PC Constant Crashing

Chrisible

Terrarian
My Terraria client has been continually crashing for the past two days, ever since 1.3.0.3 was released. I played the previous versions fine, but with 1.3.0.3 I can only play Terraria for about 5-10 minutes before the client crashes with no error message. I have tried deleting Terraria and reinstalling, playing in multiplayer, singleplayer, with different characters, have restarted my computer a few times, but I just can't figure out why it is happening. If anyone has any idea of how to fix this, it would be much appreciated. Also, none of my characters/worlds are synced to the cloud and when Terraria crashes, Steam does not crash with it, as I've seen other people have been having problems with.

Computer Specs

.NET Framework Problems
*Always make sure your gaming is not running, while you are doing this*
1. Close the game, deinstall XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 and restart the game. If that won't work do step 2.
2. Go to "*Drive*:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria"
3. There are a few setups.
4. Run xnafx40_redist.
5. Run a dotNET Setup (depending whether you got 32- or 64-bit)
6. If that won't work do the next step.
7. Download the latest .NET Framework (4.5.2) IF WINDOWS XP SKIP THIS STEP
8. If that won't work reinstall Terraria.

How do I reinstall Terraria?
1. Deinstall Terraria on Steam, close Steam.
2. Go to "*Drive*:\Steam\steamapps\common" and delete the Terraria folder, if there is one.
3. Search with the explorer for remaining Terraria files, delete them.
4. Delete any files, which are interlinked with older Terraria versions, those might cause problems.
5. That includes deleting the files in "C:\Users\home\Documents\My Games\Terraria"
4. Restart your PC
5. Reinstall Terraria on Steam.

Also try to start your game in compatiblity mode

Also try this:
General problems - Multiplayer problems + Game crashes on startup?
1. Turn the firewall off.
2. Try running the game in compatability mode. Go to "*Drive*:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria" right click choose properties. Then open the compatibility tab and change the settings.
3. Start the game.

im getting this problem to, you can see the crashing in my 1.3 playthrough on my youtube channel and it takes about 40 minutes to crash without a report and freezes steam.

Back
Top Bottom