tModLoader Pinky's content pack

Found a bug, and I'm afraid it's a rather major one. Allow me to describe it in detail.
I travelled to the Twilight Islands after preparing aptly for the Kobbolem. Of course, though, I ended up dying - nothing new, I had tried sloppily rushing the thing - and decided to head back to the mainland for a change of both gear and strategy. But that's where things got complicated.
I spoke to the Traveller NPC and attempted to travel back home, only to be told that I was already in the Paradox Islands. So already, that prevented me from going home. To make matters worse, I was also completely unable to travel to any other locations. Clicking the button to Travel to someplace else like the Cathedral prompted the noise to play, but absolutely nothing happened.
Additionally, the Kobbolem appears to have completely vanished from its arena. There are no ominous eyes watching from that darkness any more, and the entire map is now breakable - as in, I could casually dig through anything and everything.
That leads me to now. Stuck on the Twilight Islands, being completely unable to travel anywhere else. The game thinks I'm at the Paradox Islands, and I can't seem to travel anywhere else. As it stands, I can't do anything about anything, and have hit a complete roadblock.
If you've got any ideas for help, I'll gladly listen. Whatever you might need to identify and fix the root cause of this problem, I'll promptly supply. This is an awesome mod with which I've had no problems with in the past, so I'd like to solve this and prevent it from happening once more.

(TL;DR - Character stranded on Twilight Islands and can't travel anywhere else, with the boss completely gone and the tile protection broken. That's no bueno.)

Found a bug, and I'm afraid it's a rather major one. Allow me to describe it in detail.
I travelled to the Twilight Islands after preparing aptly for the Kobbolem. Of course, though, I ended up dying - nothing new, I had tried sloppily rushing the thing - and decided to head back to the mainland for a change of both gear and strategy. But that's where things got complicated.
I spoke to the Traveller NPC and attempted to travel back home, only to be told that I was already in the Paradox Islands. So already, that prevented me from going home. To make matters worse, I was also completely unable to travel to any other locations. Clicking the button to Travel to someplace else like the Cathedral prompted the noise to play, but absolutely nothing happened.
Additionally, the Kobbolem appears to have completely vanished from its arena. There are no ominous eyes watching from that darkness any more, and the entire map is now breakable - as in, I could casually dig through anything and everything.
That leads me to now. Stuck on the Twilight Islands, being completely unable to travel anywhere else. The game thinks I'm at the Paradox Islands, and I can't seem to travel anywhere else. As it stands, I can't do anything about anything, and have hit a complete roadblock.
If you've got any ideas for help, I'll gladly listen. Whatever you might need to identify and fix the root cause of this problem, I'll promptly supply. This is an awesome mod with which I've had no problems with in the past, so I'd like to solve this and prevent it from happening once more.

(TL;DR - Character stranded on Twilight Islands and can't travel anywhere else, with the boss completely gone and the tile protection broken. That's no bueno.)

Ok so first of all, getting you back to the Paradox Islands can be done by doing a Manual Restore here's some instructions on how to do it: Go to your My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Pinkymod folder. You will find files by the name of <Your world name> Overworld.wld and .twld files. Move them to your My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Worlds folder, and replace the worlds currently in there.

After that go back into the Pinkymod folder and delete all files that have "Twilight Islands" in them that are tied to your world, going back there will then reset the whole area with the same map but as if you haven't been there before. Which should fix the boss not being able to be summoned and any other issues yours having there.

I keep getting the message Trent is no longer after you... but have not seen him anywhere. Am I supposed to dig a huge place underground in the outer area of the map or go in some specific place in the tree? Been looking and waiting for this dude to spawn in for like an hour. (edit) just used cheat sheet and realized he's just broken.

Last edited:
I keep getting the message Trent is no longer after you... but have not seen him anywhere. Am I supposed to dig a huge place underground in the outer area of the map or go in some specific place in the tree? Been looking and waiting for this dude to spawn in for like an hour. (edit) just used cheat sheet and realized he's just broken.
Strange. When I played not too long ago he was fine. He typically spawns somewhere underground inside the tree closer to the bottom of it.

I've had them despawn before sometimes but what do you mean by you realized he was broken with cheat sheet? Since if you mean you spawned him with it and he instantly despawned while on screen that's never happened before.

I've had them despawn before sometimes but what do you mean by you realized he was broken with cheat sheet? Since if you mean you spawned him with it and he instantly despawned while on screen that's never happened before.
He would spawn in places not accessible and wouldn't move even when he spawned in. He did spawn once without cheat sheet but he spawned in the boss arena. He still didn't move and when I did kill him I couldn't get the key because it was behind the locked door.

Hi everyone! I will be rewriting the mod for 1.4. It will take some time, but I hope to provide a more polished, refined experience that is multiplayer friendly. The mod will be re-released in stages with each containing more and more of the original content, and some including new content reworks as well(eg: HOTC). Will it take time? Yes. But I am confident that one day, it will be re-released in it's entirety. Cheers!

Another announcement on the state of the mod, as forwarded from discord:
As you know, I'm going to become an adult soon. I need to survive somehow as well, so from now on, Harpy Raiders will be my main focus, and Pinkymod my side project. Be assured, I love my mod too much to just let it go.

(As) for Pinkymod, development should resume sometime by september, and the mod will be ported to 1.4 in stages - probably starting with the initial release featuring boss content up to Kobbolem but with items for all stages of the game so you can use Godslayer and Cosmic Catharsis to undo calamity bosses
HARPY RAIDERS:
I'm very excited to announce my new main project: Harpy Raiders!
Harpy Raiders is a game that takes place as a spinoff to Pinkymod. Please check out the forum thread here for more info: Member-Run Project - Harpy Raiders - A Game inspired by Terraria and its Mods! :happy:
Once again, thank you all for supporting me on this long journey!

Would it be possible to have a mod that only includes name tags (for 1.4)? I don't really use big content packs aside from maybe 1 or two playtroughs, but name tags is something I wanted for a long time. Also is this for 1.4? I can't find this in the download mods list in TModLoader.

Would it be possible to have a mod that only includes name tags (for 1.4)? I don't really use big content packs aside from maybe 1 or two playtroughs, but name tags is something I wanted for a long time. Also is this for 1.4? I can't find this in the download mods list in TModLoader.
Hi! That'll definitely be possible, but I just haven't gotten around to touching 1.4 yet. Pinkymod isn't currently available for 1.4, but we're (In reality it's just one guy - Auseawesome, working under me in his spare time while I am focusing on Harpy Raiders) slowly creeping towards a release

Hi! That'll definitely be possible, but I just haven't gotten around to touching 1.4 yet. Pinkymod isn't currently available for 1.4, but we're (In reality it's just one guy - Auseawesome, working under me in his spare time while I am focusing on Harpy Raiders) slowly creeping towards a release
Thank you for your information. I will be patiently waiting then :)

Haven't mentioned here yet, only in my discord, but I really feel like giving up on tmod. Just... no time for it anymore, and I think it's time to move on to greener pastures

Haven't mentioned here yet, only in my discord, but I really feel like giving up on tmod. Just... no time for it anymore, and I think it's time to move on to greener pastures
I can resonate with this and what Hallam had said to you, I've already fallen into this state with SGAmod and 1.4, and I hadn't been doing tmod nearly as long as you.
I won't fault you, I'm only a coder (who did some really advanced stuff before most other people did instead and was not really noticed, but I digress), but your a jack of all trades of talent who wants to do their thing, but your mod became niche because it's not the mainstream crap the community wants. It's pretty clear TMOD players don't care for the things you put a ton of effort into like your custom magic-powered tech mod systems which is a real shame.

I call the line at when a passion project no longer is self-rewarding, which it seems Pinky's Mod is for you now. This isn't your job, your not earning any money from this and you clearly don't enjoy it anymore, so I think you moving onto to actual game deving would be better for you.

The only thing I really ask is if you cannot find a successor is to make your mod open source on github with a permissible license, to allow someone else to carry the touch if they want to continue the mod.

I'm alive! Heres some stuff for the 1.4. By the way, Pinkymod will most likely be renamed; in the same vein as SacredTools, so as to avoid confusion with people who would think the mod is solely about pinky :D

The new Dawning Star!

Lightning Arc: a pre hardmode bow used to craft the new Stellaris
Lightning_Arc.gif

You do realize he's also a game dev making his own game right?
He's not going to put down his mod and his game for you, it's honestly rude that you've been going around asking anywho who has proven themselves to stop what they're doing to help you
is anyone knows the i'm doesn't have devs & creators of the mod beacuse i'm a owner of the mod so then no one make this pls help me for doing this:

Let me put it this way:
Once you understand what *real* work is and how much time and effort people put into their work like @Linx145 has, THEN you can try asking, but by then you'll understand the concept of paid work like commissions.
for codes & sprite sheet beacuse i'm still busy to makes sprites also me was a owner of the mod i was making some sprites for days and anyone can making codes & sprite sheet for a mod

Back
Top Bottom