Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny, now that I think about it, but I've always found either World Evil to be pretty inconsequential, mostly being a person who plays Summoner Class. If I had to make a choice between the two, I'd be down to things that are pretty laughable. For example, I really like the "Smoothie of Darkness" food item, because of the meme, the aesthetic & the bias of having a smoothie shop in one of my older Worlds. 😂🥤

20200509123154_1a.jpg

I also like how it looks & feels "rotting", but like... how something else is being created from that rot, & it's not just something deteriorating. The Corruption just feels like a whole bunch of "eww"? The Crimson on the other hand just feels like a biological experiment gone wrong. It's more of the, "what if we were shrunk down & got to explore the inner workings of the human body-type eww", but not really like... this is some evil s**t-type evil?

I mean, that's not 100% accurate, because the Crimson is still scary. Like a biology, seeing baby teeth still-inside-the-skull, & squiggly germs fever-dream. The Corruption though, is like picking up an apple & seeing it rotted from the inside out, with maggots & slime-type scary. I lke 'em both, but would pick Corruption if I had to chose one (plus, it came first so...).

whereas Ichor increases damage by 15 per shot

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure enemy defence always works like if it's in normal mode (2 defence = 1 damage reduced), with higher difficulties just raising the amount of defence. This means that Ichor will increase damage against an enemy by 7.5 on any difficulty, assuming the enemy has 15 or more defence. Overall, Ichor is better for fast firing weapons, while cursed flames win in situations where you're using a weapon that's either fairly slow but hard hitting, or is just hard to land on an enemy.

whereas the Crimson has unique enemies, not just stronger versions of other enemies

...Excuse me?
Face monsters are just zombies on steroids. Blood crawlers are just wall crawlers, herplings are just derplings, blood jelly and blood feeder don't need any commentary, and floaty gross are just wraiths. The only really unique enemies are ichor stickers. That's 1 more unique enemy than the corruption, but still, stating that crimson isn't stealing from other biomes is just not a correct statement to make. (The overall variety does make it feel slightly less stale, but that doesn't help this particular argument)

...Excuse me?
Face monsters are just zombies on steroids. Blood crawlers are just wall crawlers, herplings are just derplings, blood jelly and blood feeder don't need any commentary, and floaty gross are just wraiths. The only really unique enemies are ichor stickers. That's 1 more unique enemy than the corruption, but still, stating that crimson isn't stealing from other biomes is just not a correct statement to make. (The overall variety does make it feel slightly less stale, but that doesn't help this particular argument)
Sure, they are versions of other enemies found in different biomes, but they're not all almost exactly the same, like the Corruption enemies. None of the Crimson's enemies are even remotely similar to each other. Also, I wasn't trying to say that it has completely unique enemies you can't find variants of anywhere else, instead I was trying to say that there's much more variety in the Crimson instead of a huge emphasis on one kind of enemy.

Clingers are simply corrupted Snatchers/Man Eaters/Angry Trappers
Crimson has unique enemies, not just stronger versions of other enemies

I think the combination of these two things is what made me misunderstand what you were going for.

Overall though, I feel like the enemy lineups for both biomes fit in extremely well. Corruption has more of a disease-like thematic, and diseases mutate, so it makes sense that most of it's new enemies are just stronger, mutated versions of what it had before, as well as a few new additions such as slimers or clingers. The crimson on the other hand just seeks to consume, as such it devours many different creatures from various biomes to increase it's range of influence and cover all the different sides, such as water, air, enclosed spaces etc.

Crimson is more unique because it come after the game release, they (505 games i think idk) evolved since the corruption creation and obviously it would be more unique

I prefer corruption LOOK i aint sayin that i love corruption im just saying that i LIKE corruption better like if youre new to the game choose corruption it has relatively easier enemies its perfect for beginners sure Crimson has better loot but harder enemies what will you do with loot when youre litterally ded crimson enemies have more health have more knockback resistance but most crimson enemies aree melee users so a bow should be enough arrows might be a problem while corruption enemies are ranged users and they have less knockback resistance so holding the attack button should keep them away watch out for your back

if youre new to the game choose corruption it has relatively easier enemies its perfect for beginners sure Crimson has better loot but harder enemies what will you do with loot when youre litterally ded crimson enemies have more health have more knockback resistance but most crimson enemies aree melee users so a bow should be enough arrows might be a problem while corruption enemies are ranged users and they have less knockback resistance so holding the attack button should keep them away watch out for your back
Uh no corruption isn’t easier. It spams swarms of the same goddamn enemy over and over again at you and unlike 90% of crimson enemies they don’t have any idle noises to alert you and you can’t just tower up a couple blocks to make them useless. Additionally the gear in crimson is basically perfect for newer players (with the only exception being Undertaker) because it not only has higher stats pretty much all the time but has an actually usable armor set which doesn’t boost the two worst stats in the entire game, and Crimson Rod which serves as a basic introduction to Sidearms. Also the terrain is much easier to navigate in crimson for new players due to the caves being concentrated on very few surface points and being a gentle slope downward towards the hearts rather than a myriad of steep drops splitting up the surface terrain into a bunch of tiny pieces. Additionally Brain of Cthulhu is a joke. It’s literally not even difficult to beat their second phase with a copper shortsword. I’m not even joking.

And then in hardmode the choice is just irrelevant because you can just buy the opposite world evil from the dryad if she’s in a graveyard lol. Not like the corruption has any hardmode advantages besides Putrid Scent anyway. (Except it doesn’t even have THAT on old-gen)

Last edited:
Uh no corruption isn’t easier. It spams swarms of the same goddamn enemy over and over again at you and unlike 90% of crimson enemies they don’t have any idle noises to alert you and you can’t just tower up a couple blocks to make them useless. Additionally the gear in crimson is basically perfect for newer players (with the only exception being Undertaker) because it not only has higher stats pretty much all the time but has an actually usable armor set which doesn’t boost the two worst stats in the entire game, and Crimson Rod which serves as a basic introduction to Sidearms. Also the terrain is much easier to navigate in crimson for new players due to the caves being concentrated on very few surface points and being a gentle slope downward towards the hearts rather than a steep drop.

And then in hardmode the choice is just irrelevant because you can just buy the opposite world evil from the dryad if she’s in a graveyard lol. Not like the corruption has any hardmode advantages besides Putrid Scent anyway. (Except it doesn’t even have THAT on old-gen)
Geez that was a lot to read, honestly I think that whichever you prefer comes down to preference I don’t really like the crimson music but the gory aesthetic is nice, corruption has a note simple design and both have plenty of content to enjoy

Personally I think Crimson is creepier but it's better to me, ESPECIALLY because of the fact that you can acquire the most useful weapon; Vampire Knives. But I like it alot for other reasons too, like how the chasms are relatively small, making it easy to clentaminate. The landscape & the music also gives an overwhelming feeling of anxiety, which is a great feature I love in games. And one last thing, making the Golden Shower, a REALLY useful weapon, I wouldn't have shredded through those hardmode bosses if it wasn't for Golden Shower! So what do you prefer? Corruption or Crimson? Why?
Crimson God Corruption ZZZ

Personally I think Crimson is creepier but it's better to me, ESPECIALLY because of the fact that you can acquire the most useful weapon; Vampire Knives. But I like it alot for other reasons too, like how the chasms are relatively small, making it easy to clentaminate. The landscape & the music also gives an overwhelming feeling of anxiety, which is a great feature I love in games. And one last thing, making the Golden Shower, a REALLY useful weapon, I wouldn't have shredded through those hardmode bosses if it wasn't for Golden Shower! So what do you prefer? Corruption or Crimson? Why?
Corruption. Easier to deal with for me and also I like the color purple rather than red(maybe kind of a stupid reason but its true). Also, despite playing and being a fan of the game for a while, I've never made it to Hardmode(which is hopefully going to change very soon, possibly the day I'm writing this), so I have no opinion on Hardmode stuff, and I'm too stupid to compare the evils' items.

Depends I’m I’m on expert I’m going with corruption if I’m on classic or journey I’m going with crimson

Personally, on an aesthetic level, even though both evils are morbid-themed, I prefer to have purple virus lesion biome over a red gory flesh biome. It's less disturbing. I do prefer purple over red in general anyways because it's a more "chill" colour if that makes sense.
This is a bit off-topic, but as a kind-of Minecraft fan I think having a Sculk/Deep-Dark themed evil biome (similar to corruption but blacker I guess) would tickle my fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom