Will TEdit work when 1.3 is released?

Basically, as I've failed to contain the corruption and the hallow spread in my current world, my plan when 1.3 is released is to generate a new world and copy-paste my base over on to the new world. This would work in the current version, but due to new blocks and stuff in 1.3, will TEdit no longer work? Would I have to wait for the program to be updated to support 1.3?
Here is a link to the TEdit page:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/tedit-terraria-map-editor.35394/

No, it will not work. Considering the game is being updated, TEdit needs to be updated as well. TEdit accesses and edits the files for the world. If you load a version of TEdit that is an earlier version that the version of Terraria you're using, it will crash. This is because there are blocks and items that are in your Terraria world that are unrecognizable by TEdit thus causing problems and causing it to crash.

It will take a little bit for the creator to update it. :] Just gotta be patient.

No, it will not work. Considering the game is being updated, TEdit needs to be updated as well. TEdit accesses and edits the files for the world. If you load a version of TEdit that is an earlier version that the version of Terraria you're using, it will crash. This is because there are blocks and items that are in your Terraria world that are unrecognizable by TEdit thus causing problems and causing it to crash.

It will take a little bit for the creator to update it. :] Just gotta be patient.
WAAAAAH. ME NO BE PATIENT. ME WANT MAKE WORLD NOOOOW. :sigh:

I tried this and I believe it works if you have not entered the world since the update.

Well if you have copy of 1.2.4 world TEdit will allow to edit it. But once you enter the world in game it will get converted into 1.3 version and then TEdit becomes useless...

Someone already forked it on GitHub and made it work with 1.3 worlds. You can just build it yourself. Used it myself, other than occasional pink textures it seems to work, at least for the displaying part.

Someone already forked it on GitHub and made it work with 1.3 worlds. You can just build it yourself. Used it myself, other than occasional pink textures it seems to work, at least for the displaying part.
Could you provide a link to that? I'd be very grateful.

It isn't that hard to find, really... Just... github.com -> TEdit -> forks -> look for any forks with 1.3-related commits.

Anyway - https://github.com/speeder/Terraria-Map-Editor
Go to this page, click Download ZIP -> unpack it -> run build.bat. For me it showed some errors, but still made a working version in the bin/portable folder (I think that was the path, don't remember now).

I would like to point out that you can generate a 1.2.4 world in TEdit and then open it in 1.3 so you can stock up on anything from before that. After absolutely destroying 3 large worlds worth of jungle for clorophyte I just made a world of all cloro ore. No more running out of bullets.

I would like to point out that you can generate a 1.2.4 world in TEdit and then open it in 1.3 so you can stock up on anything from before that. After absolutely destroying 3 large worlds worth of jungle for clorophyte I just made a world of all cloro ore. No more running out of bullets.
Or you could not replace the world with Chlorophyte and make a Legitimate Chlorophyte... but who am i to judge.. i removed the damn HM corruption that spawned on my castle..

Or you could not replace the world with Chlorophyte and make a Legitimate Chlorophyte... but who am i to judge.. i removed the damn HM corruption that spawned on my castle..
Like I said I cleared 3 large worlds of their jungle entirely before doing this. That is killing Plantera too many times to count taking my spelunker potions and going in over a couple weeks and guess how long that lasted me. Wait you don't have to I spent 3 hours farming expert moon lord and ran out. The amount of time farming is disproportionately long for how fast you go through the ammo. I don't always have the luxury of being able to play all day so when I run out of vacation time I make a cloro world. Best solution in the world to me.

Like I said I cleared 3 large worlds of their jungle entirely before doing this. That is killing Plantera too many times to count taking my spelunker potions and going in over a couple weeks and guess how long that lasted me. Wait you don't have to I spent 3 hours farming expert moon lord and ran out. The amount of time farming is disproportionately long for how fast you go through the ammo. I don't always have the luxury of being able to play all day so when I run out of vacation time I make a cloro world. Best solution in the world to me.
Fair enough, i aint mad.

My Chloro ice biome farm is perrrty

My original world needs saving from the loss of all underground Jungle in hard mode, and after realizing that I don't have the time to reverse engineer it, the 1.3 update to tEdit is my only hope. Looking forward and waiting patiently for it.

Back
Top Bottom