Beating Duke Fishron with bows

Mightytology

Terrarian
I've started a new character mainly just using bows and I came to think how I would be able to beat duke fishron,im not sure what bow or tactic I would use to beat him so help is appreciated,thx!

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm nowhere near ready to fight Duke Fishron, so naturally advice is bad: Embarrass him to death using one or more Giant Bows.

Just about anyone else who replies will have better advice than mine, which means it's all uphill from here! :dryadhappy: Hope you're able to defeat him.

I'm pretty sure he's not immune to the Shadowflame debuff, so use a Shadowflame bow and add Venom Arrows for extra damage. Or, alternatively, if you're not opposed to using Repeaters, maybe the Chlorophyte Shotbow with Ichor Arrows.

Tactics? ...uh... dodge?

Thx for the replies guys,what I meant by tactics is for example make a box and use the pulse bow,the storm bow would be hard to use since fish don is way too fast,so I'll prob jut end up using repeaters

Well dodging the duke isn't too difficult (Use a grav pot) get a magic quiver or archery potion makes hitting him increadibly easy then all thats left is to dodge him, I personally find fighting enraged EASIER if you have a hoverboard as you can bait him into charging repeatedy.

Create a huge box and use gravitation potions. Change the gravity to dodge his attacks and spam him with a Chlorophyte Shotbow + Ichor Arrows or a Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows. Get ranger gear, stuff increasing damage and potions like an Archery Potion, Wrath/Rage Potion.

The Shotbow is the best choice here I think. With Ichor arrows, it has comparable DPS to the Megashark.

Stormbow is meh. I don't know why people recommend it for absolutely everything when it only shines in potential against slow bosses and the Destroyer. The Shotbow is highly underrated and far simpler to use.

I also highly recommend getting the Magic Quiver, if you don't have one. Paired with the Archery potion, the arrows are shot at an insane velocity.

Get Chlorophyte Shotbow, kill Lunatic Cultist with it, defeat Vortex Pillar, craft Phantasm.
Problem solved.

(Alternatively, if you are using a lesser bow, switch to Tsunami when Duke drops one.)

Marrow, Ice Bow, Shadowflame Bow, Pulse Bow, Hallowed Repeater, Chlorophyte Shotbow, Stake Launcher...
Choices are plenty.
Tactics: There are plenty of topics about this around and I shared my tactic several times already as well. Not looking forward to typing it out again. Do a search.

What Flak said, grab yourself a Shotbow and some Icor Arrows. I'm not sure if cursed flames are effective on duke or not...

I heard that Asphalt track on the surface of ocean helps you out run Duke when he's charging.
Holy Arrows with Chlorophyte Shotbow works wonders.

Back
Top Bottom