tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I select in the installer the content folder? If I do in the installer it shows an error and cant install
[DOUBLEPOST=1439397369,1439397273][/DOUBLEPOST]It only says "The selected directory is not the right terraria directory". Do I edit it in the game launcher?
Why don't you give me a picture of the folder tAPI is in? It would help a ton.

tAPI installer.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1439397776,1439397729][/DOUBLEPOST]
[DOUBLEPOST=1439397797][/DOUBLEPOST]
upload_2015-8-12_17-43-7.png

So I select in the installer the content folder? If I do in the installer it shows an error and cant install
[DOUBLEPOST=1439397369,1439397273][/DOUBLEPOST]It only says "The selected directory is not the right terraria directory". Do I edit it in the game launcher?
Your problem is probably that Game Launcher hasn't been updated to Terraria 1.3, and won't recognise 1.3's .exe file. You'll just have to get by without Game Launcher.

I'd recommend that you also try tModLoader. It's not finished, but it is for 1.3 and is being updated, unlike tAPI.

Omnir said I might have better luck on this thread. Anyone can identify and fix the problem please let me know.

>>> Singleplayer: 01:09:15 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: OmnirsNosPak.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1447
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 59
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 276
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
at TAPI.Mod.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 107
at TAPI.Mods.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 539
at Mods.Load()

Mods used:
ThoriumMod (Thorium Mod null by DivermanSam)
Tremor (Tremor Mod 1.2 by Bogdan3456, Zadum4ivii, Slavdey, Wilson P., The Mystery Chest, Naikoraptor, Rostos16)
LolHens (Elemental Boots 1.7 by LolHens)
CrimsonDemoniteMod (Crimson Demonite Mod null by Omari)
BaseMod (Grox The Great's BaseMod 1.0.5 by Grox The Great)
OmnirsNosPak (Omnirs Nostalgia Pack 1.0.4.3 by Omnir)

Help!!! I can't get tAPI to work. I run it and it plays a sound like it runs but never opens.
AFAIK, this is usually because you have 1.3 installed, you need a copy of the 1.2.4 content files in order to use tAPI, because they changed the names of some files. Seems you might of fixed this though.

Omnir said I might have better luck on this thread. Anyone can identify and fix the problem please let me know.

>>> Singleplayer: 01:09:15 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: OmnirsNosPak.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1447
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 59
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 276
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
at TAPI.Mod.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 107
at TAPI.Mods.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 539
at Mods.Load()

Mods used:
ThoriumMod (Thorium Mod null by DivermanSam)
Tremor (Tremor Mod 1.2 by Bogdan3456, Zadum4ivii, Slavdey, Wilson P., The Mystery Chest, Naikoraptor, Rostos16)
LolHens (Elemental Boots 1.7 by LolHens)
CrimsonDemoniteMod (Crimson Demonite Mod null by Omari)
BaseMod (Grox The Great's BaseMod 1.0.5 by Grox The Great)
OmnirsNosPak (Omnirs Nostalgia Pack 1.0.4.3 by Omnir)
I'm going to assuming the mods (some or all) were made for r15 or earlier. They have to be rebuilt for r16. You can do this yourself by opening up the .tapi files with an archive manager, extracting the folder in there to Mods/Sources. Then run the mod builder and build them. You're probably going to need to do BaseMod first, assuming one of those is using it.

I'm going to assuming the mods (some or all) were made for r15 or earlier. They have to be rebuilt for r16. You can do this yourself by opening up the .tapi files with an archive manager, extracting the folder in there to Mods/Sources. Then run the mod builder and build them. You're probably going to need to do BaseMod first, assuming one of those is using it.

I'm dumb and don't know how to do that. I don't even know how to get to the .tapi files. I only find PNG JSON and cs files D: I really want to try but I need some help. Is there an easy way to explain how to do that?

I'm dumb and don't know how to do that. I don't even know how to get to the .tapi files. I only find PNG JSON and cs files D: I really want to try but I need some help. Is there an easy way to explain how to do that?
All the terraria files are in My Documents -> My Games -> Terraria, mod stuff is in the tAPI folder.

There's buttons that open the mods folder and the mod builder in the mods page of the main menu, assuming you can get it to that point.

All the terraria files are in My Documents -> My Games -> Terraria, mod stuff is in the tAPI folder.

There's buttons that open the mods folder and the mod builder in the mods page of the main menu, assuming you can get it to that point.

I'm sorry I wasted your time, but I'm too stupid, just like teaching a baby. I'm just a simple girl who wants to know how to work these mods T_T I got to here and now I'm lost ._. https://gyazo.com/33ceb49371623925b6d31bbeb6ab8f68

Last edited:
I'm sorry I wasted your time, but I'm too stupid, just like teaching a baby. I'm just a simple girl who wants to know how to work these mods T_T I got to here and now I'm lost ._. https://gyazo.com/33ceb49371623925b6d31bbeb6ab8f68
Another way to open the .tapi files is to rename them to .zip. Then you can copy the folder inside the Mods/Sources

If they don't have .tapi after their names, inside the Mods/Local folder, then you'll have to show them. Inside the directory, hit "Alt + T", and then click on Folder Options. In that window, hit "View", then scroll down until you see "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck it. Then hit apply and okay :dryadsmile:

But ya. Once you change .tapi into .zip, you can open the mods like a normal zip file. The folder you need is inside, it should be the only folder. Copy that "My Documents -> My Games -> Terraria -> tAPI -> Mods -> Sources" (if Sources doesnt exist, make it) and the next time you run the builder the mods should show up. Then you just have to build them. Remember, BaseMod first. Hopefully you don't get any errors x.x

Another way to open the .tapi files is to rename them to .zip. Then you can copy the folder inside the Mods/Sources

If they don't have .tapi after their names, inside the Mods/Local folder, then you'll have to show them. Inside the directory, hit "Alt + T", and then click on Folder Options. In that window, hit "View", then scroll down until you see "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck it. Then hit apply and okay :dryadsmile:

But ya. Once you change .tapi into .zip, you can open the mods like a normal zip file. The folder you need is inside, it should be the only folder. Copy that "My Documents -> My Games -> Terraria -> tAPI -> Mods -> Sources" (if Sources doesnt exist, make it) and the next time you run the builder the mods should show up. Then you just have to build them. Remember, BaseMod first. Hopefully you don't get any errors x.x

OMG I love you right now. Thanks for being so patient and nice with me. Some other Terrarians chewed me out for not knowing things. I love how you keep going in depth until I actually understand it and I hope this helps any other clueless people like me :3

OMG I love you right now. Thanks for being so patient and nice with me. Some other Terrarians chewed me out for not knowing things. I love how you keep going in depth until I actually understand it and I hope this helps any other clueless people like me :3
That's because she's grown woman, not 14 years old boy like 99% of this forum.

Sorry MiraiMai, no kill me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom