tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Снимок23234.JPG

What have you done Nakano? Now i love your mod even more,also got that meme song stuck in my head.

Sorry that I keep updating, I’ll keep this short and simple.

The pc has landed.

hopefully I set it up tomorrow, I may not get to it, since it’s my birthday, and think I have family coming over. If not, then the day after.

After maybe a day of getting used to it, I plan to download all my soundboards, plug-ins, and DAW’s. Then it’s simply getting started.

Sorry that I keep updating, I’ll keep this short and simple.

The pc has landed.

hopefully I set it up tomorrow, I may not get to it, since it’s my birthday, and think I have family coming over. If not, then the day after.

After maybe a day of getting used to it, I plan to download all my soundboards, plug-ins, and DAW’s. Then it’s simply getting started.
No hurry, and you don't need to do frequent feedbacks.
Enjoy your party, and your life too. When you feel like being able to do what you plan for the mod, do it.
No need to hurry or anything.

Thanks! :)

edit: Mind if I work on a small project first? Just something to get me used to my DaW? It involves smashing two thorium mod songs together, and doing a bit of work on them so it sounds good. I think of it as a remix, because I’m editing both of the songs, and the fact they’re open for remixing.

Last edited:
Thanks! :)

edit: Mind if I work on a small project first? Just something to get me used to my DaW? It involves smashing two thorium mod songs together, and doing a bit of work on them so it sounds good. I think of it as a remix, because I’m editing both of the songs, and the fact they’re open for remixing.
I didn't even saw that edit. Feel free to, anyways.
1. How do I get more than one companion at once?
2. How can you dismiss your current companion?
- (there is no dismiss button)
3. Is it possible to fix the following UI Conflict:
- (two icons overlap)
4. Could you include answers to 1 & 2 somewhere in the mod description?
  1. If you called that companion using the Portrait of a Friend, you can't.
  2. If you called that companion using the Portrait of a Friend, you can't.
  3. Sadly, that's one of the problems tmodloader brings when using multiple mods. I don't even have idea of what mod does that, either.
  4. If your problem is related to activating Buddies Mode, I wont.

I didn't even saw that edit. Feel free to, anyways.

1. If you called that companion using the Portrait of a Friend, you can't.
  2. If you called that companion using the Portrait of a Friend, you can't.
  3. Sadly, that's one of the problems tmodloader brings when using multiple mods. I don't even have idea of what mod does that, either.
  4. If your problem is related to activating Buddies Mode, I wont.
I'm not sure what Portrait of a Friend is. When starting out I was able to get the other starting companion (Blue) but somehow switched it to the Raccoon. I'm not sure how I did it.
(Edit update) Made a new character to test this. Turns out I did use that item. I'll just play with a new character in this case.

Will I be able to have multiple at once if I do not use that item?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what Portrait of a Friend is. When starting out I was able to get the other starting companion (Blue) but somehow switched it to the Raccoon. I'm not sure how I did it.
(Edit update) Made a new character to test this. Turns out I did use that item. I'll just play with a new character in this case.

Will I be able to have multiple at once if I do not use that item?
Yes.
Beside Buddies mode is getting a number of changes next update, to make It less restrictive.
The problem is when the update will come.

I thought Terraria would bring something like that on It's hud scripts, but It seems like I'm wrong related to that...

Long time no see, eh? Right now i'm bringing a new update.
Fixed Sardine backward revive animation not showing correctly.
Fluffles no longer receives fall damage.
Fixed a number of issues related to dialogues. Gladly, there was no way of people triggering them.
Bree's new outfit is now acquireable.
Rescue cooldown will now be forced when your character is knocked out cold inside lava or from drowning.
Fixed a problem where I forgot the death rotation animation on companions.
Added a radial arrow pointing to nearby companions.
Removed old guardian town npcs scripts.
Fixed Domino's store.
Companions data will no longer load with their recruit npcs data.
-> That not only fixes the bug mentioned above, but also eases the memory usage of the mod.
Companion recruit npcs will no longer spawn underwater.
Changed how the Mass of the companion works:
-> Instead of changing how much the gravity affects the companion, It now affects their max fall speed.
-> Higher mass = higher possible fall speed.
Companions that want to go sleep and have no bed in their houses, will no longer be restless during the night.
Fixed Slime summon not working as intended for companions.
Fixed an issue where Blue Hairclip wasn't giving status to companions using It.
Updated mod to work with latest NExperience Mod update.
-> Knockback and Dodge rate will now be affected by NExperience game mode status changes.
Fixed the Guardian Selection Interface scroll bar.
Changed how the following companions idle behavior will work:
-> It is no longer attached to the afk checker.
-> Using items will not reset the counter.
-> Companions will no longer leave idle state if has passed 10 seconds since timer begun, and your character didn't moved 5 tiles horizontally.
-> If Easier Idle at town option is on, companions will go idle behavior after 30 seconds, instead of 15.
Sardine will be counted as met once you rescue him from King Slime.
-> That will make so even if you don't speak to him, and he leaves the world, he will be able to visit your world again.
-> He will also say something after being saved.
Changed one of Sardine's greet message, so It no longer gives the idea that you just rescued him from King Slime.
-> Imagine this: You go to a world where Sardine is living with a character who didn't met him. If you spoke with him, there would be 50% of chance of him mentioning the King Slime.
Companions now react to when you're haunted.
Fixed issue where Leopold's backward revive sprite was actually showing frontal body revive sprite.
Bouncy Glowsticks will now produce light, when equipped by the companions.
Fixed some dialogue issues with Brutus reactions to your character health.
Fixed a bug where the Star Cannon shots were spawning way too far from the weapon.
Fixed an issue where the Optic Staff were only generating only one eye.
Companions will now check the correct variable when checking if they can invoke more summons.
Companions will no longer be petrified anytime the Medusa uses her petrification stare.
What happens when Fluffles goes knocked out state has changed:
-> Now her health goes to 0.
-> Can't be killed.
-> If she's your companion, she turns into a ghostly fire, that flies towards your character, and then stays closer to your character until she recovers.
-> If she's a town companion, she will respawn at a her spawn point.
Companions will now avoid trying to jump off cliffs and at lava.
Zacks age is now 16, instead of 15.
Increased a bit the distance companions will be from the player.
All companions will now try getting to the ones they are trying to revive faster, and also gain an extra brake when trying to stop at the one they want to rescue.
Moved the code that clears the guardian projectile logging from the player entering world script, to when the game is about to clear world to enter/create It.
-> That may fix the issue where the game hangs for some people, when using summons.
Homeless companions will no longer have the risk of suffering fall damage, when teleporting to town npcs.
Changed the following companions count to a companion slot weight system.
-> Each companion has their own weight value, which is displayed on the Guardian Selected Interface.
-> The Max Weight values stacks like the old Max Extra Companion counter used to work.
Companions will no longer move around like goofs when trying to use a furniture that is behind another companion town npc.
Sardine's Bounty Quests got changes:
-> New places and occasions It can spawn:
-> -> Ocean, Underground, Sky, Old One's Army event, Goblin Army, Night, Snow, Desert, Pirate Army, Martian Madness, Snow Legion and Lihzahrd Temple.
-> -> There will only have the chance of the bounty to appear in a event or a new place depending on your progress, current world state, or event on-going (Christmas, Halloween).
-> Added some more weapons that can be rewarded for completting a bounty.
-> Made the bounty target more resistant to knockbacks.
-> Red Fire effects will come from the bounty npc.
-> Hardmode bounty quests will require you to kill 20 more npcs, before spawn stress ends.
Changed how Knocked Out state works:
-> Getting hit by an attack causes the character in Knocked Out state to get the Bleeding debuff.
-> The Bleeding debuff will damage 1.5% of health every half second while It's active.
-> The effect above wont happen when being revived by others.
Added Alexander's description.
Fixed Nemesis saying dialogues reserved to when having Rococo or Sardine in the team, when you don't have them.
Companions will no longer try holding something when facing the background.
Fixed an issue where companions who don't take aggro were taking aggro.
New Guardian Selection Interface implemented.
-> Fully sprited by jellybeanmonster.
The game will no longer show a long line of text over the companion head, when they say something with maaaaaaaaany words.
Companions will now comment on their equipped skins and outfits.
Minerva shall no longer appear on the wilderness when you have her as a team member.
Zacks Meat Bag outfit implemented.
-> Blue may help you with this.
Companions got changes on their Near Death checking.
-> They will get a Verge of Death flag when their health drops bellow 25%, and they're not being mounted by your character.
-> During the Verge of Death state, they will still try avoiding getting too close to their target.
-> They leave that state once their health is above 70%.
Minerva will no longer give food to those who have more than 10 food items in the inventory.
-> No more money making scheme.
Companions will now comment on buffs and debuffs they just caught.
Wrath no longer drinks beverage.
Fixed the Two Handed Sword not being affected by W1k Weapon Scaling mod.
Fixed an issue where you couldn't disable the TerraGuardians backward animations.
Fixed a bug with bounty quests, where It could spawn an empty item.
Rescue messages will no longer show in the chat the name of who rescued you.
Companions will no longer drink regardless of wether they drink alcoholic stuff or not.
-> They also will need to be 18 years old or higher to drink.
Cinnamon, Glenn and Captain Stench Arrives.
-> Cinnamon is a starter companion.
Your companions will no longer disappear when you're invisible.
Fixed a bug where when the mod just does the recruitment of the companion, It checks if anyone has It on move in level before adding It to the can live in the world list.
-> The problem is when that's done before the companion is added to your list.
Vladimir no longer inflicts "Obstruction" debuff on the character when sharing mount or minecart with the player.
-> Instead, It will inflict "Hug" buff on the player. Vladimir will get the "Protecting" buff.
Melee companions will no longer "hop" after flying foes when they're trying to reach them.
-> They will now only jump when close horizontally to the target.
Companions will no longer show fade effects on the Guardian Selection Interface window.
Fixed a bug where Wrath's arms didn't changed animation with the body, when facing the background.
Fixed a bug with Bounty Quest weapon and accessory rewards being only name.
-> That bug only persists until you re-enter the world.
Companions AI will no longer try using heavy items, when they can't.
When companions get hurt, they will have a more cautious AI for 3 seconds.
Companions now knows that showing their behinds doesn't help revive others.
Vladimir can now carry allies.
Companions following you and in idle AI will no longer try going home at night.

Arrivals

There's lots I need to talk about related to this update, but since this mod is about meeting and recruiting new people, let's begin with them.
Differently from other updates, this one brings actually 3 new characters! And one of them can actually end up being a starter companion. Who? Discover by yourself.

Cait Sith Son.png
Glenn: "Have you seen my parents? They look like a white and a black cat, just like me."

Squirrel Guardian.png
Cinnamon: "*Are you interessed in tasty food? Me too! Let's lunch together.*"

sallystench.png
Captain Sally Stench: "As long as you share loot with me we'll be the best of friends."

As you can see, only 2 of the companions are actually made by me, Sally has been made by the contributor Smokey. She behaves differently from all other companions, so I hope you enjoy what we did on her.

Glenn.. Well... His speech actually gives the tip. You probably met them, right? Right?

As for Cinnamon, she's a food enthusiast, who's travelling through worlds to find the best spices for foods. You can already wonder what she'll be best of friends of Minerva, right? Or will she...?

Outfit

Zacks also gained a new outfit. This outfit should actually have been made looooooooooooooooong ago, but I never actually managed to get to start spriting It. So glad that Blue took the initiative to help Zacks take care of the blood and gore on his body, beside he's not really happy with the shirt choice.
This actually involves a little mini quest. Just follow it and you get the outfit. If you liked how the quest system works, please give me feedback about it, since It may be used for future stuff in the mod.

Zacks Patched.png
Zacks: "*I hope you didn't had anything to do with the choice of this shirt.*"

Other Changes

The update also brings quite a number of changes:
A number of companions gained scale change, to try fitting their intended size. That size change will also affect their house requirement, beside will not make them move out of their current houses. If you dislike the change, you can disable It on the mod configurations.

The companions Mass system also changed. Before, It changed how gravity affects the companion. Now, will affect their maximum fall speed. The difference between both, is that jumps will no longer be hindered by It.

The new guardian selection interface is in. Smokey also sprited It, beside we had some troubles with the makings of It, we managed to finish It. You can compare the huds here:

Old:
oldinterface.png

New:
NewHudShowcase.jpg

Sadly, depending on how big your screen is, the hud may look small, so I recommend you to increase the hud size of your game, while I don't figure out a fix for that issue.

The old companion count increase were changed to a companion weight system. Each companion has their weight value, so having higher weight value companions will reduce the number of companions you can have following you. The leader companion will not count towards weight value, so don't worry about that.

Beside a good number of tweaks and changes, and Vladimir picking up people to hug, that's about It.
What are you waiting for? Go on download the update and try It now!

Have fun and enjoy your gameplay :D

By the way, better I get into planning the revival of an old comunity event of this mod...

Last edited:
Long time no see, eh? Right now i'm bringing a new update.
Fixed Sardine backward revive animation not showing correctly.
Fluffles no longer receives fall damage.
Fixed a number of issues related to dialogues. Gladly, there was no way of people triggering them.
Bree's new outfit is now acquireable.
Rescue cooldown will now be forced when your character is knocked out cold inside lava or from drowning.
Fixed a problem where I forgot the death rotation animation on companions.
Added a radial arrow pointing to nearby companions.
Removed old guardian town npcs scripts.
Fixed Domino's store.
Companions data will no longer load with their recruit npcs data.
-> That not only fixes the bug mentioned above, but also eases the memory usage of the mod.
Companion recruit npcs will no longer spawn underwater.
Changed how the Mass of the companion works:
-> Instead of changing how much the gravity affects the companion, It now affects their max fall speed.
-> Higher mass = higher possible fall speed.
Companions that want to go sleep and have no bed in their houses, will no longer be restless during the night.
Fixed Slime summon not working as intended for companions.
Fixed an issue where Blue Hairclip wasn't giving status to companions using It.
Updated mod to work with latest NExperience Mod update.
-> Knockback and Dodge rate will now be affected by NExperience game mode status changes.
Fixed the Guardian Selection Interface scroll bar.
Changed how the following companions idle behavior will work:
-> It is no longer attached to the afk checker.
-> Using items will not reset the counter.
-> Companions will no longer leave idle state if has passed 10 seconds since timer begun, and your character didn't moved 5 tiles horizontally.
-> If Easier Idle at town option is on, companions will go idle behavior after 30 seconds, instead of 15.
Sardine will be counted as met once you rescue him from King Slime.
-> That will make so even if you don't speak to him, and he leaves the world, he will be able to visit your world again.
-> He will also say something after being saved.
Changed one of Sardine's greet message, so It no longer gives the idea that you just rescued him from King Slime.
-> Imagine this: You go to a world where Sardine is living with a character who didn't met him. If you spoke with him, there would be 50% of chance of him mentioning the King Slime.
Companions now react to when you're haunted.
Fixed issue where Leopold's backward revive sprite was actually showing frontal body revive sprite.
Bouncy Glowsticks will now produce light, when equipped by the companions.
Fixed some dialogue issues with Brutus reactions to your character health.
Fixed a bug where the Star Cannon shots were spawning way too far from the weapon.
Fixed an issue where the Optic Staff were only generating only one eye.
Companions will now check the correct variable when checking if they can invoke more summons.
Companions will no longer be petrified anytime the Medusa uses her petrification stare.
What happens when Fluffles goes knocked out state has changed:
-> Now her health goes to 0.
-> Can't be killed.
-> If she's your companion, she turns into a ghostly fire, that flies towards your character, and then stays closer to your character until she recovers.
-> If she's a town companion, she will respawn at a her spawn point.
Companions will now avoid trying to jump off cliffs and at lava.
Zacks age is now 16, instead of 15.
Increased a bit the distance companions will be from the player.
All companions will now try getting to the ones they are trying to revive faster, and also gain an extra brake when trying to stop at the one they want to rescue.
Moved the code that clears the guardian projectile logging from the player entering world script, to when the game is about to clear world to enter/create It.
-> That may fix the issue where the game hangs for some people, when using summons.
Homeless companions will no longer have the risk of suffering fall damage, when teleporting to town npcs.
Changed the following companions count to a companion slot weight system.
-> Each companion has their own weight value, which is displayed on the Guardian Selected Interface.
-> The Max Weight values stacks like the old Max Extra Companion counter used to work.
Companions will no longer move around like goofs when trying to use a furniture that is behind another companion town npc.
Sardine's Bounty Quests got changes:
-> New places and occasions It can spawn:
-> -> Ocean, Underground, Sky, Old One's Army event, Goblin Army, Night, Snow, Desert, Pirate Army, Martian Madness, Snow Legion and Lihzahrd Temple.
-> -> There will only have the chance of the bounty to appear in a event or a new place depending on your progress, current world state, or event on-going (Christmas, Halloween).
-> Added some more weapons that can be rewarded for completting a bounty.
-> Made the bounty target more resistant to knockbacks.
-> Red Fire effects will come from the bounty npc.
-> Hardmode bounty quests will require you to kill 20 more npcs, before spawn stress ends.
Changed how Knocked Out state works:
-> Getting hit by an attack causes the character in Knocked Out state to get the Bleeding debuff.
-> The Bleeding debuff will damage 1.5% of health every half second while It's active.
-> The effect above wont happen when being revived by others.
Added Alexander's description.
Fixed Nemesis saying dialogues reserved to when having Rococo or Sardine in the team, when you don't have them.
Companions will no longer try holding something when facing the background.
Fixed an issue where companions who don't take aggro were taking aggro.
New Guardian Selection Interface implemented.
-> Fully sprited by jellybeanmonster.
The game will no longer show a long line of text over the companion head, when they say something with maaaaaaaaany words.
Companions will now comment on their equipped skins and outfits.
Minerva shall no longer appear on the wilderness when you have her as a team member.
Zacks Meat Bag outfit implemented.
-> Blue may help you with this.
Companions got changes on their Near Death checking.
-> They will get a Verge of Death flag when their health drops bellow 25%, and they're not being mounted by your character.
-> During the Verge of Death state, they will still try avoiding getting too close to their target.
-> They leave that state once their health is above 70%.
Minerva will no longer give food to those who have more than 10 food items in the inventory.
-> No more money making scheme.
Companions will now comment on buffs and debuffs they just caught.
Wrath no longer drinks beverage.
Fixed the Two Handed Sword not being affected by W1k Weapon Scaling mod.
Fixed an issue where you couldn't disable the TerraGuardians backward animations.
Fixed a bug with bounty quests, where It could spawn an empty item.
Rescue messages will no longer show in the chat the name of who rescued you.
Companions will no longer drink regardless of wether they drink alcoholic stuff or not.
-> They also will need to be 18 years old or higher to drink.
Cinnamon, Glenn and Captain Stench Arrives.
-> Cinnamon is a starter companion.
Your companions will no longer disappear when you're invisible.
Fixed a bug where when the mod just does the recruitment of the companion, It checks if anyone has It on move in level before adding It to the can live in the world list.
-> The problem is when that's done before the companion is added to your list.
Vladimir no longer inflicts "Obstruction" debuff on the character when sharing mount or minecart with the player.
-> Instead, It will inflict "Hug" buff on the player. Vladimir will get the "Protecting" buff.
Melee companions will no longer "hop" after flying foes when they're trying to reach them.
-> They will now only jump when close horizontally to the target.
Companions will no longer show fade effects on the Guardian Selection Interface window.
Fixed a bug where Wrath's arms didn't changed animation with the body, when facing the background.
Fixed a bug with Bounty Quest weapon and accessory rewards being only name.
-> That bug only persists until you re-enter the world.
Companions AI will no longer try using heavy items, when they can't.
When companions get hurt, they will have a more cautious AI for 3 seconds.
Companions now knows that showing their behinds doesn't help revive others.
Vladimir can now carry allies.
Companions following you and in idle AI will no longer try going home at night.

Arrivals

There's lots I need to talk about related to this update, but since this mod is about meeting and recruiting new people, let's begin with them.
Differently from other updates, this one brings actually 3 new characters! And one of them can actually end up being a starter companion. Who? Discover by yourself.

View attachment 335355 Glenn: "Have you seen my parents? They look like a white and a black cat, just like me."

View attachment 335356 Cinnamon: "*Are you interessed in tasty food? Me too! Let's lunch together.*"

View attachment 335357 Captain Sally Stench: "As long as you share loot with me we'll be the best of friends."

As you can see, only 2 of the companions are actually made by me, Sally has been made by the contributor Smokey. She behaves differently from all other companions, so I hope you enjoy what we did on her.

Glenn.. Well... His speech actually gives the tip. You probably met them, right? Right?

As for Cinnamon, she's a food enthusiast, who's travelling through worlds to find the best spices for foods. You can already wonder what she'll be best of friends of Minerva, right? Or will she...?

Outfit

Zacks also gained a new outfit. This outfit should actually have been made looooooooooooooooong ago, but I never actually managed to get to start spriting It. So glad that Blue took the initiative to help Zacks take care of the blood and gore on his body, beside he's not really happy with the shirt choice.
This actually involves a little mini quest. Just follow it and you get the outfit. If you liked how the quest system works, please give me feedback about it, since It may be used for future stuff in the mod.

View attachment 335359 Zacks: "*I hope you didn't had anything to do with the choice of this shirt.*"

Other Changes

The update also brings quite a number of changes:
A number of companions gained scale change, to try fitting their intended size. That size change will also affect their house requirement, beside will not make them move out of their current houses. If you dislike the change, you can disable It on the mod configurations.

The companions Mass system also changed. Before, It changed how gravity affects the companion. Now, will affect their maximum fall speed. The difference between both, is that jumps will no longer be hindered by It.

The new guardian selection interface is in. Smokey also sprited It, beside we had some troubles with the makings of It, we managed to finish It. You can compare the huds here:

Sadly, depending on how big your screen is, the hud may look small, so I recommend you to increase the hud size of your game, while I don't figure out a fix for that issue.

The old companion count increase were changed to a companion weight system. Each companion has their weight value, so having higher weight value companions will reduce the number of companions you can have following you. The leader companion will not count towards weight value, so don't worry about that.

Beside a good number of tweaks and changes, and Vladimir picking up people to hug, that's about It.
What are you waiting for? Go on download the update and try It now!

Have fun and enjoy your gameplay :D

By the way, better I get into planning the revival of an old comunity event of this mod...
Wow… big update :D I seriously need to find time for the music…

Oooh somethin new.3 new buds to stick around.
I shoud make new tiny islant-town just for them,b'cause i want have all them.

p.s. Zacks finaly catch nurse and force ask her bandage him

Last edited:
Oooh somethin new.3 new buds to stick around.
I shoud make new tiny islant-town just for them,b'cause i want have all them.

p.s. Zacks finaly catch nurse and force ask her bandage him
Well... Not exactly catch nurse and ask her to bandage him but, yeah...

Alexanders revive animation a bit messed or maybe it just me being blind
myukqfS.png

Skunk Capt hold torch in a bit wrong way.wonders of future technologys
1T6SyV2.png

If you don't talk Glenn when he see you immediately,he will 'freeze' entire world with phase 'And he's gone..." Good way to punish those hearless players who left poor kitty alone in danger world
nzZqm0I.png

Back
Top Bottom