Terraria: Journey's End for PlayStation and XBOX - Submitted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed feelings about 1.4 coming to Console. On one hand you have the cons, Nerfed Tools and weapons (Reaver Shark, Daedalus Stormbow, The Bee's Knees just to name a few), The amount of materials needed to craft certain items or weapons (Amazon Yoyo). Now, granted this was done to prevent people from getting through pre-hardmode quickly, I get that, but they still could have made it so that The Reaver Shark could at least mine Meteorite or Hellstone (I mean come on!). On a positive note though, 1.4 got whips and improvements on other areas, like Flails are a thing now. Plus, all the cool things such as new music for certain times of the day, weather, and even biomes. Yes, I am excited for 1.4 on consoles. But I'm still gonna miss 1.3

based on updates in the past is there an estimate of how long it will take?

No way to know how long they will look at it (tends to take longer the bigger/more changes you make... and this is a lot), what they will require fixing, etc.

Do we know the approximate time frame from QA submission to launch for the previous big update? I think I saw that it took about 3 weeks from "we're going to submit it" to "its launched" forum posts, but thats all I got, and if we are expecting it to take longer than that then it will be at least a few more weeks.

Nope... and even those old analogs don't really help out here.

1. COVID impacts?
2. How in depth do they want to go, with how many people?
3. Do they have stuff they require fixing/changing?
4. If so, how long to fix?
5. Re-review submission if so

etc.

There are so many unknowns in that, any guess would be just that.. a wild guess.

You know I think thats exactly what I was looking for. You make some great points. so anywhere from a few days to several weeks LOL. I will continue to heavily monitor the posts/twitter and wait for updates. Thanks for the quick reply, hope all goes well with the launch :)

Just out of curiosity, is DR Studios working on the Pipeworks console code now, or did you scrap that and just port over the mobile 1.4 code?
DR Studios is working on 1.4. The code is probably from PC because their goal is to have the same version of Terraria on all platforms. They did originally work on the mobile 1.4, but that doesn't mean that they are porting over 1.4 from mobile

I have mixed feelings about 1.4 coming to Console. On one hand you have the cons, Nerfed Tools and weapons (Reaver Shark, Daedalus Stormbow, The Bee's Knees just to name a few), The amount of materials needed to craft certain items or weapons (Amazon Yoyo). Now, granted this was done to prevent people from getting through pre-hardmode quickly, I get that, but they still could have made it so that The Reaver Shark could at least mine Meteorite or Hellstone (I mean come on!). On a positive note though, 1.4 got whips and improvements on other areas, like Flails are a thing now. Plus, all the cool things such as new music for certain times of the day, weather, and even biomes. Yes, I am excited for 1.4 on consoles. But I'm still gonna miss 1.3
Oh i feel you all too well. i was literally just having the same convo with my bro, who owns the PC version and thus could inform me on the how all the differences feel first hand. at first i too was torn; things like zenith blades and the TerraPrism coming to console were more than enough to be hype about, but then theres the consideration that you could no longer cheese ML with a certain block setup lol - but even that is easily compensated for as you can just get your fill of his loot pool right now whilst awaiting the update (as it currently can still be done on console).

whats really doing it in for me is the vanity/accessory overhaul - while being able to see capes, wings and back blings of all sorts all at once is definitely a win, it also means you can no longer hotswap things like dmg increasing emblems with L2 (or right-clicking on PC) from vanity slots over and vise versa... this was, and still is, a big disappointment for me as multiple of my builds pretty much rely on quick swapping my "alternate build" chilling in the vanity slots but according to patch notes after 1.4, any non-visible items (like emblems) will no longer be able to go into vanity slots, sadly. :dryadcry:

(as seen in "Guide:Vanity" on the wiki:)
20210830231155.jpg

Still, I would def say that the good outweighs the bad; Things like stormbow and reaver shark nerfs are indeed a pain, but i feel like this will only affect new players as those weapons become far outclassed deep into hardmode/end game and thus will eventually be replaced by better stuff either way. Whips coming and Flail reworks are definitely another positive. A certain Avatar Aang build who uses the Flairon will definitely be benefiting from this, heheh. Just as well as a certain Pokemon Trainer (Pure Summoner) build will benefit from all the whippings Terraria has to offer. `;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom