Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like being nerfed since she just turn me to stone even tho im out of her sight -.-`:sigh:~:sigh::nursesigh::merchantsigh:%:sigh::sigh::redspin:

Yes, which was unfair and a broken mechanic. She did not lose her power nor was it reduced, only some details about how it works were changed. Thus it's a fix.

I'm now being annoying and shall see myself out.

*Sees Terraria update*

*Goes to Terraria forums to make sure that stupid Moon Lord debuff has been removed*

*Doesn't see it*

*Instead sees that the Moon Lord will probably teleport to you if you get too far*

*Still hopes debuff is gone and goes to check in-game*

WTF WHY ISN'T THE DEBUFF GONE!? YOU JUST MADE HIM WORSE!!! I WOULD BE FINE WITH THE TELEPORTING BUT THAT DEBUFF MAKES IT SO I DIE IN AROUND 30 SECONDS OF THE FIGHT STARTING

:golem: has anyone still not seen the marble biome
[DOUBLEPOST=1436500224,1436500172][/DOUBLEPOST]
*Sees Terraria update*

*Goes to Terraria forums to make sure that stupid Moon Lord debuff has been removed*

*Doesn't see it*

*Instead sees that the Moon Lord will probably teleport to you if you get too far*

WTF WHY ISN'T THE DEBUFF GONE!? YOU JUST MADE HIM WORSE!!! I WOULD BE FINE WITH THE TELEPORTING BUT THAT DEBUFF MAKES IT SO I DIE IN AROUND 30 SECONDS OF THE FIGHT STARTING

what debuff

After full searching the world 20 times with a water candle and battle potion, I can safely say...
*ahem*
Martian probes are removed from the game.
I can confirm this. I've spent ~3 hours combing both the surface and the space layer with a water candle and battle potion. I've not found a single probe.
I've also tried the stationary method with placed candles and potion, and a speedhack; not a single probe spawned.

They're gone.

:pumpking: i go crazy for terraria i can't wait for 1.4 maybe i can wait for 2.0 maybe no more big updates :eek:
[DOUBLEPOST=1436500442,1436500384][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can confirm this. I've spent ~3 hours combing both the surface and the space layer with a water candle and battle potion. I've not found a single probe.
I've also tried the stationary method with placed candles and potion, and a speedhack; not a single probe spawned.

They're gone.

pls add manual way to spawn martian mad-ness Re-Logic
[DOUBLEPOST=1436500526][/DOUBLEPOST]seriously we need it maybe it spawns 1/10 after golem is killed
[DOUBLEPOST=1436500604][/DOUBLEPOST]and try without those maybe it will work but will take slower and without martian madness no ufo mount its so op

Hey @Rawdy4, if you don't mind, please stop double posting. You can use the Edit button to add more content to your previous posts in a much nicer looking format. :)

So apparently, the best way to kill Moon Lord is indeed using the Cosmic Car Key.

My Setup:

Beetle Armor
Charm of Myths
Master Ninja Gear
Celestial Shell
Destroyer Emblem
Ankh Shield
(all Accessories Armored or Warding... kinda ran out of Plat for warding on all, had 101 Defense without potions)

Weapons:

First Form: Solar Eruption
Second Form: Daybreak
Stardust Dragon Rod

Potions:

Ironskin Potion
Rejuvenation Potion
Rage Potion
Endurance Potion

Basically, fly circles around him in the first form, though sometimes it is difficult to dodge his eye laser, but it shouldn't do that much; it might take a couple potions while you DPS down the hands and the eye. Get hands near-dead, then kill off the eye, then the hands.

Once this is done, you're past the hard part! Yes, that's right, I said you are past the Hard Part.

Simply go right or left (start fighting him on one edge of the world or another, whichever edge has fewer sky islands). Fly away from him and throw Daybreaks at his heart. He automatically positions himself so that the eyes he throws at you will automatically miss, the eyes that fire lasers will never hit you, and you should only take damage very occasionally. The first time I killed him, I got hit one single time by a flying eye. The second time, I attempted it with a Meowmere instead of Daybreak (it didn't perform anywhere near as well despite having higher raw damage).

Definitely stay with the Daybreak. Just fly away from him, lol. He can't hit you whatsoever.

*Sees Terraria update*

*Doesn't see it*

What debuff? Moonbite? If he couldn't Moonbite, I feel like the fight would be too easy.

So... I'm getting mixed messages from this thread. A lot of people are saying they can beat the moon lord solo, but have any of them done it solo on expert without any moon lord drops? specifying difficulty and progression level seems pertinent.

Done on expert mode, 500 max hp, shroomite Bullet gear, unreal vortex beater, chlorophyte bullets, Cosmic car key, master ninja gear (rather happy to have that), Celestial Shell, Celestial Stone, Ankh Shield, Hoverboard (For no real reason tbh), Worm Scarf. All accessories warding. Iron skin potion, well fed buff, damage up potions (10% Crit, 10% dmg up), life regen potion and some other stuff like a rod of dischord (I was super lucky there)...

With more than (felt) 30 hp regen per second, and 80-ish armour values, you can make it as long as you keep an eye open for his phantasmal death ray (No pun intended). After his Head and Hands are done for, just try your best to keep him at a healthy distance. I fought him in the open and used the rod to teleport away (Behind-ish) from his death ray, making the lack of "solid" cover less of an issue. Once you gotta deal with his core, just keep your distance, because the eyes have a lower range than his usual one-hit-wonder. Also, since his core does not close, it is also the easiest target for Chlorophyte bullets and goes down faster than you would expect. Just always move away from him, once his core is exposed it makes dodging the bullet spam of his released eyes much easier...

Done on expert mode, 500 max hp, shroomite Bullet gear, unreal vortex beater, chlorophyte bullets, Cosmic car key, master ninja gear (rather happy to have that), Celestial Shell, Celestial Stone, Ankh Shield, Hoverboard (For no real reason tbh), Worm Scarf. All accessories warding. Iron skin potion, well fed buff, damage up potions (10% Crit, 10% dmg up), life regen potion and some other stuff like a rod of dischord (I was super lucky there)...

With more than (felt) 30 hp regen per second, and 80-ish armour values, you can make it as long as you keep an eye open for his phantasmal death ray (No pun intended). After his Head and Hands are done for, just try your best to keep him at a healthy distance. I fought him in the open and used the rod to teleport away (Behind-ish) from his death ray, making the lack of "solid" cover less of an issue. Once you gotta deal with his core, just keep your distance, because the eyes have a lower range than his usual one-hit-wonder. Also, since his core does not close, it is also the easiest target for Chlorophyte bullets and goes down faster than you would expect. Just always move away from him, once his core is exposed it makes dodging the bullet spam of his released eyes much easier...

This is the single most helpful response I could have possibly hoped for, especially considering I prefer the weapon/armor type you used. Thank you very much.

Well... I just ripped the Moon Lord into pieces as a ranger and a little bit of melee on my first try.
And I gotta say the Phantasm nerf isn't as bad as everyone thinks. It's still pretty powerful and viable.

This is the single most helpful response I could have possibly hoped for, especially considering I prefer the weapon/armor type you used. Thank you very much.

Keep in mind that I used the UFO mount along with the rod of dischord. You may have trouble obtaining these items. If you're planning on killing him without the UFO mount, you may want to build a specific "arena" to outrun him on a unicorn mount or use some running shoes, or stick to the hoverboard-glide. Without the rod of dischord, you'll get hit by his phantasmal death ray sooner or later, so you really wanna figure out how to avoid that thing during phase one. Hooking up some teleporters in your arena would be one way of doing things, just so you can instantly dodge left to right or vice versa to fully avoid his death ray.

And I gotta say the Phantasm nerf isn't as bad as everyone thinks. It's still pretty powerful and viable.

Nope. Now Phantasm is ruined.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436503792,1436503616][/DOUBLEPOST]
  • Fixed bug where Phantasm dealt unintentional high damage.

Yes, of caurse, it was a "bug".
Wait... Does it mean that all the time that I thought Phantasm was a little unbalanced, it was actually a bug!?

Oh no, they nerfed Phantasm!

Oh no! I started using the Vortex Beater!

Ranged is ranged, even if I like bows better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did a DPS Spectre Mask build for my fight in Normal Mode.
Menacing Fishron Wings
Lucky Mana Cuffs
Lucky Celestial Emblem
Menacing Destroyer Emblem
Menacing Ankh Shield (Normally, you'd have the Sorcerer Emblem here, but I didn't want to get rekt by hitstun knockback. Having fought the ML with a proper DPS build in Nebula Armor, I don't think you really need this.)

Consumables:
Regen, Ironskin, Mana Regeneration, Magic Power, Pumpkin Pie

My arena consisted of a very wide platform with campfire and heart lantern buffs covering its entirety.

I used a Mythical Blizzard Staff (Like most of my gear, remnant of soloing the Pumpkin Moon to wave 15.), Mythical Nebula Arcanum (Got lucky with that one.), and an unmodified Nebula Blaze. I may or may not have had a Stardust Dragon Staff, but I doubt that would have changed much.

I got the eyes down to red health with the Nebula Arcanum and walking to the left and right on a large platform. For some reason, I don't get hit much this way. Whenever he charged up his death ray, I just flew up and to the right, and I never got hit by it. I'm pretty sure it would also work going to the left, but I haven't tested that.

I then took out all of the eyes, starting with the head one. (Does anyone else think the head eye stays closed too long?) With all the eyes out, I just spammed Nebula Blaze at the core while dodging in a large circle with the Fishron Wings. Towards the end, I quaffed a Super Health Potion and, very riskily, mind, chose to tank some of the hits and use the Blizzard Staff on his core.

Personally, I did not have a problem with the Moon Lord at all. I think the battle is very enjoyable, albeit frenetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom