Working as Designed [Xbox One] NPCs are sitting on the same chair

or_not_er

Skeletron
It may be hard to see from my screenshots, but the Nurse and Merchant are sitting on the same chair. Despite the Nurse being visible from a distance, only the Merchant can be interacted with. The 1st screenshot has housing info (the Nurse lives on the floor below), and the other 2 have what it looks like from a distance and up close. The problem is on the bottom screen, sorry for my shoddy screenshotting. Strangely, the only time I can remember the Nurse in her room properly is during a solar eclipse. Also, this problem never happened prehard mode, just some random point preplantera.

Attachments

• 101b54f5-f628-4d43-adda-9b7105d446cd.png
    101b54f5-f628-4d43-adda-9b7105d446cd.png
    783.3 KB · Views: 56
  • b6ac6aef-818d-4f57-9fb2-ea9495ada3a9.png
    b6ac6aef-818d-4f57-9fb2-ea9495ada3a9.png
    775.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 1c7e2321-620f-4fdf-8095-114e15f2b2e1.png
    1c7e2321-620f-4fdf-8095-114e15f2b2e1.png
    781.4 KB · Views: 54
It may be hard to see from my screenshots, but the Nurse and Merchant are sitting on the same chair. Despite the Nurse being visible from a distance, only the Merchant can be interacted with. The 1st screenshot has housing info (the Nurse lives on the floor below), and the other 2 have what it looks like from a distance and up close. The problem is on the bottom screen, sorry for my shoddy screenshotting. Strangely, the only time I can remember the Nurse in her room properly is during a solar eclipse. Also, this problem never happened prehard mode, just some random point preplantera.
Two people sitting in one chair (either the player and one NPC in one chair, or two NPCs in one chair) is possible, and as intended. It’s not a bug. :)

Two people sitting in one chair (either the player and one NPC in one chair, or two NPCs in one chair) is possible, and as intended. It’s not a bug. :)
Oh. I figured it was a bug from how inconvenient an inaccessible Nurse is. Still puzzled on how the nurse consistently appears in the wrong room though (She is often ejected from either room, you'd expect her to go back to her own, yes?).

Oh. I figured it was a bug from how inconvenient an inaccessible Nurse is. Still puzzled on how the nurse consistently appears in the wrong room though (She is often ejected from either room, you'd expect her to go back to her own, yes?).
Have you tried having all players off screen from the nurse’s house at nighttime so that she can teleport there? She won’t be able to walk to her house, but she’ll teleport to it at night if there are no players near her.

Have you tried having all players off screen from the nurse’s house at nighttime so that she can teleport there? She won’t be able to walk to her house, but she’ll teleport to it at night if there are no players near her.
On purpose, no. During regular gameplay, many times. She always seems to end up back in the merchants room, although I probably should do a formal experiment. I'll get to it when I can.

The 1st screenshot is immediately after loading up Terraria. The 2nd is after spending an entire night cycle in a desert-hollow biome.

Attachments

• 5557bdf4-0701-4b3a-87c5-bcfdade0e619.png
    5557bdf4-0701-4b3a-87c5-bcfdade0e619.png
    753.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 0d5e9e46-6ed4-4e9d-9b09-46cf1cab13d7.png
    0d5e9e46-6ed4-4e9d-9b09-46cf1cab13d7.png
    824.6 KB · Views: 40
The 1st screenshot is immediately after loading up Terraria. The 2nd is after spending an entire night cycle in a desert-hollow biome.
Just to confirm… all players were offscreen during night? Or just you? Perhaps try it in single player.

Do you have any events going on, like pillars or pirates?

Just to confirm… all players were offscreen during night? Or just you? Perhaps try it in single player.

Do you have any events going on, like pillars or pirates?
All the players were off screen, yes. I'll definitely try in single player, although I will have to do that later. No events going on during the experiment, but we did initiate the Lunatic Cultist fight and therefore the Lunar Events a couple of days later, but I can't imagine that would effect what happened in the screenshots.

Back
Top Bottom