Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
The phantasms nerf was insanely ridiculous. Now the homing arrows that it shoots after hitting a target only do 14 damage on average instead of doing the same amount of damage as the actual damage. Why take away the high DPS? Melee has high defence, mage has healing and buffs, and ranged is supposed to have high damage, but they nerfed its damage so whats the point of the ranged class? Range? The meowmere has just as much range as the bow!
Mage was made to have even higher damage than ranger. Also, use Tsunami then, it's been buffed for autouse in 1.3.
And look at mages and their best wep: Last Prism. That thing has ridiculously high DPS, but it eats your mana like pac-man on drugs.

Guys, I don't want to complain about nerfs and stuff, but the Tsunami technically outdamages the Phantasm...

Against a Target Dummy with no gear and unreforged bows I was able to get 850 DPS with the Tsunami, Phantasm got about 950, which is fantastic.

Now with the Vortex Armor(stealth mode) and the celestial shell I get the following:
Tsunami 2800 DPS
Phantasm 1500 DPS

Uh... @Redigit we have a problem here ?

Edit, if anyone wonders, the upgraded Vortex Beater does 1200 without and 2100 with the equipment.

Because Cenx and terraria creators ignored comments about Moon Lord being totally overpowered already and nerfed one of few weapons that allowed him to be killed quickly, to make even less fun from game for normal terrarians, and more "challenge" for cash-youtubers like Pedo-penguin, Yrimir etc.

Lol if Tsunami destroys Phantasm now.

Guys, I don't want to complain about nerfs and stuff, but the Tsunami technically outdamages the Phantasm...

Against a Target Dummy with no gear and unreforged bows I was able to get 850 DPS with the Tsunami, Phantasm got about 950, which is fantastic.

Now with the Vortex Armor(stealth mode) and the celestial shell I get the following:
Tsunami 2800 DPS
Phantasm 1500 DPS

Uh... @Redigit we have a problem here ?
1.3.0.3 and prior that wasn't the case, since the homing arrows that dealt super high damage didn't come out against dummies.

But now that the homing arrows do practically nothing, Tsunami is indeed better.

Mage was made to have even higher damage than ranger. Also, use Tsunami then, it's been buffed for autouse in 1.3.
And look at mages and their best wep: Last Prism. That thing has ridiculously high DPS, but it eats your mana like pac-man on drugs.
So what is the use of the ranged class? Also the mana problem is easily fixed with celestial cuffs.

So what is the use of the ranged class? Also the mana problem is easily fixed with celestial cuffs.
Celestial cuffs are great for normal mode invasions, they are pointless for Bosses on expert, since you cant afford to get hit at all, and there isnt anything to drop stars. No matter how much i hate this magic dmg debuff you get from using potions (its stupid and should be removed) Mana flower is sadly better for bosses and expert

1. If you think you can fix it like that, you probably haven't even tried it yet. It has the potential to take 1 mana bar in 1 second if not reforged to Mystic.
2. Have damage, but do it in a different way than mage. Mana =/= Ammo, and they balance this difference pretty good. Also, with the endless quiver and endless musket pouch, that avoid the problem both of them have of having to buy their ammo/mana pots in the first place JUST for rangers, you could even argue that Ranged is becoming MORE OP than mage by now. We don't have an Endless Mana Potion for example. So if you think about it, this series of updates has done more good than bad for the rangers. Plus, as i said, use the Tsunami. It was always on par with the Phantasm, why not use it. It's gonna change few things to your dps. And before you argue again, remember; this update did more good than bad to rangers.

Well I don't use mage for bosses, I use it for invasions and events so using the cuffs for the things like the pillars work really well. I used ranged to kill bosses because of the high single target DPS.

Well I don't use mage for bosses, I use it for invasions and events so using the cuffs for the things like the pillars work really well. I used ranged to kill bosses because of the high single target DPS.
You can STILL KEEP THE DPS, if you; the thing i said 3 times already - just switch over to Tsunami.

1. If you think you can fix it like that, you probably haven't even tried it yet. It has the potential to take 1 mana bar in 1 second if not reforged to Mystic.
2. Have damage, but do it in a different way than mage. Mana =/= Ammo, and they balance this difference pretty good. Also, with the endless quiver and endless musket pouch, that avoid the problem both of them have of having to buy their ammo/mana pots in the first place JUST for rangers, you could even argue that Ranged is becoming MORE OP than mage by now. We don't have an Endless Mana Potion for example. So if you think about it, this series of updates has done more good than bad for the rangers. Plus, as i said, use the Tsunami. It was always on par with the Phantasm, why not use it. It's gonna change few things to your dps. And before you argue again, remember; this update did more good than bad to rangers.
The lunar flare(also a mana eating weapon) combined with the cuffs and spectre hood were my best friend during the lunar invasion.

You can STILL KEEP THE DPS, if you; the thing i said 3 times already - just switch over to Tsunami.
The DPS of the tsunami is still not enough to balance out with the lack of defence, I've already tried it on the moon lord on normal without the nurse, you can't kill it fast enough before its able to kill you

It isn't exactly easy to find a crash that randomly happens for no reason. Any extra details you can provide would be much appreciate. :)

Basically the same thing has been happening to me since the launch of 1.3. With every patch it seems to be more frequent, at the beginning it was after 30 minutes or so but now it usually crashes around 5 minutes. No error messages, screen freezes for a second like it was lag/fps drop and then the game closes. After that, if I open task manager it says that Steam is not responding and then it will shut down Steam completely. If I launch Steam and Terraria again, all my progress has been saved, sometimes if I have mined some ores prior to the crash the ores stay unmined but remain in my inventory aswell.

I have seen many people with a similar problem, usal recommended fixes are turning off cloudsaving/autosave or disabling multicore lighting. NONE have worked for me.

My PC (Desktop) specs :

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20 GHz, 3203 Mhz

Physical Memory : 4 Gb

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce 310

P.S. English is not my first language, there may be mistakes.

Just Yoyo the moon lord :p That's what I do now. No need to cheese. Yoyo is by far the best way to deal with Moon Lord for me. (no need to cheese it either)

The DPS of the tsunami is still not enough to balance out with the lack of defence, I've already tried it on the moon lord on normal without the nurse, you can't kill it fast enough before its able to kill you
Well crying about it isn't gonna solve it. You KNOW the Phantasm was too overpowered, and the Tsunami is the only replacement. Besides, idk what is wrong with you if you're having trouble with the Tsunami and killed him fine with the Phantasm. I didn't see a difference, my friends didn't see a difference, no one i know saw a difference except you. I'm killing ML just as fast with the Tsunami.

Celestial cuffs are great for normal mode invasions, they are pointless for Bosses on expert, since you cant afford to get hit at all, and there isnt anything to drop stars. No matter how much i hate this magic dmg debuff you get from using potions (its stupid and should be removed) Mana flower is sadly better for bosses and expert

You can afford to get hit on expert, the only thing you really gotta dodge is the phantasmal death ray, or the destroyers body. other than that, you can easily afford hits, even at 100 damage taken, when you got proper accessories like the worm scarf and other defensive boosts along with some mobility. Also, you can pretty much simulate the mana flowers auto potion by using those manually.

Also regarding that phantasm nerf: From my point of view the phantasm should out-DPS the Tsunami in most, if not all cases, just for the simple fact, that is a higher Tier bow, as in: The highest Tier bow currently available.

One may argue that the Tsunami is a boss drop, but if we are given a new End-game-tier Bow, why make it worse than already existing bows? Unless you can give some serious reason for doing so, I'll have to agree on the Phantasm being overly nerfed. Period.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what happens if you fill up the dungeon entrance with blocks? Will the cultists still spawn there?

Hey... another update? Cool... looks like a lot of fixes for things I didn't even know were broken... lol :)

I would like to add some suggestions for 1.3.0.5, if I may:

1) Please add an option to let us turn off the auto pickup feature on an item by item basis ( i.e. let me click on an item in inventory like a mushroom or a banner, etc. and select an option to either not pick up that item anymore or to pick it up and move it straight to the garbage pail). It gets really tiresome having to constantly clean stuff out of your inventory (especially things like dirt... that would really be nice to allow me to auto pick it up and send it straight to the garbage can). I no longer keep things like rope, mushrooms, cob webs, banners I already have, ect. Being able to selectively change the pickup options for each item would be heavenly :)

2) I still want a mining helmet option for each type of armor (you craft any helmet and a mining helmet together to get a mining variant that gives off light).

3) Add some kind of an item search feature so when we autosend items from inventory to chests, we can find those items again without having to search every chest. For example, you type in "gold" and all the nearby chests that have "gold" in them get highlighted.

... I guess that is enough for now... great game keeps getting better. I still prefer playing on the XBOX, but the PS4 version is growing on me (got to have that big screen TV and a soft couch to play on)... but the PC version has so much more stuff in it... can't wait for the consoles to catch up. (I own 3 version of Terraria)

Thanks!
~Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom