provided an answer. Rudeness is unnecessary.

i just saw this since you didn't actually respond to me, so i wasn't alerted.

first of all, i'm not the creator of this topic, maybe look at the names of people you're responding to?

second of all, yes, it IS opinion.

if what you said was FACT, then EVERYONE would experience the game better with mouse and keyboard, but that is simply not true.

the game plays perfectly fine with controllers, with no issues.

i have never enjoyed a single PC game because i can't stand mouse and keyboard controls.

the PC community doesn't exactly help with their elitism, which seems to be on full display in this topic.

since terraria has been ported to pretty much all platforms, it was designed to be played with EVERYTHING.

that's the great thing about terraria, it's not restricted to one type of control, or a single audience.

also, disagreeing with your opinion doesn't make someone rude.

You can prefer to ride a bike during a Formula 1 race (assuming it were legal). That is the opinion. The FACT is that the race cars are objectively superior, better suited for the thing you're doing.

that is an absolutely ridiculous comparison that makes no sense... it's also hyperbole.

riding a bike in a car race would end EXTREMELY badly for you, and it's not even remotely accurate to the situation we're discussing.

using a controller, people can play JUST as well, if not better than they would with K&M controls.

riding a bike in a car race will ALWAYS end in disaster, NO ONE could pull it off.

even if you somehow manage to not get sent flying by the cars speeding by at 200mph, you would NEVER win the race.

in order for that comparison to work at all, playing with anything other than K&M would have to make terraria IMPOSSIBLE to enjoy or succeed at.

seeing as that is not at all the case... it's a seriously misleading comparison.

Terraria was released as a PC game, meant to be used with a keyboard and and a mouse. Thus, making the "k/m is superior", undoubtedly a fact.

this is pure PC elitism on display... it's not fact.

if it was "undoubtedly a fact", there wouldn't be countless people personally experiencing the complete opposite.

can we stop this elitism? it really needs to end, and does no good for anyone.

i along with many others don't even want to go anywhere near PC gaming due to this very behavior that is so rampant in the community.

Last edited:
I do not like the controls on Console, but I am perfectly fine with Mobile and PC controls. It really depends which one you're more used to. Although Terraria was made PC, it was ported to each device so that gamers from each platform can enjoy it. AND if they don't like certain controls, they can just switch platform for the sake of gaming they way that they're used to. It's that simple!

Back
Top Bottom