tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i have made an custom sword for me but tapi won´t start up.. :/

I have an errorlog:

>>> Singleplayer: 21:09:32 <<<
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\CraftButton". File not found.
at ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
at ContentManager.ReadAsset(String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at ContentManager.Load(String assetName)
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()
at Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Program.Main(String[] args)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\CraftButton.xnb". File not found.
at TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)

Mods used:

>>> Singleplayer: 21:09:47 <<<
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\CraftButton". File not found.
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\CraftButton.xnb". File not found.

Mods used:

>>> Singleplayer: 21:14:19 <<<
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()

Mods used:

>>> Singleplayer: 21:16:57 <<<
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()

Mods used:

>>> Singleplayer: 21:18:10 <<<
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()

Mods used:

>>> Singleplayer: 21:20:11 <<<
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()

Mods used:

Another way to open the .tapi files is to rename them to .zip. Then you can copy the folder inside the Mods/Sources

If they don't have .tapi after their names, inside the Mods/Local folder, then you'll have to show them. Inside the directory, hit "Alt + T", and then click on Folder Options. In that window, hit "View", then scroll down until you see "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck it. Then hit apply and okay :dryadsmile:

But ya. Once you change .tapi into .zip, you can open the mods like a normal zip file. The folder you need is inside, it should be the only folder. Copy that "My Documents -> My Games -> Terraria -> tAPI -> Mods -> Sources" (if Sources doesnt exist, make it) and the next time you run the builder the mods should show up. Then you just have to build them. Remember, BaseMod first. Hopefully you don't get any errors x.x

Where is the mod after you build it? And can you build it so that it downgrades to a older version of tAPI?

Where is the mod after you build it? And can you build it so that it downgrades to a older version of tAPI?
It should go back into the Mods/Local folder, so you probably have both .tapi and .zip now (zip is old, tapi is new)
You can try to build mods for older versions, but that isnt guaranteed to work (and honestly, the newest should have the least bugs)

Hmmm How To Get Back Terraria 1.2.4.1 To Run tAPI I Dont Know
You just need the content files, not the actual version.

What do I do if the thing has an error while building the mod? Am I just screwed?
Try asking the author for help, aside from that possibly. It might mean that something major changed in tAPI between the versions that mod uses and the one you're using, that has to be fixed in the mod.

I can help you if a Moderator says I can post a link to terraria files.
I admit to not being fully aware of what the situation is here.

In general, we don't permit the posting of Terraria game assets (images, code, .exe's, etc.) - all such things are available to people who purchased the game, and they should be able to obtain them through downloading the game from Steam/GOG/Humble. If people have to ask for files, that tends to make us (staff) think that the persons did not purchase the game legitimately, and we aren't going to support or allow that.

If there are certain files that are missing from tAPI that are required to make tAPI run now, then maybe an arrangement could be made with @Yoraiz0r or @Shockah to include those in the latest (last) tAPI distribution.

Posting links to cracked or 'alternative' Terraria versions will not be permitted at all, and may carry severe penalties for doing so (including length/permanent forum bans).

I admit to not being fully aware of what the situation is here.

In general, we don't permit the posting of Terraria game assets (images, code, .exe's, etc.) - all such things are available to people who purchased the game, and they should be able to obtain them through downloading the game from Steam/GOG/Humble. If people have to ask for files, that tends to make us (staff) think that the persons did not purchase the game legitimately, and we aren't going to support or allow that.

If there are certain files that are missing from tAPI that are required to make tAPI run now, then maybe an arrangement could be made with @Yoraiz0r or @Shockah to include those in the latest (last) tAPI distribution.

Posting links to cracked or 'alternative' Terraria versions will not be permitted at all, and may carry severe penalties for doing so (including length/permanent forum bans).

Thanks for answering.

I can't launch tAPI. I have this error log:

>>> Singleplayer: 16:33:40 <<<
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()

Mods used:

Help me please.
I see,that tAPI can't find CraftButton.xnb file,but i installed steam version of game and tAPI few minutes ago.
And sorry for my bad English.

I can't launch tAPI. I have this error log:

>>> Singleplayer: 16:33:40 <<<
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()

Mods used:

Help me please.
I see,that tAPI can't find CraftButton.xnb file,but i installed steam version of game and tAPI few minutes ago.
And sorry for my bad English.
Do you have 1.2.4 installed?

It doesn't work on 1.3.

How i can get 1.2 after 1.3 update ? I don't want to install pirate copy of game.
You kinda can't at the moment. Game Launcher isn't up to date therefore you can't really do that.

Sorry, but you gotta wait.
Use tModLoader instead, that has 1.3 support. tAPI won't be updated anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom