Pixel Art PineLord's Pixel Art

You shouldn't overdo dithering if you're going to scale your piece by 2x. Dithering gains an adverse effect when you scale it by anything more than 1x. As dithering's purpose is to remove the border between pixel shades, it's too soften the shade so that no pixels are to be visible on the shades. Scaling it twice the size makes the pixels more visible, so I recommend using slight dithering and use less contrasting colors when dithering in 2x.

The Moon Lord's sprite is a great example of this.
Moon_Lord_Head.png

Of course, you notice the dithering used in parts of the piece, but yet, their low contrasting and very subtle, only slight dithering is used. You might've done so to give the piece a feeling of fabric, you could do that way more effectively by using pixel clusters to emphasize the normals of the fabric.
So basically dither less if I'm going to scale it by 2x? Got it.

Rather than say why I'm making an expansion for spider nests I'll just make a request.

I would like the key and chest for spider biome chests. I haven't decided on what the weapon would be yet.

Rather than say why I'm making an expansion for spider nests I'll just make a request.

I would like the key and chest for spider biome chests. I haven't decided on what the weapon would be yet.
Are keymolds not a thing anymore? During an eclipse an enemy dropped an ice key instead of a key mold and I'm rather curious. I'll get it done.

I wish my artwork was half this good... the best I can do is something like this:
Discharge.png
The pixels are incorrectly sized (I think) on this one, but that's just because I only had a file from before I enlarged it.

I wish my artwork was half this good... the best I can do is something like this:
View attachment 62837 The pixels are incorrectly sized (I think) on this one, but that's just because I only had a file from before I enlarged it.
Sadly I'm a terrible critic and have no idea how I could help you. I guess the best I can say is that practice makes perfect, you'll eventually get the hang of it.

Because they're asking for a sprite improvement.

Thank you, I still have no idea what to put in but I'll burn tjat bridge when I get to it. You have no idea how ridiculous of an idea I am holding back.
I have an idea. Know how they added throwing weapons that do throwing damage? How about throwing spiders like snarks in half life? Except they don't kill you after they've run out of things to kill.

I have an idea. Know how they added throwing weapons that do throwing damage? How about throwing spiders like snarks in half life? Except they don't kill you after they've run out of things to kill.
Actually throwing weapons are why I started this project. I fear that people will be successful in changing vampire knives and the scourge of the corruptor away from melee. You have a good idea but I need a weapon that will not be taken away from melee.

Actually throwing weapons are why I started this project. I fear that people will be successful in changing vampire knives and the scourge of the corruptor away from melee. You have a good idea but I need a weapon that will not be taken away from melee.
Well, do what you like. Personally I've never found any of the biome weapons that useful to me, with the exception of the Scourge for my melee character. Though now that I 've made solar weapons from the pillar, I think even that is outclassed now. Daybreak and solar eruption is amazing.

Well, do what you like. Personally I've never found any of the biome weapons that useful to me, with the exception of the Scourge for my melee character. Though now that I 've made solar weapons from the pillar, I think even that is outclassed now. Daybreak and solar eruption is amazing.
I do like spears. My idea was a spear that was slow as hell but when you clicked rapidly illusory arms will appear with another spear allowing you to have 6 spears out. Of course your two real arms would appear first.

However I'm leaning towards my original idea, a broadsword type weapon that would allow you to jump a large distance to attack enemies with 2 attacks.

However I am terrible at naming things.

I do like spears. My idea was a spear that was slow as hell but when you clicked rapidly illusory arms will appear with another spear allowing you to have 6 spears out. Of course your two real arms would appear first.

However I'm leaning towards my original idea, a broadsword type weapon that would allow you to jump a large distance to attack enemies with 2 attacks.

However I am terrible at naming things.
Well, we could talk about this in conversation. I feel like we're leaning off topic here. This is a pixel art thread after all.

Back
Top Bottom