tModLoader The Amulet Of Many Minions: Combat Pets!

I love the "Enhanced targeting"! Are you planning to make cross-mod support for it?
Thanks! Cross mod support is going to be added Eventually (TM). Direwolf420 is planning on helping me add it once TML 1.4 comes out.

Also, v0.9.0 is here! This update adds an AoMM Variant to each vanilla minion that can make use of the advanced AI tools from the mod. To minimize cross mod compatibility issues, a new staff has been added for each AoMM Variant. These staves can be crafted from their respective vanilla item at a Demon Altar.

V0.10.0(.1) is here! This update adds the following features:

Important note: v0.10.0 contains a critical bug that prevents the mod from working in multiplayer, be sure to upgrade again to V0.10.0.1 if you want to play in multiplayer.
Code:
Changelog:
- Tactics UI Revamp:
  - Menu can now be click-and-dragged across the screen like other mod UIs
  - An additional panel has been added to the UI that lets you switch between two teams, sun and moon
    - Each team can have an individually assigned tactic and waypoint
    - Minions can be moved from team to team by left-clicking on their buff icon
    - Right clicking with a Waypoint Rod now opens a radial menu to quickly toggle the active team
      - Waypoint rods have shiny new sprites thanks to frogpage!
- Early Pre-Hardmode minions:
  - Added 4 new minions as loot for naturally generated chests!
  - Tumblesheep for wooden chests
  - Flying Fishbowl for water chests
  - Swarm of Rats for golden chests
  - Dart Monkey for Jungle Shrine chests
- Post-Moon Lord Minions:
  - Terrarian Ent, crafted with an Acorn Staff and Moon Lord loot
  - Celestial Slime Train, crafted with a Slimecart, Stardust Dragon, and Moon Lord loot
- Granite Armor:
  - New mid-hardmode Squire set sprited by SkyanUltra, crafted from Hallowed Bars and Granite Sparks

Last edited:
V0.11.0 is here! This update introduces a new right-click special ability for each Squire, and adds some server config options for finer control over the mod content's balance. This should allow it to integrate more smoothly with higher/lower difficulty content mods

constellation.gif

The mod has been successfully ported to tModLoader's 1.4 alpha thanks to direwolf420! It currently has every feature from the the main 0.11.0 release ported over, though there are a few cosmetic bugs with some of the armor sets

The mod has been successfully ported to tModLoader's 1.4 alpha thanks to direwolf420! It currently has every feature from the the main 0.11.0 release ported over, though there are a few cosmetic bugs with some of the armor sets
The question is, are you going to discontinue the 1.3 version?

This is really gonna need to be balanced with whips in mind. Stuff like Meteor Fist Staff in particular it seems like.

The question is, are you going to discontinue the 1.3 version?
That is a good question, and something I have not fully worked out yet. Direwolf420 made a number of reasonably large structural changes in the process of porting it, so it will be difficult to actively develop both at the same time. I will definitely keep the 1.3 version up to date with tML changes and bugfixes though. If it's too long before the 1.4 alpha moves to a more stable state (eg. 3-4 months), I'll back-port whatever new changes I can to the 1.3 version as well

The new update for party hats causes an error on load, getting disabled.
I have to type this manually since I only see this error from my server console. Excuse any misspells I may have missed, but this error log should give a general gist.
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Terraria.Main.LoadItem(Int32 i)
    at AmuletOfManyMinions.Core.Minions.Effects.PartyHatSystem.SetStaticDefaults() in AmuletOfManyMinions\Core\Minions\Effects\PartyHat.cs:line 78
    at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalProjectile.SetupContent()
    at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
    at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
    Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
    Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

The new update for party hats causes an error on load, getting disabled.
I have to type this manually since I only see this error from my server console. Excuse any misspells I may have missed, but this error log should give a general gist.
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Terraria.Main.LoadItem(Int32 i)
    at AmuletOfManyMinions.Core.Minions.Effects.PartyHatSystem.SetStaticDefaults() in AmuletOfManyMinions\Core\Minions\Effects\PartyHat.cs:line 78
    at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalProjectile.SetupContent()
    at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
    at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
    Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
    Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
Oops, I break multiplayer in every update. Just pushed a quick patch to fix that.

Please add mod config integration with Hero's Mod. Add a permission level because everyone (even the non-logged in ones) can screw the configs over.

Please add mod config integration with Hero's Mod. Add a permission level because everyone (even the non-logged in ones) can screw the configs over.
Sorry for the slow reply on this. Direwolf420 has just made a patch for the mod that prevents users besides the server owner from editing the config. Not full Hero's Mod support but should address the immediate issue

Sorry for the slow reply on this. Direwolf420 has just made a patch for the mod that prevents users besides the server owner from editing the config. Not full Hero's Mod support but should address the immediate issue
I saw that update. I am happy with it already, but a Hero's Mod support can enhance the experience like a "plug & play" due to it being a dedicated server (no player can be a server owner, and thus can be edited only through a file.)

EDIT: After playing through the mod, apparently the minions that come from this one are too strong. I really like the bikers, but you know that the mod is too powerful when it puts calamity bosses with the difficult buff mod on to shame. I installed DPS extreme mod too and my class deals like 40000 total damage, and the rest of the classes only doing 9000. Hence, this caused an upset and was asked to be removed.

This is just an experience we had; but think about it. Calamity is known to be unbalanced, and yet it beat most of weapons made from calamity. The squires are so far very balanced so I like them the way they are right now. The corruption cell and crimson cell are really too good; if not, OP. Same with the cute bee assistant. The bikers are also really good too (I feel like they are op as well).

This is a really wonderful mod. Expertly done with those graphics. The skeleton bikers really caught me off guard and I fell in love with them.

Last edited:
V0.10.0(.1) is here! This update adds the following features:

Important note: v0.10.0 contains a critical bug that prevents the mod from working in multiplayer, be sure to upgrade again to V0.10.0.1 if you want to play in multiplayer.
Code:
Changelog:
- Tactics UI Revamp:
  - Menu can now be click-and-dragged across the screen like other mod UIs
  - An additional panel has been added to the UI that lets you switch between two teams, sun and moon
    - Each team can have an individually assigned tactic and waypoint
    - Minions can be moved from team to team by left-clicking on their buff icon
    - Right clicking with a Waypoint Rod now opens a radial menu to quickly toggle the active team
      - Waypoint rods have shiny new sprites thanks to frogpage!
- Early Pre-Hardmode minions:
  - Added 4 new minions as loot for naturally generated chests!
  - Tumblesheep for wooden chests
  - Flying Fishbowl for water chests
  - Swarm of Rats for golden chests
  - Dart Monkey for Jungle Shrine chests
- Post-Moon Lord Minions:
  - Terrarian Ent, crafted with an Acorn Staff and Moon Lord loot
  - Celestial Slime Train, crafted with a Slimecart, Stardust Dragon, and Moon Lord loot
- Granite Armor:
  - New mid-hardmode Squire set sprited by SkyanUltra, crafted from Hallowed Bars and Granite Sparks
Holy :red: I’m addicted to this mod I want more of the squires they are fun And whips are good also I found that with squires there is now two sub classes for summoner inactive minions and sentries (traditional summoner) active summoner whips and squires

Did your discord get deleted I can’t join

Judging from the video there may be some balancing issues in game progression but it looks great and you have a lot of great ideas. I like the idea "stand" like summons especially. Have you thought of a banner for the forum?

Holy :red: I’m addicted to this mod I want more of the squires they are fun And whips are good also I found that with squires there is now two sub classes for summoner inactive minions and sentries (traditional summoner) active summoner whips and squires

Did your discord get deleted I can’t join
The discord still exists, and I think the invite is still valid? Here's another invite link just in case: Join the The Amulet of Many Minions Discord Server!

V0.13.0 - Combat Pets - is out now (for the 1.4 beta)!
- Available for every vanilla pet, crafted from vanilla pet items at a demon altar
- Cost 1 minion slot per pet - Powered up by new weapon class called "Combat Pet Emblem"
- Craftable from many ore tiers
- All combat pets scale with best emblem in inventory

Wiki page here: AmuletOfManyMinions/CombatPets
Edit: The 1.3 Compatible portion of the update is now backported to 1.3
Double Edit: Just released a new minor version to address a few errors in the backport

plantero.gif

Last edited:
and for those who might not immediately look at the full details: the weapon class added for the combat pets -- emblems -- is not directly used in active combat like whips or squires; you just keep it in your inventory, and it increases the stats of your combat pet(s), as well as adding new AI patterns to some of the special pets as you get far enough up the emblem tiers.

so they're still the normal kind of passive, for a summoner, and don't actually directly compete with whips and squires.

Back
Top Bottom