Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
stateofthegame-june2021.png

Greetings Terrarians!

Things are certainly heating up everywhere we are located - and the same can be said for all of the goings-on in the Terraria world. From development news to the results of the huge Tenth Anniversary Contest, this month's State of the Game is jam-packed with fun tidbits for everyone. The second half of 2021 is setting up to be even bigger than the first half... and its been a pretty darn first six months already! Hang on tight, Terrarians - 2021 is nearly half over, but the fun is just beginning!

index.php

STATE OF THE GAME - TABLE OF CONTENTS

PC NEWS

TMODLOADER NEWS

CONSOLE/SWITCH NEWS

MOBILE NEWS

COMMUNITY NEWS

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC

TERRARIA IS 50% OFF DURING THE STEAM SUMMER SALE!

That's right, Terrarians! Terraria once again is half off for the duration of the Steam Summer Sale - you can pick up a copy for yourself or a friend for the amazingly low price of $4.99!
Don't forget that the Four Pack and both the Terraria Official Soundtrack and the Terraria: Otherworld Soundtrack are on sale for half price as well!

steamsummersale2021.png

Click the banner above to head on over to our Steam Store to nab a copy today!

index.php

STEAM WORKSHOP NEWS

The level of quality and quantity on the Terraria Steam Workshop just continues to climb - over 15,000 packs and worlds so far, with 20,000 not too far off! If you have not checked out the Workshop yet, what are you waiting for?

Click the banner above to check out the Terraria Workshop!

index.php

TERRARIA WORKSHOP DEVELOPER'S CHOICE SELECTIONS

The team is happy to reveal our next handful of Developer's Choice selections - packs and worlds that we enjoy and think that you will too!

Of course, these are above and beyond the Pack/World winners from the 10th Anniversary Contest - the results of which you can see in the Community Section of the State of the Game

1624467764481.png

Axolotl Baby Shark Pet Replacement

Come on now, this is just as cute as it gets, right?

-----

1624467923262.png

Rings of Fire

It burns, burns, burns...

-----

1624468052315.png

Circa Terra
Just a really cool concept done very well - enough said!

index.php

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON?

We know that everyone is starving for more information on what the Re-Logic team has been working on together. We cannot really get into too many details, other than to say that the artists and programmers have been hard at work on internal game jams, where we can rapidly iterate and evolve on game concepts as we continue to craft the vision for whatever our future projects might be.

Maybe at some point we will be able to share some of that work with you... as well as more details on what is to come... but that all will depend on when the time is right and the work is ready.

index.php

As always, keep your bug reports coming via the handy bug report button below!

index.php

Thanks again, Terrarians - we are as always blown away by your support!

Back to Table of Contents
index.php

TMODLOADER NEWS - TML TEAM

Hello everyone!

Another month, another month of progress on the road to TML 1.4! The team feels like things are getting closer and closer to what they would consider an Alpha build, which is an exciting milestone!

You can see all of the current progress and such at tModLoader/tModLoader (But note that the completion percentage doesn't mean anything, because issues and PRs don't have weights.)

An official pre-launch playable alpha/beta version remains very likely - more on that as we have more to share. After we're done with that testing and any related fixes, release will be very close! At this time, however, we still can't give anyone an ETA for the full release.

Developers who are willing to contribute may do so by doing PRs to the tModLoader/tModLoader branch. (See tModLoader/tModLoader)

index.php

TMODLOADER ISSUES/BUGS

The Re-Logic team does not directly develop TML, so bugs with TML are best reported via the links below.

tModLoader - Play Terraria with Mods!

https://tmodloader.net/discord

index.php

PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE, Nintendo Switch - DR STUDIOS

XBOX & PLAYSTATION

Greetings, Terrarians from the sunny and quite warm UK! Never fear, however, as we have not let the heat impede our progress one bit! The team is continuing to bang away at the remaining checklist, and we can once again report that we are completely in-line with our previously-revealed launch window. Want more details? Of course you do!

Well, we are happy to reveal that as of this writing, the Xbox and PlayStation versions of Terraria: Journey's End are officially in Beta! That's right, we have checked off all of our "A" list items - so all that remains is testing, fixing, optimization, and adding in smaller bits like some localization stuff and a handful of tweaks to already-in systems. The 505/DR-Re-Logic QA teams are currently giving everything a once (and twice!) over via full playthroughs to see how everything feels and to be sure that we find, log, and fix as many bugs as we can before launch! In the meantime, we are focusing hardcore on Splitscreen and Multiplayer to get those just right as well.

Want more? Have some more!

192.168.1.95_Image_38.png

192.168.1.95_Image_40.png

The customization continues with the choice of two player splitscreen (Horizontal or Vertical) being up to you! Of course when you have three or four, it will be a bit different, but we hope that this will be a nice look at some Console Splitscreen Journey's End!

STORIES FROM TESTVILLE

Not suspicious at all.png

This isn't suspicious at all... and of course, this had to be opened in the name of science!

192.168.1.59_Image_17.png

Wait a second, this isn't the Mushroom Biome! I must have taken a wrong turn at that last boulder trap....

Oh, and Loki wants everyone to know that the Torch God is very real on Consoles... and that he has earned his Favor.

index.php

NINTENDO SWITCH

Repeating what we shared above, we expect to have Journey's End for Switch out later this year, just a bit behind Xbox and PlayStation.

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Hello everyone!

Hang in there, our Mobile friends - your time in the spotlight will come again soon enough. As you will see above, we are getting ever-closer to that console release, after which we will be entering the era of "Parity" where we are going to be pushing for a world where all Terrarians are on the same version. Those will be exciting times, and we are thrilled to have you along for the ride with us! :)

Thanks as always for the honor and trust you give us each month to work on Terraria - it is not a responsibility that we take lightly, and we look forward to bringing more amazing things to you all as we move forward.

Greetings Terrarians!

Here's the latest and greatest happenings on the Community side of things. Thanks as always for being the most engaged and awesome gaming Community ever!

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE UPDATES

We still have a handful of partnerships that remain under wraps, but that we will be revealing just as soon as the time is right. That said, what better time than the State of the Game to check in on news from our existing partners as well as to shine a light on some other things that are in the works?

ANIMEGAMI FOREST BIOME UPDATE

Here is the latest and greatest from our friends at Animegami - painting has begun! We cannot wait!
----------

BLIND BOX MINI-FIGURES COMING LATER THIS YEAR TO TERRARIA.SHOP

Chibichan Promo 2.jpg

Yeah, we want these already. Full stop. :eek:

You will want to sign up for the newsletter on Terraria.Shop so that you don't miss this... or some other surprises in store that might come out this year.

index.php

TENTH ANNIVERSARY CONTEST WINNERS!

1624282824016.png

Terrarians everywhere have had the chance to enter our main 10th Anniversary Contest over the last month - and you did not disappoint with the amazing entries that you submitted! If anyone wants to check out all of the submissions, click the thread below!

TERRARIA: A JOURNEY OF 10 YEARS CONTEST ENTRY THREAD

That said, we know that everyone wants to know the big news - who won?!?! As a reminder, here is what is on the table for the winners:​
Winners (2 for each category) will be revealed in the June State of the Game announcement and will receive:

• For the winners inside the USA, a choice between either a $50 Steam Wallet Code/$50 Playstation Network gift code/$50 Xbox gift code/$50 Nintendo-E Shop Code! (Winners will receive PMs from the Staff asking for their choice)
    • Members outside of the USA will receive a $50 Steam Wallet Code. This is because of the policies of Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo that do not allow us to distribute the gifts to members outside of the USA.
  • A special TCF trophy and title
  • The option to request a creative/user content thread of theirs to be pinned at the top of its section for one month (a texture pack thread, an art thread, etc)
  • A shoutout on Terraria's official Twitter
  • Winners in the two Steam Workshop categories will have their World or Texture Pack tagged as "Developer's Choice" on Steam

Each Category Winner will receive a set of TEN pins from the Terraria pin collection from Sanshee > (Terraria Collection at Sanshee), including the amazing Empress of Light pin!

ONE Grand Prize Winner will receive one of the amazing Terraria Biome Series displays currently under development by our great partners at Animegami Studios. Not familiar with what this is? Well... feast your eyes on the latest progress reveal!

Some truly epic prizes there indeed! If you are a winner, we will be reaching out to you via PM here on TCF, so keep an eye out!
So, without further ado... the envelopes please!
(Click the image for each entry to view the entry itself)

steamworkshopworlds.png

1624397548029.png
The Tree of Life by @Lego_

1624397665982.png
TerraQuest: Hunt of the Seven by @Shrek On My Deck

index.php

steamworkshoptexturepacks.png

1624397729110.png
Blue's Textures by @Blue_M4ge

1624397825891.png
Slim Terrarians & Monster Girls by @Zilem

index.php

artwork.png

Jungle Biome Sculpture by @RukiRuki

Terraria Painting by @Pyretica

index.php

screenshot.png

Polis of Atlantis by @StyreRai

Cathedral of Rifts by @NotSoCursed

index.php

other.png

Plantera Jewelry Box by @ZargnFan1

Japanese Strategy Guide by @Rikuoh

index.php

grandprizewinner.png

Jungle Biome Sculpture by @RukiRuki!!!

index.php

SUMMER OF TERRARIA

The Terraria community will be hosting fun community events everyday this Summer! Join the Terraria Discord server and visit the Activities Section for a list of upcoming events and prize descriptions.

1624541435839.png

-----

Terraria Discord Alliance Summer Art Contest

1624541493874.png

There is still plenty of time to join our exciting Summer themed Alliance art event!

RULES
• Submit Summer themed art in the #alliance-event channel at Join the Terraria Discord Server!
• You must submit an image or GIF.
• It must be your own original work.
• No NSFW submissions.
• You only need to submit your entry in our server.
• Only one entry per person.

DATES
Submission period:
Now - July 3 (12PM PST) - During this time frame anyone can submit an image/GIF Summer Art contest entry in the #alliance-event channel.

Voting Period: July 3 (2PM PST) - July 10 - (12PM PST) - We will provide a Google Form link with all the valid contest entries from all participating Alliance servers. You can vote for as many contest entries as you like.

Winner Announcement: July 11 - (12PM PST) - All servers announce the 10 winners of the Alliance Summer Art Contest.

The top 10 voted winners will each win prizes that they will get to pick from a prize pool. These prizes will range from a free year of Discord Nitro to free copies of games. Our goal is to have some fun and start working together with other big communities on fun collaboration events. In addition to the prizes that the top 10 global winners will receive, we are also going to give prizes to the top 5 entries that come specifically from the Terraria community/server.

Here is a list of the current Alliance servers participating in this Summer theme contest:

Our goal is to have some fun and start working together with other big communities on fun collaboration events. We are always open to suggestions for future Alliance events. If you need more details on our Alliance then check out our Alliance presentation: United Servers of Discord Alliance

index.php

Until next time, Terrarians - we hope you have an amazing month, and we look forward to bringing you the latest and greatest next time!

Last edited:
Again, I didn't win. and there's nothing worse to me than wasting time for NOTHING at all. I'm really angry now and I'm not going to participate on any contest in the future because of that.
I saw my hard work and time I spent being thrown in the trash. I really, but really wanted to win, and I was thinking I had a chance, but I was wrong. It is easier to win in the lottery than here. I'm angry and frustrated, and nothing more in my life will make me happy again, thank you. :mad:🤬😤

Again, I didn't win. and there's nothing worse to me than wasting time for NOTHING at all. I'm really angry now and I'm not going to participate on any contest in the future because of that.
I saw my hard work and time I spent being thrown in the trash. I really, but really wanted to win, and I was thinking I had a chance, but I was wrong. It is easier to win in the lottery than here. I'm angry and frustrated, and nothing more in my life will make me happy again, thank you. :mad:🤬😤
At least you got to participate in the contest! And you had fun doing it, right?

It doesn't matter that you didn't win, because you cared enough to go for it, and thats really special.

Though, if you really do want people seeing your creations, you could post them on your profile, or somewhere else here on the forums!

Greetings Terrarians!

Things are certainly heating up everywhere we are located - and the same can be said for all of the goings-on in the Terraria world. From development news to the results of the huge Tenth Anniversary Contest, this month's State of the Game is jam-packed with fun tidbits for everyone. The second half of 2021 is setting up to be even bigger than the first half... and its been a pretty darn first six months already! Hang on tight, Terrarians - 2021 is nearly half over, but the fun is just beginning!

index.php

STATE OF THE GAME - TABLE OF CONTENTS

PC NEWS

TMODLOADER NEWS

CONSOLE/SWITCH NEWS

MOBILE NEWS

COMMUNITY NEWS

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC

TERRARIA IS 50% OFF DURING THE STEAM SUMMER SALE!

That's right, Terrarians! Terraria once again is half off for the duration of the Steam Summer Sale - you can pick up a copy for yourself or a friend for the amazingly low price of $4.99!
Don't forget that the Four Pack and both the Terraria Official Soundtrack and the Terraria: Otherworld Soundtrack are on sale for half price as well!

View attachment 328398

Click the banner above to head on over to our Steam Store to nab a copy today!

index.php

STEAM WORKSHOP NEWS

The level of quality and quantity on the Terraria Steam Workshop just continues to climb - over 15,000 packs and worlds so far, with 20,000 not too far off! If you have not checked out the Workshop yet, what are you waiting for?

Click the banner above to check out the Terraria Workshop!

index.php

TERRARIA WORKSHOP DEVELOPER'S CHOICE SELECTIONS

The team is happy to reveal our next handful of Developer's Choice selections - packs and worlds that we enjoy and think that you will too!

Of course, these are above and beyond the Pack/World winners from the 10th Anniversary Contest - the results of which you can see in the Community Section of the State of the Game

View attachment 328399

Axolotl Baby Shark Pet Replacement

Come on now, this is just as cute as it gets, right?

-----

View attachment 328400

Rings of Fire

It burns, burns, burns...

-----

View attachment 328401

Circa Terra
Just a really cool concept done very well - enough said!

index.php

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON?

We know that everyone is starving for more information on what the Re-Logic team has been working on together. We cannot really get into too many details, other than to say that the artists and programmers have been hard at work on internal game jams, where we can rapidly iterate and evolve on game concepts as we continue to craft the vision for whatever our future projects might be.

Maybe at some point we will be able to share some of that work with you... as well as more details on what is to come... but that all will depend on when the time is right and the work is ready.

index.php

As always, keep your bug reports coming via the handy bug report button below!

index.php

Thanks again, Terrarians - we are as always blown away by your support!

index.php

TMODLOADER NEWS - TML TEAM

Hello everyone!

Another month, another month of progress on the road to TML 1.4! The team feels like things are getting closer and closer to what they would consider an Alpha build, which is an exciting milestone!

You can see all of the current progress and such at tModLoader/tModLoader (But note that the completion percentage doesn't mean anything, because issues and PRs don't have weights.)

An official pre-launch playable alpha/beta version remains very likely - more on that as we have more to share. After we're done with that testing and any related fixes, release will be very close! At this time, however, we still can't give anyone an ETA for the full release.

Developers who are willing to contribute may do so by doing PRs to the tModLoader/tModLoader branch. (See tModLoader/tModLoader)

index.php

TMODLOADER ISSUES/BUGS

The Re-Logic team does not directly develop TML, so bugs with TML are best reported via the links below.

tModLoader - Play Terraria with Mods!

https://tmodloader.net/discord

index.php

PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE, Nintendo Switch - DR STUDIOS

XBOX & PLAYSTATION

Greetings, Terrarians from the sunny and quite warm UK! Never fear, however, as we have not let the heat impede our progress one bit! The team is continuing to bang away at the remaining checklist, and we can once again report that we are completely in-line with our previously-revealed launch window. Want more details? Of course you do!

Well, we are happy to reveal that as of this writing, the Xbox and PlayStation versions of Terraria: Journey's End are officially in Beta! That's right, we have checked off all of our "A" list items - so all that remains is testing, fixing, optimization, and adding in smaller bits like some localization stuff and a handful of tweaks to already-in systems. The 505/DR-Re-Logic QA teams are currently giving everything a once (and twice!) over via full playthroughs to see how everything feels and to be sure that we find, log, and fix as many bugs as we can before launch! In the meantime, we are focusing hardcore on Splitscreen and Multiplayer to get those just right as well.

Want more? Have some more!

View attachment 328414

View attachment 328415

The customization continues with the choice of two player splitscreen (Horizontal or Vertical) being up to you! Of course when you have three or four, it will be a bit different, but we hope that this will be a nice look at some Console Splitscreen Journey's End!

STORIES FROM TESTVILLE

View attachment 328125
This isn't suspicious at all... and of course, this had to be opened in the name of science!

View attachment 328685
Wait a second, this isn't the Mushroom Biome! I must have taken a wrong turn at that last boulder trap....

Oh, and Loki wants everyone to know that the Torch God is very real on Consoles... and that he has earned his Favor.

index.php

NINTENDO SWITCH

Repeating what we shared above, we expect to have Journey's End for Switch out later this year, just a bit behind Xbox and PlayStation.

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Hello everyone!

Hang in there, our Mobile friends - your time in the spotlight will come again soon enough. As you will see above, we are getting ever-closer to that console release, after which we will be entering the era of "Parity" where we are going to be pushing for a world where all Terrarians are on the same version. Those will be exciting times, and we are thrilled to have you along for the ride with us! :)

Thanks as always for the honor and trust you give us each month to work on Terraria - it is not a responsibility that we take lightly, and we look forward to bringing more amazing things to you all as we move forward.

Greetings Terrarians!

Here's the latest and greatest happenings on the Community side of things. Thanks as always for being the most engaged and awesome gaming Community ever!

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE UPDATES

We still have a handful of partnerships that remain under wraps, but that we will be revealing just as soon as the time is right. That said, what better time than the State of the Game to check in on news from our existing partners as well as to shine a light on some other things that are in the works?

ANIMEGAMI FOREST BIOME UPDATE

Here is the latest and greatest from our friends at Animegami - painting has begun! We cannot wait!
----------

BLIND BOX MINI-FIGURES COMING LATER THIS YEAR TO TERRARIA.SHOP

View attachment 328445

Yeah, we want these already. Full stop. :eek:

You will want to sign up for the newsletter on Terraria.Shop so that you don't miss this... or some other surprises in store that might come out this year.

index.php

TENTH ANNIVERSARY CONTEST WINNERS!

View attachment 328127

Terrarians everywhere have had the chance to enter our main 10th Anniversary Contest over the last month - and you did not disappoint with the amazing entries that you submitted! If anyone wants to check out all of the submissions, click the thread below!

TERRARIA: A JOURNEY OF 10 YEARS CONTEST ENTRY THREAD

That said, we know that everyone wants to know the big news - who won?!?! As a reminder, here is what is on the table for the winners:

Some truly epic prizes there indeed! If you are a winner, we will be reaching out to you via PM here on TCF, so keep an eye out!
So, without further ado... the envelopes please!
(Click the image for each entry to view the entry itself)

View attachment 328299
View attachment 328306
The Tree of Life by @Lego_

View attachment 328310
TerraQuest: Hunt of the Seven by @Shrek On My Deck

index.php

View attachment 328300
View attachment 328311
Blue's Textures by @Blue_M4ge

View attachment 328313
Slim Terrarians & Monster Girls by @Zilem

index.php

View attachment 328301

Jungle Biome Sculpture by @RukiRuki

Terraria Painting by @Pyretica

index.php

View attachment 328302

Polis of Atlantis by @StyreRai

Cathedral of Rifts by @NotSoCursed

index.php

View attachment 328303

Plantera Jewelry Box by @ZargnFan1

Japanese Strategy Guide by @Rikuoh

index.php

View attachment 328315

Jungle Biome Sculpture by @RukiRuki!!!

index.php

SUMMER OF TERRARIA

The Terraria community will be hosting fun community events everyday this Summer! Join the Terraria Discord server and visit the Activities Section for a list of upcoming events and prize descriptions.

View attachment 328666

-----

Terraria Discord Alliance Summer Art Contest

View attachment 328667
There is still plenty of time to join our exciting Summer themed Alliance art event!

RULES
• Submit Summer themed art in the #alliance-event channel at Join the Terraria Discord Server!
• You must submit an image or GIF.
• It must be your own original work.
• No NSFW submissions.
• You only need to submit your entry in our server.
• Only one entry per person.

DATES
Submission period:
Now - July 3 (12PM PST) - During this time frame anyone can submit an image/GIF Summer Art contest entry in the #alliance-event channel.

Voting Period: July 3 (2PM PST) - July 10 - (12PM PST) - We will provide a Google Form link with all the valid contest entries from all participating Alliance servers. You can vote for as many contest entries as you like.

Winner Announcement: July 11 - (12PM PST) - All servers announce the 10 winners of the Alliance Summer Art Contest.

The top 10 voted winners will each win prizes that they will get to pick from a prize pool. These prizes will range from a free year of Discord Nitro to free copies of games. Our goal is to have some fun and start working together with other big communities on fun collaboration events. In addition to the prizes that the top 10 global winners will receive, we are also going to give prizes to the top 5 entries that come specifically from the Terraria community/server.

Here is a list of the current Alliance servers participating in this Summer theme contest:

Our goal is to have some fun and start working together with other big communities on fun collaboration events. We are always open to suggestions for future Alliance events. If you need more details on our Alliance then check out our Alliance presentation: United Servers of Discord Alliance

index.php

Until next time, Terrarians - we hope you have an amazing month, and we look forward to bringing you the latest and greatest next time!

Lol definitely gonna make an attempt to collect the Minifigures, and the figurine being painting is also awesome. Console in beta is so great and congrats to the contest winners as well!

At least you got to participate in the contest!
But that's not enough for me.
And you had fun doing it, right?
No. Really, I didn't have fun. It wasn't fun at all and I was just wanting to gain some prestige, and obviously, the prizes.
It doesn't matter that you didn't win,
Yes, it matters. And matters a lot for me. That's why I cared to complain here. At least I want the Devs to see how angry and sad I'm now.
because you cared enough to go for it, and thats really special.
Oh yes, special. Hunph. 😤
Though, if you really do want people seeing your creations, you could post them on your profile, or somewhere else here on the forums!
Not people in general, I want the Devs to say that Terrarian's build was the BEST OF ALL.
Please don't care about me, nothing can comfort me now. Stop wasting your time and go play Terraria.

things are still on track for console... i imagine that's about the extent of what we'll see for the next couple months or so.

i just hope that all the post-1.4 updates will be able to be done in a single update, without so much of a wait.

Last edited:
But that's not enough for me.

No. Really, I didn't have fun. It wasn't fun at all and I was just wanting to gain some prestige, and obviously, the prizes.

Yes, it matters. And matters a lot for me. That's why I cared to complain here. At least I want the Devs to see how angry and sad I'm now.

Oh yes, special. Hunph. 😤

Not people in general, I want the Devs to say that Terrarian's build was the BEST OF ALL.
Please don't care about me, nothing can comfort me now. Stop wasting your time and go play Terraria.

some advice, if you go into everything expecting to be the best of the best, you'll always disappoint yourself.

you also can't expect to be the best at something if losing makes you give up.

not to mention, if you don't genuinely enjoy doing something... it hardly makes it worth doing.

going out in such an inelegant way is not going to change anyone's mind, infact some people may take your work less seriously since you claim to not care about it.

best case scenario, someone takes pity on you... but is that what you want? to be handed a prize out of pity?

you might wanna rethink what you actually want out of life.

cause demanding to be treated like the best when you don't care about your work is not the most mature, or healthy, way to go about things.

I've got some personal things working in the background and I will personally vouch for the effectiveness of the game jam (which btw they mean "jamboree"). Anyone looking to just reach out and possibly expand their creative horizons, through development or otherwise, I encourage you all to experiment, even if things don't work at least you've given it a shot. This is the reason behind my Alchemystics Design mantra: "Creativity is chemistry". Where you learn in one spot, might help you with another. Be not afraid. :dryadsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom