tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Relogic promised us a modding API for 1.3.1, but we need modding now.
When did they promise this? The last time that I checked, the only thing confirmed for the 1.3.1 patch was a variety of wiring updates. :dryadwhat: I mean, if this is indeed the case: one, that sounds amazing and, two, could you please link me a source here? :dryadsmile:

When did they promise this? The last time that I checked, the only thing confirmed for the 1.3.1 patch was a variety of wiring updates. :dryadwhat: I mean, if this is indeed the case: one, that sounds amazing and, two, could you please link me a source here? :dryadsmile:
They never actually promised that. There was just like one interview where Red said that they were considering a modding API, then suddenly everyone's like "we're going to get an official modding API super soon!!!" while ignoring other things Red said in the same interview, such as updates being more frequent and a modding API being ideal as a final update.

They never actually promised that. There was just like one interview where Red said that they were considering a modding API, then suddenly everyone's like "we're going to get an official modding API super soon!!!" while ignoring other things Red said in the same interview, such as updates being more frequent and a modding API being ideal as a final update.
Ah, I see. That's pretty much what I had figured. :dryadgrin: Thanks for clearing that up, good sir. :dryadhappy: I've not been keeping super up-to-date lately with random community news, so I had no idea where this notion had come from, lol.

Actually I didn't read that interview, I read from Cenx said that they'd like to include the mod API in the next update. It was slightly after the release of 1.3 and I hope they meant it. Just sayin'.

"They'd like to" - you got your answer. lol
I doubt a minor (1.3.X) update would add such a enormous thing. It's just not happening. A modding API is code-wise on the same scale as a content update like 1.3. If you ever hear of 1.4 happening... That would be a different story really.

maybe.
no actual indication of that though. don't read too much into it. all it means is that tapi is dead now. but theres tmodloader and prisim coming eventually at least
Well I am just being very optimistic. People who were working on tAPI and other mods around the forums are now official devs for Terraria, and development on tAPI has stopped. If there wasn't going to be mod support in a future update, why wouldn't they simply hand over the project to other people who were willing to update it for 1.3?

Again just being optimistic, but that's what I'm hoping for.

>>> Singleplayer: 11:27:19 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Bluemagic.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1447
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 59
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 276
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
at TAPI.Mod.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 107
at TAPI.Mods.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 539
at Mods.Load()

And

>>> Singleplayer: 11:41:33 <<<
LitJson.JsonException: Invalid token ':' in input string
at JsonReader.Read()
at JsonMapper.ReadValue(WrapperFactory factory, JsonReader reader)
at JsonMapper.ToObject(String json)
at Mods.RefreshModList(Boolean dependencies = False)
at Main.<UpdateReal>b__8()
at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at JsonReader.Read()

Mods used:
Bluemagic (Bluemagic's Mod - Elemental Unleash 0.3.2 by bluemagic123)
Pls help me ;(

Last edited:
HI! Umm, I have a question. I have been getting this annoying crash when I try to use your program.. Here it is:
>>> 23:03:21 <<<
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\CraftButton". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(System.String assetName)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset(System.String assetName, System.Action`1[[System.IDisposable, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load(System.String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(System.Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.Main(System.String[] args)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\CraftButton.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(System.String name)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(System.String assetName)

What the heck is CraftButton..? And how do I fix it?

HI! Umm, I have a question. I have been getting this annoying crash when I try to use your program.. Here it is:
>>> 23:03:21 <<<
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\CraftButton". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset(System.String assetName, System.Action`1[[System.IDisposable, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load(System.String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(System.Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.Main(System.String[] args)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\CraftButton.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(System.String name)

What the heck is CraftButton..? And how do I fix it?
Get the 1.2.4.1 conent folder and use it instead of 1.3 BUT this will mean you won't be able to play 1.3 and it the only legal way to have it is if you copied a save of 1.2.4.1 before 1.3 came out.

Get the 1.2.4.1 conent folder and use it instead of 1.3 BUT this will mean you won't be able to play 1.3 and it the only legal way to have it is if you copied a save of 1.2.4.1 before 1.3 came out.

Hi again, sorry, but how do I get the old 1.2.4.1 content folder? Sorry, this is my first time "Modifying" the game :p

EDIT: I just realized, I am using GameLauncher, that IS what I use correct? And it says that tAPI is in 1.2 on GL. So thats why I am confused.

Last edited:
Hi again, sorry, but how do I get the old 1.2.4.1 content folder? Sorry, this is my first time "Modifying" the game :p

EDIT: I just realized, I am using GameLauncher, that IS what I use correct? And it says that tAPI is in 1.2 on GL. So thats why I am confused.
If you don't have it on your computer you can play tapi sorry:(
Tapi is on the game launcher but the game launcher hasn't updated to 1.3 yet so you can't play 1.2.4.1 unless you have the content folder on your computer, which you probably don't sorry.

It worked for me before 1.3 but now it's not even opening, just making a little sound and not opening. I think 1.3 is the issue.
Please help @Yoraiz0r I really like this program, but it won't work for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom