So I just got a couple of xenopoppers

SkeIetron

Skeletron
So I just did a martian invasion and got quite a few items from it. My 1.3 playthrough has been a ranged playthrough (though almost everything I use melee on, just not bosses) and I got two xenopoppers and 2 of those cannons, along with other loot, so I'm wondering if I should replace my megashark with either of these. Xenopopper looks promising, so would love to know if I should use it or not.

I didn't use Xenopopper very much, but someone said it's useful against Duke Fishron and some bosses if you pair it with chlorophyte bullets. It shoots like an automatic shotgun, making it useful against some enemies.

I didn't use the Charged Blaster Cannon, but it may be useful for groups of enemies if charged fully.
(and the animation kinda reminds me a "Kame Hame Ha", lol).

I didn't use Xenopopper very much, but someone said it's useful against Duke Fishron and some bosses if you pair it with chlorophyte bullets. It shoots like an automatic shotgun, making it useful against some enemies.

I didn't use the Charged Blaster Cannon, but it may be useful for groups of enemies if charged fully.
(and the animation kinda reminds me a "Kame Hame Ha", lol).

Was talking about the electrosphere one,. but no matter. anyways, just defeated the pillars and got a phantasm, stardust cell staff, solar eruption etc so both of these are obsolete. Going to destroy duke now!

Was talking about the electrosphere one,. but no matter. anyways, just defeated the pillars and got a phantasm, stardust cell staff, solar eruption etc so both of these are obsolete. Going to destroy duke now!
Actually, Electrosphere is like a Nimbus Rod sort of thing- handy to just leave spheres lying around for enemies to run into.

The Xenopopper is very powerful, but what you need to care is using the cursor to "guide" it. The bullet from the bublle will move to the driection of the cursor, so it may look like very inaccurate at first glimpse, but it's accurate though a little difficult to handle.

The grind for more truffle worms is annoying, but making a farm would be even more annoying.

Edit: Fishron is the most annoying boss, takes forever to farm for truffle worms and then ends up killing you right before you kill it. Every time I die to it it's at 1k health.

Edit 2: Not going to bother fighting him anymore, hit loot really isn't worth it for how long it takes to farm truffles after fighting him.

Last edited:
Duke Fishron is worth it. His wings are great and is mount is awesome (expert mode). Once you get Flailron, he goes down much quicker too.

Or get a bow like Tsunami or Phantasm paired with Holy Arrows. It takes him down in matter of seconds.

I've fought Fishron with the Gravitation Potion tactic. It's easy in his first and second phase, but the third one is quite insane. He's hard to dodge near the end and my result was a success with like 50~ health.

Or get a bow like Tsunami or Phantasm paired with Holy Arrows. It takes him down in matter of seconds.

I've fought Fishron with the Gravitation Potion tactic. It's easy in his first and second phase, but the third one is quite insane. He's hard to dodge near the end and my result was a success with like 50~ health.

I don't see how he goes down in seconds with the phantasm and holy arrows- thats what I use, and it takes me like 3 minutes to get him down to 1k then I run into his cthulhunado or something else and die. Honestly, I've beaten him twice and got the tempest staff which is terrible and the bubble gun which is ok but not very good. No flairon or tsunami yet, might still try. His loot just seemes to be completely outclassed by lunar stuff, which is a lot easier to obtain.

I adored my Xeno with Chloro bullets, great against the Duke and I used it quite a bit in the Hardcore dungeon. Once you get used to the slight delay and "aiming" it correctly, it's a lot of fun.

Honestly, I've beaten him twice and got the tempest staff which is terrible and the bubble gun which is ok but not very good. No flairon or tsunami yet, might still try. His loot just seemes to be completely outclassed by lunar stuff, which is a lot easier to obtain.

I will say this; his loot is definitely generally inferior to Lunar gear, but this is by design. Tier wise, he is pre-Cultist, so you shouldn't expect to see upgrades on your equipment from him, except possibly Fishron Wings.

Worth pointing out that Tempest Staff is probably the 3rd best Summoning staff in the game, and was the best by a huge margin for a very long time . . . its actually pretty awesome, just not as good as Stardust stuff.

Worth pointing out that Tempest Staff is probably the 3rd best Summoning staff in the game, and was the best by a huge margin for a very long time . . . its actually pretty awesome, just not as good as Stardust stuff.

The Xeno staff is better though, DPS-wise anyway.

Defeated him again, managed to get a tsunami! Had the unreal modifier too, like my crafted megashark. Probably going to use it instead of the phantasm, think it's better.

Edit: New question, ruthless phantasm or unreal tsunami?

Last edited:
Tsunami is probably better for a lot of mobs (with holy arrows), but the Phantasm has more dps against bosses because of the effect.

Defeated him again, managed to get a tsunami! Had the unreal modifier too, like my crafted megashark. Probably going to use it instead of the phantasm, think it's better.

Ruthless doesn't do a very big damage boost compared to Unreal. The second one has still many other upgrades (attack speed, velocity, knockback).

Ruthless doesn't do a very big damage boost compared to Unreal. The second one has still many other upgrades (attack speed, velocity, knockback).

Just not willing to really reforge the phantasm, so this is what I got.

Tsunami has higher DPS, as far as I know. But it fires slower, so you'd need to hit every shot. I'd say Tsunami for crowds, and Phantasm for single target.

Back
Top Bottom