tModLoader Nefarious Mod

Emperyal

Terrarian
Welcome to the Nefarious Mods official thread
This Mod is a W.I.P and we are in need of some people to fill in coding musician and spriting/animation jobs
Our current goal is to have the mod's first version out with 700 items, 7 bosses, 2 biomes, 60-70 enemies, a new class and more
Any help and item ideas would be greatly appreciated
we look forward to having all of you playing our mod on it's first release

Last edited:
What is this mod going to do? You mostly just gave numbers with no further context behind them. That's not something I personally am getting any hype from. And why specifically numbers this high? I would argue that aiming for specific counts isn't that great of an idea, which can easily lead to quantity over quality. It's generally better to have fewer things that are unique and stand out compared to say, a bunch of swords that do nothing special. There's basically no hook for this mod right now. Nothing that really tells us what to expect from it. What sort of content is planned? What about screenshots?

Is this your first mod? Are you trying to make a big first impression with high numbers? I'm not saying this can't be done, but to really consider how realistic the scope is. Now, of course, there are released mods with numbers higher than the ones given, but they were the result of several experienced people over quite some time. It's going to be hard to get people to join, especially coders, without showing people what you're capable of. I say especially coders because they usually tend to be doing their own projects already.

What is this mod going to do? You mostly just gave numbers with no further context behind them. That's not something I personally am getting any hype from. And why specifically numbers this high? I would argue that aiming for specific counts isn't that great of an idea, which can easily lead to quantity over quality. It's generally better to have fewer things that are unique and stand out compared to say, a bunch of swords that do nothing special. There's basically no hook for this mod right now. Nothing that really tells us what to expect from it. What sort of content is planned? What about screenshots?

Is this your first mod? Are you trying to make a big first impression with high numbers? I'm not saying this can't be done, but to really consider how realistic the scope is. Now, of course, there are released mods with numbers higher than the ones given, but they were the result of several experienced people over quite some time. It's going to be hard to get people to join, especially coders, without showing people what you're capable of. I say especially coders because they usually tend to be doing their own projects already.
this mod is still extremely early in development and we only have some sprites and the name we have ideas but nothing coded and we're working on the story as i speak but considering that 2 of us are in school and the other is across the world it would be pretty difficult to get a lot of progress done
this is my first mod but i personally don't care about how large my first impression is i just care about how people would enjoy the mod
we've only just gotten our coder (the one across the world from us) to code a test weapon so please give us time so we can get some of the weapons added and then we will have screenshots up
i'll be updating the forum as we get the story out and if you decide to play i hope you'll enjoy it

Last edited:

Yo! what up lone! I forgot you had a forum user here! Yeah, this sounds like the first team that hired me when I was (and mostly still am) a noob coder and the only other spriter for this one group, while all the others were just "ideas" (not the best ones, and some where already mods) and didn't show any signs of seriousness or effort.

But anyways, do you know how to make a post? I want to make one in the possible future for help with my mod (Have a bunch of sprites, but want to know how 1.4 tmod is codded, because I want to release everything in one go before I put it now, due to the fear of having to overall everything Again which I probably wouldn't have time to do.)

But I have a solid simple plain: make the first version with two bosses (one optional, and one a event boss, both pre-hard), focus on making around at least 20 main weapons for my new class, 12 secondary, 6 tools that have that damage type, but prime function isn't really attacking head on (just like how some mounts do damage of summoner, but not it's main purpose to begin with), 2 new furniture types, a few new (Non-boss) enemies for pre-hard mainly, 2 re-introduced town npcs, and ONE new main word gen feature that's for pre-hard mode that makes it linear and some enemies harder through adding the debuffs to them. 1/3 of the first initial release version sprites are done, some things need adjustments, and some things need to be finished, and one sprite I am debating whether or not using due to a fall out with one member due to another member lying about leaving, lie-ing about a few other things as far as I know, and as such, they may riot when a sprite they made for me at my request in my server, is being used. And a piece of me is iffy about using it. But the npc is for the final release of the mod if I ever get to that point.

You wouldn't happen to be willing to help edit some sprites of mine, would you? also, some npcs are console locked, and I plan to update them to the 1.4 edition in my mod, similar (but not exactly) to the consola mod with a few new kinks, drops, etc. to help differentiate them from their main pc system brethren. I would be happy to show my sprites, but not here, as they are wip, and I don't want some stolen, or concepts stolen to be the exact same thing and reposted as someone's own. But I feel like I have a solid, simplistic class idea I would be happy to share with you.

Btw, you are currently "Outsider Alien" as a username in discord at the date of me saying this in 09/07/2021, at 4:26 central time, right? If not, ignore everything I just said.

Yo! what up lone! I forgot you had a forum user here! Yeah, this sounds like the first team that hired me when I was (and mostly still am) a noob coder and the only other spriter for this one group, while all the others were just "ideas" (not the best ones, and some where already mods) and didn't show any signs of seriousness or effort.

But anyways, do you know how to make a post? I want to make one in the possible future for help with my mod (Have a bunch of sprites, but want to know how 1.4 tmod is codded, because I want to release everything in one go before I put it now, due to the fear of having to overall everything Again which I probably wouldn't have time to do.)

But I have a solid simple plain: make the first version with two bosses (one optional, and one a event boss, both pre-hard), focus on making around at least 20 main weapons for my new class, 12 secondary, 6 tools that have that damage type, but prime function isn't really attacking head on (just like how some mounts do damage of summoner, but not it's main purpose to begin with), 2 new furniture types, a few new (Non-boss) enemies for pre-hard mainly, 2 re-introduced town npcs, and ONE new main word gen feature that's for pre-hard mode that makes it linear and some enemies harder through adding the debuffs to them. 1/3 of the first initial release version sprites are done, some things need adjustments, and some things need to be finished, and one sprite I am debating whether or not using due to a fall out with one member due to another member lying about leaving, lie-ing about a few other things as far as I know, and as such, they may riot when a sprite they made for me at my request in my server, is being used. And a piece of me is iffy about using it. But the npc is for the final release of the mod if I ever get to that point.

You wouldn't happen to be willing to help edit some sprites of mine, would you? also, some npcs are console locked, and I plan to update them to the 1.4 edition in my mod, similar (but not exactly) to the consola mod with a few new kinks, drops, etc. to help differentiate them from their main pc system brethren. I would be happy to show my sprites, but not here, as they are wip, and I don't want some stolen, or concepts stolen to be the exact same thing and reposted as someone's own. But I feel like I have a solid, simplistic class idea I would be happy to share with you.

Btw, you are currently "Outsider Alien" as a username in discord at the date of me saying this in 09/07/2021, at 4:26 central time, right? If not, ignore everything I just said.
hey please dont talk about your own mod in another mod's forums its kinda rude

hey please dont talk about your own mod in another mod's forums its kinda rude
Sorry, was just talking to someone, didn't really know where else to talk them or get in contact with them from. Will stop, and sorry you found it rude. But I will say talking in general about another mod on a mod's forum isn't unheard of and sometimes given context, it may not be rude. Not saying mine is the case, but still. Just thought I would let you know for future reference.

Sorry, was just talking to someone, didn't really know where else to talk them or get in contact with them from. Will stop, and sorry you found it rude. But I will say talking in general about another mod on a mod's forum isn't unheard of and sometimes given context, it may not be rude. Not saying mine is the case, but still. Just thought I would let you know for future reference.
oh okay sorry about that im still pretty new to this have fun with your mod hopefully it does really well

oh okay sorry about that im still pretty new to this have fun with your mod hopefully it does really well
Thx, and again, wasn't trying to be rude, just got caught up in the moment because my history of someone doing something similar, recruiting me to do ALL the work while having nothing done. Then when I left to go do my own mod, they wanted all my sprites for themselves and basically take the mod as their own. The title just scared me because I saw a few other faux mods who used a similar thing for there first mod, and I was worried this would be another of those scam mods due to the lofty goal you have there. I hope that's not the case and I look forward to your mod, and hope it does well.

Also, I am new to navigation here in the forums, but saw someone here from discord and thought I would respond.

Thx, and again, wasn't trying to be rude, just got caught up in the moment because my history of someone doing something similar, recruiting me to do ALL the work while having nothing done. Then when I left to go do my own mod, they wanted all my sprites for themselves and basically take the mod as their own. The title just scared me because I saw a few other faux mods who used a similar thing for there first mod, and I was worried this would be another of those scam mods due to the lofty goal you have there. I hope that's not the case and I look forward to your mod, and hope it does well.

Also, I am new to navigation here in the forums, but saw someone here from discord and thought I would respond.
i understand where you're coming from since people like to lie a lot but we'll work as hard as we can as a group to get all of the items into the game and working correctly as quickly and cleanly as possible with decent ideas and not just a bunch of broadswords that do nothing, sorry to have inconvenienced you and have a good day

Back
Top Bottom