Weapons & Equip Celestial Brush

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
index.php

Celestial Brush
10 Mana per block cast
Insanely Slow Speed (Can be cast once every 15 seconds)
Rainbow_Brick_v2.gif
x100,
Ectoplasm.png
x25,
Crystal_Shard.png
x45,
Rainbow_Rod.png
x1

The celestial brush is an ice-rod like weapon which casts a color changing line that has a reel of 40 Blocks before it runs out.

Left Click dragging draws a line, while Right Clicking can erase it to suck blocks back up to be used.
The line will knock back any enemies which come in contact with it.

- Does not any enemies (excluding bosses) to go past it.
-Blocks can connect to form a line diagonally as well as horizontally and vertically.
- Each block can take 35 damage before breaking and being added back into the Brush's reel after 8 seconds.
- If the blocks are connected, they will share health. Say I have a line of 8 blocks, it would have 280 total health.
- Each block has one defense point that adds up the same way as health.
- Does not affect NPCs.
- Placed blocks disappear after 45 seconds.
- When the timer runs out or a block/line is destroyed, it will explode into many rainbow shards that are purely aesthetic.

Thanks to @ThatOneKiwi for the sprite!

Last edited:
I like the weapon (or shield) but I don't like the name much. I'd rather see it being a nice wand or staff, not an actual brush.
Anyway, being able to create temporary barriers would be something to have fun with. :)
Recipe could probably be improved. I feel the beetle shells are a bit out of place. Would rather see ectoplasm instead.

What about other players? Would be nice to see them blocked as well when in pvp mode.

This is pretty neat. I would love this item except that it hurts the player if it breaks? Mmm; I understand that it needs some cons as a shield and don't really have anything to replace that particular feature with. I guess I just dislike that aspect of it because if it's something that protects me I wouldn't enjoy it doing damage onto me. If I come up with something I'll let you know, I'd just like it to be known that I feel that's weird (Not that it's a bad feature per-say.)

Ah, why the heck not. I see nothing wrong with adding an Ice Rod that doesn't suck. (Though you could argue that buffing the Ice Rod itself would be easier.)

It's a bit complicated with all the left/right clicking, though. Also, be aware that all enemy projectiles pierce, though this creates actual blocks, so it would probably circumvent that problem.

Seems like a decent Idea, but I would add the ice rod to the recipe if only to make it just ever so slightly harder to get. But that's just me.

This is a cool concept! does the line act like a projectile that knocks enemies back or a block like the ice rod?

The line does not act like a projectile in any way, it is only for line drawing. :3
Seems like a decent Idea, but I would add the ice rod to the recipe if only to make it just ever so slightly harder to get. But that's just me.

Ice rods, being 1 platinum, are already extremely expensive and I don't really feel that this is worth an entire platinum ONTOP of the Pre-Existing ingredients.
Ah, why the heck not. I see nothing wrong with adding an Ice Rod that doesn't suck. (Though you could argue that buffing the Ice Rod itself would be easier.)

It's a bit complicated with all the left/right clicking, though. Also, be aware that all enemy projectiles pierce, though this creates actual blocks, so it would probably circumvent that problem.

I don't actually thing that the right/left clicking is confusing. Left click is a brush, right click is an eraser. The eraser is just so if you want to get out, you can, or if you want to free up space for more blocks.

I don't actually thing that the right/left clicking is confusing. Left click is a brush, right click is an eraser. The eraser is just so if you want to get out, you can, or if you want to free up space for more blocks.
It's not confusing, but complicated. Complicated as in, how would you code that? At least in my point of view. Then again, I know nothing about coding so don't take my word for it.

I like it! It's like an upgrade to Magical Sparklers! :)

What about replacing the rainbow bricks with crystal shards? It gets the rainbow from the rod already, and has a crystal shard like effect.

It's not confusing, but complicated. Complicated as in, how would you code that? At least in my point of view. Then again, I know nothing about coding so don't take my word for it.

Yeah I suppose that it could be a more difficult thing to code, but hey, just look at all the cheap art programs they made in under a minute.

I like it! It's like an upgrade to Magical Sparklers! What about replacing the rainbow bricks with crystal shards? It gets the rainbow from the rod already, and has a crystal shard like effect.

I'll add some shards to the recipe, sort of like light refractors, but the rainbow blocks are what make it cool. ;)

Looks very useful for building and making temporary scaffolding for building. I would use it for sure. I feel like the self-damage is a little overkill for a building/protection tool. I would remove the shattering for damage effect entirely, and just let it do damage while you draw.

Also, just to be clear, does it create blocks like the ice rod, or a solid line like the rainbow gun? (But impassible)

I would totally make a box around demon eyes an other annoying monsters.

I like the idea. It reminded me of Kirby Canvas Curse when I first read the description and it seems to be a proper tool to, as you said, keep monsters at distance and protect the player while they're building their house and a solar eclipse rains down on them. I can imagine this becoming a tool console and mobile players will have some trofunble with because of its wide range.

Back
Top Bottom