tModLoader Column Creep

Kestrel_

Terrarian
Do you HATE the hardmode V? Do you also NOT hate biome creep as a whole? if so, then Column Creep may be the mod for you!

Column Creep replaces the standard hardmode biome "V" with two randomly positioned columns. The purpose of this mod is to allow for much easier control of biome creep without needing to disable it entirely. You can control exactly where these columns appear by placing a Beacon of Light (Hallow) and/or a Beacon of Night (Crimson/Corruption) Somewhere in your world. Column width and fade can be configured in the mod settings. sorry for the "dev art" I'm looking for someone to help.

Planned features:
- optional control over column spawn location in the form of beacons you can place before fighting wall of flesh. DONE
- more uniform column shape. DONE
- optional fade in/out in order to look a bit more natural. DONE
- control over column width. (credit to ShadowTiger for the idea) DONE
- support for both crimson and corruption columns (or a choice between them) in one world.
- custom ui for beacons.

mod.png

Available here, and on the built-in tModloader Mod Browser

P.S. if you have any feature suggestions, feel free to leave a comment explaining them, and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Update: beacons are coming along great. I need to get art/animations and to server-proof it all, but they do kinda function.
Update 2: turns out they actually didn't work all that well, but they do now! I'll publish the update sometime today. (7/15/21)
Update 3: Mod has been updated! enjoy, and feel free to tell me what you think of it so far!

Update 4: another update, bringing a few more features.

Last edited:
Oh, wow! This is a fantastic idea! I love it! I'm surprised no one's ever really thought of this before. The idea for the beacons is also an awesome one.

Do you think there's any way to configure the width of the columns before they spawn too, or the boundaries of them via similar beacons?

Oh, wow! This is a fantastic idea! I love it! I'm surprised no one's ever really thought of this before. The idea for the beacons is also an awesome one.

Do you think there's any way to configure the width of the columns before they spawn too, or the boundaries of them via similar beacons?
Thank you! I wish I could claim the beacon idea as my own, but that was suggested to me by someone on reddit. My original plan was for it to all be done in a config file. I plan on rewriting the method that actually makes the column to make sure it stays uniform in thickness and doesn't curve. When I figure out how I should go about doing that, I'll absolutely add in a way to control column thickness (i might use that as an opportunity to learn how to do custom ui for the beacons, but it'll probably start out in a config file). I'd also like to add an option for biome dithering, kinda like the jungle has, but not as extreme (this will hopefully make it a little more organic looking without actually making containment more difficult).

Hmm, nice mod! Maybe there could be an option to make it possible to choose wich side will be wich biome. Like, if you want evil at the left side and hallow at the right, or the evil at the right and the hallow at the left side.

Hmm, nice mod! Maybe there could be an option to make it possible to choose wich side will be wich biome. Like, if you want evil at the left side and hallow at the right, or the evil at the right and the hallow at the left side.
Thank you! I can look into doing that. Currently, if only one biome beacon is placed, the other biome will spawn randomly, but on the opposite half of the world.

Back
Top Bottom