Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 There are really people who didn't think a bow that could do about 1500 damage PER SHOT wasn't pretty much the best weapon of the game? At fast speeds? You were aware Tsunami could kill Ice Queen in actual seconds, right?

2. As of the time you fight Wall of Flesh, I can't think of any weapon that can pierce all 3 targets for good damage except maybe Demon Scythe, which is slow.

3. Yes, a lot of things could do it. Including a bow. That are supposedly horrible.

4. Nah, pretty sure that Titanium Repeater loaded with Jester's Arrows was and might still be the most effective way to kill Destroyer with pre mech gear.

5. I am pretty damn sure that when I was using Tsunami a month ago I was shooting a bunch of arrows that caused status afflictions like Ichor or Venom or caused stars to fall for huge damage, while never moving because everything up to and including event bosses died in just a few shots.

I understand the salt that happens when anything is nerfed in any game ever, but the raw numbers data shows that this "waaah archery is so neglected and underpowered!" mentality is just that; salt.

-1) So does a razorpine... Simply put, that Tsunami was on par with some of the better weapons, but still not the best. Also 300 dmg per arrow seems pretty much like a best case scenario, let alone the fact that you have to make all 5 arrows count.

-2) And the scythe still gets the job done nice and easy, also it hits more often than the bow does and is more precise in general.

-3) Still other weapons are superior during moon events, let alone the fact that the shroomite bonus is pretty much nonexistant during these events, unless you have a healer and/or a tank with you.

-4) The golden shower is on par with, if not better than jester's arrows fired off a titanium repeater, when it comes to killing the "first ever" destroyer during a run. This is, however, a matter of party-play versus soloing.

-5) Either you use ammo you have to farm for, or you've been using a mod. The Tsunami does not do that by default, thus making your argument partially invalid, since gunners can do similar things and melee can imbue weapons for some disturbingly efficient effects.

It's funny you happen to mention raw numbers, because mages as of 1.2.4 (and before as well) dealt the highest DPS and melee had the greatest surviveability. So Rangers are put in that spot of being the jack of all trades, while lacking a dedicated healing mechanism. Also raw numbers are simply what they are; raw numbers don't take gameplay-dynamics into account. If I would choose, at the beginning of a run, what I would want to do, I had to make a decision between DPS or tankyness. Following the principle of raw numbers, the choice would be mage or melee. There is no salt to be found here, since we're talking numbers right? I can understand that there is no need for bow that puts all other weapons to shame without any significant drawback, but I can also understand that someone, waiting for his beloved end-game-shredding-bow, gets frustrated when he is given his dream weapon only to see it being taken away a day or two later.

so how rare is the martian probe supposed to be now? I have been actively looking for one since the patch hit - looking in the outer 3rd of the map, sky island, with a water candle out. nothing, not even one. am I doing something wrong, or did these things do a complete 180 and go from a common sight to vanishingly rare?

I'm back from sleep. And to just start another conversation... uh...

I think the snowman cannon is better than lunar flare at killing destroyer.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436541757,1436541634][/DOUBLEPOST]
so how rare is the martian probe supposed to be now? I have been actively looking for one since the patch hit - looking in the outer 3rd of the map, sky island, with a water candle out. nothing, not even one. am I doing something wrong, or did these things do a complete 180 and go from a common sight to vanishingly rare?
They most likely have a detector of business that makes sure they appear on the worst times possible.

I got it mid Moon Lord fight once. Luckily, i killed it :D

BTW, I think should each have their own Event Counter so we know how long we have to go before the shield drops. Especially if the Pillar happens to be off-screen more often then not. This could be due to simply where it spawns versus the best location to fight the mobs.
Figuring it out is easy, every time you kill a mob it sends a beam like how you would heal to the pillar, to take away the shield. When it stops sending then you know it the shield is down. But I have to agree that an event counter would be really nice.

Figuring it out is easy, every time you kill a mob it sends a beam like how you would heal to the pillar, to take away the shield. When it stops sending then you know it the shield is down. But I have to agree that an event counter would be really nice.
Agreed.

I'm back from sleep. And to just start another conversation... uh...

I think the snowman cannon is better than lunar flare at killing destroyer.

At this point in the game, well placed shots outta the rainbow gun obliterate the destroyer in no time, so does the paladin's hammer...

At this point in the game, well placed shots outta the rainbow gun obliterate the destroyer in no time, so does the paladin's hammer...
They're good candidates but with people that kill him with SMC and LF in 0.1 or 0.2 seconds for world records, it's mainly these 2.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436542411,1436542070][/DOUBLEPOST]It's sad to see many people who were pros at the game be worse now. I don't know how to fix this for myself. Maybe i'll try Plantera third night again...

So i just had my first fight with moonlord playing mage set up on expert. This fight is impossible, i died in 3 seconds. And i wasnt even unprepared! i had all the possible buffs i could get. Spectre armor, Sorcer emblem, Celestial Emblem, Avenger Emblem, Destroyer Emblem, Celestial Moonshell and Mana flower, all menacing, It was night too, so i had bonus armor and hp regen from werewolf transformation, + i used honey for extra hp regen. Any tips or i should wait for TEdit to update so i can turn off Expert?

So i just had my first fight with moonlord playing mage set up on expert. This fight is impossible, i died in 3 seconds. And i wasnt even unprepared! i had all the possible buffs i could get. Spectre armor, Sorcer emblem, Celestial Emblem, Avenger Emblem, Destroyer Emblem, Celestial Moonshell and Mana flower, all menacing, It was night too, so i had bonus armor and hp regen from werewolf transformation, + i used honey for extra hp regen. Any tips or i should wait for TEdit to update so i can turn off Expert?
Step 1. 1 block roof above your head.
Step 2. Grapple to a dungeon spike right below you.
Step 3. Put honey, heart lanterns and campfires.
Step 5. Replace 1 of your accessories with a charm of myths
Step 6. Notice that i skipped Step 4.
Step 7. Attack him this way.
Step 8. Profit.

Step 8. Profit.
I will try this, but wasn't this technique nerfed somehow? Most other people use the slime way.

Step 8. Profit.
MIght work i guess, gotta try once i fight again this stupid Lunar Event. Honestly Solar Pillar on expert is insanely hard for mage. I didnt die on any other pillar, but got killed around 10 times on Solar
[DOUBLEPOST=1436543001,1436542942][/DOUBLEPOST]
I will try this, but wasn't this technique nerfed somehow? Most other people use the slime way.
Slime wont work for anyone else than summoner, since i'm pretty sure you'd kill the slime

MIght work i guess, gotta try once i fight again this stupid Lunar Event. Honestly Solar Pillar on expert is insanely hard for mage. I didnt die on any other pillar, but got killed around 10 times on Solar
Slime wont work for anyone else than summoner, since i'm pretty sure you'd kill the slime
Solar pillar on normal is insanely hard for any class.

Well the farm i told you is the one that looks best. And honestly, if they somehow make it so it doesn't work, that's honestly :red:-ish of them to make the final boss of Terraria practically IMPOSSIBLE, even in normal mode.

Seriously, why is everyone so mad about the moonlord, because a clear cheesing method was removed from the game?

I also wonder why is it so hard to create an arena and deal with him there. Most of his attacks can be avoided that way. Fighting him in the open world really isn't wise to do anyway, so arena seems like the best idea to deal with the guy. He deserves one, too, as he isn't a joke and that's what's great about him.

I'm honestly wondering whether people are just lazy to build arenas or to think of an actual strategy other than sma:red:ba:red:, or what? I have killed him over 30 times so far and have no issues doing it with any class, without teleporting to the nurse. Terraria offers you to use the terrain, so why not doing it like that? I guess that's it just easier to cry how he's hard so that he gets nerfed...

*sigh* I just had to let this out of me, because it really is annoying seeing people state that he's that hard, whilst others beat him regardless of his buffs. If it offended someone, I'm sorry, it wasn't the point of the post.
i fell like 4 times before i killed him...
now i've got fine strategy suiting my playstyle and take him down every time...
i use mirror to get back to my arena when i get away too far with him...
it gives a moment of breath before next clash and i never used nurse, never ever...
he still can be killed, just board your spaceship and RUN FOREST, RUN!

Solar pillar on normal is insanely hard for any class.
Solar pillar on normal is easy for any class except summoner maybe.
Seriously.
Melee: Stand in 1 place just flinging your Solar Eruption from one side to another, or even Flairon.
Mage or Ranged: Dig a hole below the pillar and then fire a Razorblade Typhoon or Snowman Cannon/gun with chlorophyte bullet up.

i fell like 4 times before i killed him...
now i've got fine strategy suiting my playstyle and take him down every time...
i use mirror to get back to my arena when i get away too far with him...
it gives a moment of breath before next clash and i never used nurse, never ever...
he still can be killed, just board your spaceship and RUN FOREST, RUN!
Well now your strategy doesnt work since you can not use mirror while fighting him

The phantasms nerf was insanely ridiculous. Now the homing arrows that it shoots after hitting a target only do 14 damage on average instead of doing the same amount of damage as the actual damage. Why take away the high DPS? Melee has high defence, mage has healing and buffs, and ranged is supposed to have high damage, but they nerfed its damage so whats the point of the ranged class? Range? The meowmere has just as much range as the bow!

Solar pillar on normal is easy for any class except summoner maybe.
Seriously.
Melee: Stand in 1 place just flinging your Solar Eruption from one side to another, or even Flairon.
Mage or Ranged: Dig a hole below the pillar and then fire a Razorblade Typhoon or Snowman Cannon/gun with chlorophyte bullet up.
That exactly what I do but the strollers always get me.
How big was the phantasms nerf? Can you still kill the final boss easy with it?
Ignore the phantasm nerf and look the vortex beater boost, I have found my new favourite gun, with chlorophyte bullets it is beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom