Other Better Heart Lanterns

Cotab

Terrarian
Sometimes when I am fighting a boss a regeneration potion (or ironskin) just doesn't last long enough, so I turn to heart lamps and campfires. Other times I have so many heart crystals that lanterns are the best option. But what if the lanterns where more than just a small boost? Here are a few upgrade ideas for heart lanterns! I am not going to try and make up recipes because I am terrible at them ;).
Honey Lantern - Increases life regeneration speed.
Philosophers Lantern - Decreases potion sickness cooldown time and increases life regeneration.
Mythical Lantern - Increases regeneration by a very large amount.
Hive Lantern - Increases life regeneration and releases bees when the player is damaged.
Panic Lantern - Increases movement speed and life regeneration.
Frozen Lantern - Increases Players defense and life regeneration.
Cross Lantern - Increases invincibility after being damaged and increases life regeneration.

Thanks for checking this out! Feedback is appreciated! :)

Actually, this is a really good idea. Only points of criticism, elaboration shouldn't be ignored but rather encouraged and good thread formatting is a must!

while i am a huge fan of stuff like this, looking at how it will impact game play, this might actually become gamebreaking. my thoughts are that maybe they could all boost a fraction of 1hp per second, and if ALL lanterns are present, maybe....boost total lantern/campfire regen to around 6 or 7hp per second.

either that, or have a special buff differential wherein entering the buff zone, one of the additional buffs at random will be applied, but not all of them stacked in addition, OR just permit 1 additional "special" lantern in the same zone and have the other lanterns cancel themselves out from placement until you are far enough out of range for the zones to overlap.

with that said, i will admit your ideas are actually really cool and would allow for even further customization of tactics with handling specific regen needs. if these were to get added, i'd probably use the frozen lantern or the hive lantern the most :)

Heart Lanterns and Campfires currentlyp provide +5 hp/second each. Anything more would be OP, I think.
Well the only lantern that would increase the regeneration would be the honey lantern, all the rest would be the same as the original but with a few bonus buffs, increasing them all would be a bad idea I think. Also I just thought of this, heart lanterns regeneration effect will not stack with this (at least I don't think it should) as that would make the regeneration rate insanely high.

Considering the double bonus is already quite strong, seven more lanterns, including further regerating ones, defense buffing ones and some other perks, it would become nearly imossible to die during a boss fight.
Maybe only 1 buff at the time?

So since Journeys End is coming out soon, I think this may be worth adding, or implementing in Calamity

i like the honey one,maybe it could be campfire+heart lantern+honey bottle to make crispy honey lantern which gives off 15hp per sec

i like the honey one,maybe it could be campfire+heart lantern+honey bottle to make crispy honey lantern which gives off 15hp per sec
That is incredibly overpowered and is more regen than the valhalla knight breastplate and squire's great helm combined, not to mention it could stack with those for 27hp/sec, and it could also stack with accessories and potions, making it reach about 60 hp/sec. That is over two gold hearts every single second without a single penalty... You could literally facetank duke fishron at that point.

That is incredibly overpowered and is more regen than the valhalla knight breastplate and squire's great helm combined, not to mention it could stack with those for 27hp/sec, and it could also stack with accessories and potions, making it reach about 60 hp/sec. That is over two gold hearts every single second without a single penalty... You could literally facetank duke fishron at that point.
well just honey lanterns,ok:dryadrolleyes:

It's a straight +5 hp/second bonus. You can stack it with the Camp Fire to get +10 hp/second.
Notes[edit | edit source]
  • The Heart Lantern is a viable light source for NPC housing, despite its low light level.
  • The healing effect is uniform for all tiles within its range, and is unaffected by distance or "obstructive" blocks and walls.
  • NPCs are unaffected by the healing effect.
  • It gives a 1 HP/s healing rate.
  • Desktop Version
    Console Version
    Mobile Version
    A Campfire does not count as a light source for NPC housing.
  • Within its range, the regeneration bonus is unaffected by distance or "obstructive" blocks and walls.
  • It gives a 0.5 HP/s healing rate as well as a 1.1x base healing rate.
  • A similar health regeneration boost can be achieved with Heart Lanterns.
    • The Heart Lantern effect stacks with the Campfire effect. This gives a total of 1.5 HP/s plus a 1.1x base healing rate.

Hm, this idea could work if you could place an item inside of it to get the effects instead of just crafting a new item; that would get rid of the stacking problem.
Not sure if I wanna be putting "Can be placed in a Heart Lantern" in every applicable item's description, though. Maybe the Heart Lantern could just use any Damage Retaliation accessory (save for a few exceptions).

• The Heart Lantern is a viable light source for NPC housing, despite its low light level.
  • The healing effect is uniform for all tiles within its range, and is unaffected by distance or "obstructive" blocks and walls.
  • It gives a 1 HP/s healing rate.
  • Desktop Version
    Console Version
    Mobile Version
    A Campfire does not count as a light source for NPC housing.
  • Within its range, the regeneration bonus is unaffected by distance or "obstructive" blocks and walls.
  • It gives a 0.5 HP/s healing rate as well as a 1.1x base healing rate.
  • A similar health regeneration boost can be achieved with Heart Lanterns.
    • The Heart Lantern effect stacks with the Campfire effect. This gives a total of 1.5 HP/s plus a 1.1x base healing rate.
You could've, y'know, just copied that very last line, but yeah, I guess you can take everything the sign's nailed to as well.

Back
Top Bottom