Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish it was Terraria 2. I've been defending T2 on the basis that it was going to be a different game and not distract fans from Terraria. This is a disservice to both of those games. Effort that could have been spent on either funneled into a diet lime version of his greatest work. I don't understand why anything new from this game couldn't be implemented in either Terraria or Terraria 2, especially given that Red is actively working on adding content to Terraria. If it's just a new art style put out an official reskin patch!
I don't understand, also, why Red would want to lock himself into a Terraria do-over. I thought the plan was to move on to other genres, and for people to be playing Terraria for years after he finished, not jumping from new game to new game while this board devolves into bickering about which game does cabins better. Terraria's not even finished and he's kicking it to the curb for a new window model.
Redigit isn't even going to be working on this new game...

Wait, so...
When you said Redigit was moving on to new projects outside the Terraria franchise, you meant he's making a new Terraria game? Not complaining about more Terraria, but what happened to that plan?
Unless, of course, this isn't Red's new game and is completely unrelated, in which case, I'm just gonna go shut up and continue to be excited about this awesome news.

Tons of things to say! The first being that I'm very excited for this game and that it looks to be incredible!

Thoughts on:

Graphics: Looks better than Starbound, not as simple as Terraria but avoids the too pixelated look of character models that really bugged me. I will admit that the game may feel too purple at first, but there are plenty more things to learn about the game before assuming the whole world is purple.

Gameplay: If I'm reading correctly cleansing the world is a big part of the game so that definitely gives it a bit of a story and something to try to complete where as Terraria has no set direction you simply can do things because you want to, not because you need to or people ask you too. I expect something similar to Terraria Prime because it is a Terraria game, but of course new mechanics we could only speculate at this point.

The Boss: Now I may be getting ahead of myself but I feel like the final storyline boss will be the Dryad or an Evil Player Character from Terraria Prime because the Dryad is constantly trying to get you to spread the corruption/crimson/hallow as opposed to having a natural world, and the infamous theory that the Player character is evil because (s)he sacrifices the guide, possibly spreads evil to the world and may be destroying the world's natural defenders.

Misc: I really hope this will be released within the year, and being on consoles will be great. The team already knows how antsy players are about release dates and I couldn't bear to read the questions about the release date for over a year and the inevitable response of it will be ready when it's done. This has always caused tension, so hopefully before things get too serious something is stated about the year of release. I'm of the mindset if you don't want to be bothered about when something is coming out because you don't like the pressure don't inform people something is coming out until you have a few month release span. Not faulting the Dev's or staff who make the choices of when to say things and I appreciate the "when we have a timeline we'll give you one" but only as opposed to pushing things back multiple times.

Overall: It's Terraria it's going to be awesome.

I wonder what system requirements are, for starbound they were actually pretty high and alot of the older machines

No sequel, but something a whole lot cooler. This looks like it might be a bit of an RPG. Can't wait for some epic battles.

This is what stuff looks like in my dreams...

Anyways, looks amazing! And that altar-type thing reminds me of don't starve for some reason...

Maybe you should reread what I said:
It doesn't say in this post that Redigit will not be working on this project, unless for some reason you think Redigit isn't part of Relogic. Even if so, when I said Redigit isn't the only one who works on Terraria, I meant the other members/associates of Relogic who could be tasked to Terraria or Terraria 2 who are instead putting effort into this thing. Whoever is working on this, they are talent that Terraria is missing out on.

Oh boy! I can't wait for it. The only thing that concerns me is that this just looks like a starbound-styled terraria...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom