Standalone Terraria Industrial Revolution

Seems this thread has taken over as the dump for everything. If you have a problem you'd like to get help on you can PM me, but on public record is fine for me too.

Works for me, I've run into this issue a few times, blocks placed will become unbreakable even with the right tool. To fix this I generally have to place an identical block above or to the side to break it. The tool will swing at it but you won't see any particles like normal, seems to happen on every type of block including walls.

We have come across that issue before too. Seems other players can break your block but not you. Which makes no sense. The whole block break mechanic has been moved to the server. Clients actually don't break tiles anymore. They just tell the server what block and what tool they are using. The server looks everything up and applies the damage/break.

I need to get in gear and make a FAQ page. People aren't going to search this thread for answers. I am taking note of these errors being reported here. Mostly everything reported here are known bugs so far.

It's nearing the end of the alpha test run. I'm a bit let down about responses. The mod was downloaded one hundred and some times yet very few posts here. Thus far two fairly game breaking bugs were found along with several minor (and mostly already known about bugs).

-Someone used a custom map that tripped up the world type assignment code which ended up not assigning a world type. Since there is no world type zero opening the Starmap will crash the game as it thinks there is a missing texture.
-There's also the issue of T-IR no longer being able to launch vanilla Terraria (normal Terraria just crashes). The new v1.3+ of Terraria launches much differently than all of the previous Terraria generations. Mostly this is because of the enhanced Steam integration. I'll have to bounce around the new code and look for a solution.

Please help, GOG version 1.2.4.1.
System.DLLNotFoundException: Could not load DLL
CSTeamworks: Not found this procedure. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
CSteamworks.dll is part of the steam interface software that T-IR uses and as of v1.3 that vanilla Terraria uses. If that file is missing both T-IR and vanilla (normal) Terraria will probably crash. Verifying your Terraria files through the steam application should fix any issues with vanilla Terraria. You will probably have to reinstall T-IR to get it (T-IR) working again.

On this note, I believe I have solved the launching problems with v1.3. Oddly enough it was the inclusion of a DLL that T-IR uses that causes vanilla Terraria to crash. Vanilla Terraria must actually try to use it. I'm assuming it's finding the DLL in a more central library location, but checks the local directory first. This has caused me to have to do some rearranging of T-IR files and directory structure. I think this is, in fact, a better overall solution anyways as it even further isolates T-IR from vanilla Terraria. The other major bug mentioned above is an easy fix as well though I haven't decided exactly which way I want to do it yet. So good news all around here.

To bring the rambles to a close, everything seems mostly set to begin adding some real content so that you guys have something worth playing in the coming months. We'll start to open up the new areas/biomes as content is produced for these areas.

Last edited:
We've been putting a little effort into creating an FAQ and some wiki like info. So I think that will help you. In the mean time, keep in mind the idea behind the entire compounds system. The idea was to make T-IR have content that not only goes beyond where vanilla Terraria's content stops, but to enhance and live along side the Terraria content from the start. That's where the compounds idea spawned from. So in short for the most part all of the compounds are made from the existing ores. There is one compound for each tier. By combining an ore with it's same tier alternate ore using the required "catalyst material" you'll create a compound.

Copper + Tin + xxx = bronze
Iron + Lead + xxx = steel
Silver + Tungsten + xxx = Quicksilver
Gold + Platinum + xxx = Whitegold
etc

Use the guide to determine what materials are needed. There were true alchemy recipes added that use the Alchemy Lab to convert an ore into it's alternate ore using energy cells: copper + energy = tin, tin + energy = copper, iron + energy = lead, etc. Keep in mind this is the ore items we're talking about not the bar items. Once turned into bars they cannot be converted into their alts.

Last edited:
When this wonderful mod will be ported to Terraria 1.3?

Never. Because:

I have no plans to update it to 1.3. Sorry. I've already rebuilt this mod 3 times over the years. I'm unlikely to do it again. This shall mark the fork in the road(code) for T-IR. I have programmed this version differently than the last two though, so I can add in new things from the original Terraria. We've been talking about adding in the 1.3 items and tiles. I may go as far as adding in the new AIs and worldgen stuff too, but a complete upgrade just isn't going to happen most likely. I suppose that is the one draw back to having the power to do anything with a source mod vs the limitation of an API mod. You are limited to... well the source... and this source is v1.2.4.1.

This is a reason lots of us won't play this mod. 1.3 just have too many awesome features.

I see no reason you can't have both. T-IR is completely isolated from Terraria now. You can literally run both at the same time and multiple instances of each at the same time. I think Terraria v1.3 has some awesome features, but so does T-IR. I see no reason not to enjoy both.

You have my support. I especially like the idea of map core with this giant lava pool under it... It's so awesome that I cannot find words to describe it. Also, these mineral clusters near core look interesting.

Thank you. I'll take all the support I can get.

About those ore geodes and the larger liquid-core geodes: a lot of content work is going on now. Those geodes are finally getting their content. New ores!!

Last edited:
Just a quick question from pure curiosity: WIll these ores have "normal" use - eg. making new weapons, tools and armor, or rather some special use in uncommon recipes? I'm not demanding anything, but for me materials such rare as these should be used in making something really weird.

I laugh a little to myself when I read "materials such rare as these should be used in making something really". I recall a discussion quite like that with my partner Joel. If you've followed this thread recently you read about the compounds and that they are combination of ores. We were fleshing out some progression things and the idea that one of more of these ores were combined with other ores from the upper layers of the game (sky/space). I was like these ores are buried in magma and hard enemies. We can't just combine those with these other easier to get ores come on.

Thing is yeah you're right. These ores are in a hostile environment and should make for some fun acquiring them. I can't give all the details yet, but the middle earth ore contained in the little ore geodes will probably be a traditional ore with tools, weapons, and armor. Don't get too excited yet, but we're talking about adding all of the new items and tiles from v1.3 into T-IR. If we do don't expect all of them to be attainable as I likely won't be programming in the code used to render certain tiles and the code used in special mechanics like the bubble tiles that hold liquids. At any rate, we've thought about the four "lunar fragment ores" and how we can perhaps include them so that the majority of the items they produce can be attainable.

Keep in mind that the unique materials will be the compounds. The compounds will be what the really cool things are created from. These new ores will play a part in making those compounds.

Back
Top Bottom