Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for replying. As for your first point, I really hope not, as this is my main where I have explored every speck of the world, and remember it all. I couldn't restart or replace the world (as main), and it'd be irritating to go to different worlds just for the Angler. Anyway, I have another world that was created before the updates. The Angler appeared buried in the sand there, but not on my main.

Thanks for the reply, again!
I'm not sure if you figured it out but some previous post on here said something about an angler banner. See if you can get an angler banner on old world. If not, then no angler. Idk, use it as a test I guess.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454640665,1454640322][/DOUBLEPOST]
Installed B1 File Manager and Archiver, and it didn't show anything new that wasn't shown in any other file manger I have. The non-rooted phone just hides system folders and files, most times just showing otherwise 'empty' system folders.

And I did say that most times the files stay, but not always. Also, it may depend on the ROM (or rather, OS modification) you have, which could delete everything after uninstalling. Apps that 'clean up leftover/junk files' are deleting those kinds of files, as well as other misc files.
Cool. One last thing, did you check off show hidden files? I know I forgot to mention that earlier. Also, I had jellybean at the time. So that's a possibility. All I know is that Ive moved game data before since I used gl2sd, and when uninstalling, it deleted everything. That's all. But yeah, good to know that there's another main data file, a bak? File I believe. Once I get the marshmallow update, I'm going to try and root my phone, so I'll see if I can find the files.

OK. I'm done. Your game is so freakin BROKEN. :mad:

I just got a new 16gig micro SD card for my phone and after mounting it, the data that was on my phone was automatically transferred to the SD card after making it its default storage. No big deal, perfectly normal. WRONG! Out of ALL my apps, which, by the way, are working perfectly fine and unchanged since the transfer, TERRARIA, F-ING Terraria glitches out and desides to refuse to load, giving an 'can't install/download' error before freakin crashing and UNINSTALLING ITSELF OFF OF MY PHONE, EFFECTIVELY DELETEING ALL MY GAME AND SAVE FILES.

I mean, I know it has bugs. BUT WTF IS THIS BULL?!?! :eek:

All my data. EVERYTHING IS GONE NOW BECAUSE YOU IDIOTS DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A GAME THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!:mad::mad:

I can help with that last part. All you need to do is create one or two more characters and "Rob" should go back to his own character slot and you can than use him again. I had the same problem. That fixed it for me.
You got the names confused. James is the one I want working again. Rob is usable, and only has a displaced character icon. However, Rob was made specifically to check to see if my world(s) were fine after James got hit with the 'newer version, cannot open' bug.

I actually pressed the 3rd slot when I made Rob, since I was afraid of possibly writing over my stuck character (James). While my first character (James) is still being held hostage by the glitch, I don't feel comfortable playing the game anymore. 1) Could somehow ruin the recovery of my first guy if I pushed things, and 2) there is still no guarantee that the same character/world locking glitch won't happen again. If I could recover from that, it would be a different story; but I can't recover things right now, nor backup my files with my current device's settings.
Cool. One last thing, did you check off show hidden files? I know I forgot to mention that earlier. Also, I had jellybean at the time. So that's a possibility. All I know is that Ive moved game data before since I used gl2sd, and when uninstalling, it deleted everything. That's all. But yeah, good to know that there's another main data file, a bak? File I believe. Once I get the marshmallow update, I'm going to try and root my phone, so I'll see if I can find the files.
Yeah, I soon went to settings and had it show hidden files when I saw I wasn't getting anywhere. It still didn't show what I was wanting.

Be careful with rooting your device. It could cause total loss of your files on your device, and possibly permanent loss of all function from the device itself (aka destroy it). If you are going to root your phone, make sure you know what you are doing, or you know someone that does.

I can't find the source of where I saw the mention of .bak files. Not sure of it was in a Gamapedia site or a random page while doing a Google search. Regardless, the .bak file was in reference to the PC version, which is why I have doubts it carried over from the port to Android... but it could have. I'm not asking for anyone to wreck their device just to find out for my sake, but if there is someone that happens to have a rooted device, and can quickly check, that'd be great.

I just got a new 16gig micro SD card for my phone and after mounting it, the data that was on my phone was automatically transferred to the SD card after making it its default storage. No big deal, perfectly normal. WRONG! Out of ALL my apps, which, by the way, are working perfectly fine and unchanged since the transfer, TERRARIA, F-ING Terraria glitches out and desides to refuse to load, giving an 'can't install/download' error before freakin crashing and UNINSTALLING ITSELF OFF OF MY PHONE, EFFECTIVELY DELETEING ALL MY GAME AND SAVE FILES.

All my data. EVERYTHING IS GONE NOW BECAUSE YOU IDIOTS DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A GAME THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!:mad::mad:

It's seeing news like this that also makes me not want to touch my own copy of the (currently) ticking time bomb called Terraria on my smartphone.

I can't really disagree here. Even with trying to reserve as much judgement as possible, it looks like someone really dropped the ball here in regards to converting over to a different platform.

I don't know what happened, I really don't want to know the 'why's and 'how's right now, I just wish they (505 Games) would make a patch to fix these glaring errors. To hell with adding new content, just fix the thing! People are buying this game only to later realize they have bought quite a lemon of a game app.

505 Games is going to have to do a fantastic job of not only correcting basic functionality, but somehow make it up to people that suffered through this so they can keep their reputation in tact. The glitches in this game seem so amateurish and wide spread that I could not believe they could have so many other game titles under their belt (as listed at their web page) and still not have the foresight to prevent this issue.

It has to be the result of either a small inexperienced development team tasked to make this port over, or a horrifically careless mistakes by a few people in a key part of development, to cause such a mess. I can't see a company with that much collective experience mess up this badly with a paid product, unless it was from some tragic fluke in one of many obscure parts of programing. A company just does not get that many game titles (made or ported over) by consistently being incompetent.
Or maybe someone hacked their computers and utterly trolled them by screwing up their work, and no one caught it until it was too late. Considering how popular the game is, and how 505 Games is likely growing and expanding as well (based on Wikipedia site info), I can see this being equally as likely now that I think about it.

Despite being very disappointed by the current situation, I do really hope they can pull this out of the fire. And I encourage people to hang in there... but might want to pause your gaming, even if (especially if) nothing has happened to your game (yet).

Do you have marshmallow? Because I personally do not recommend merging your SD card with your phones internal storage. I don't know, if you accidentally take out your SD card to transfer something, that might lead to big issues. Anyways, if you don't have marshmallow, did you move app to sd card? Cause that's another thing. Or a setting? All in all, it's best to keep game files on your internal SD card vs moving them(unless you have root and have gl2sd or something) onto an external SD card as its possible an error can occur when transferring files. All in all that's very weird that the files were moved onto your external SD card... Game files (since the kit kat update) does not allow for apps to be dow loaded onto external SD card. Sorry to hear about this, it really sucks to lose all your progress and time spent, but that fder move thing is weird. So check your settings so stuff like this doesn't happen in the future.

One more thing mech, can you tell me what's in your terraria data folder? I have three empty folders (fonts, music sound) five pictures labeled Andy something. 3 text files labeled Andy something and a bunch of music. I know none of us have rooted devices, so a lot might be hidden, UT I just want to see if thats all we can see. My guess is the character data and world data are saved in these Andy text files. I wonder what those weird pictures are for. I'm not Korean or Japanese. My Chinese reading skills are terrible, so I can't figure out what those pictures say... Just curious.

One more thing mech, can you tell me what's in your terraria data folder? I have three empty folders (fonts, music sound) five pictures labeled Andy something. 3 text files labeled Andy something and a bunch of music. I know none of us have rooted devices, so a lot might be hidden, UT I just want to see if thats all we can see. My guess is the character data and world data are saved in these Andy text files. I wonder what those weird pictures are for. I'm not Korean or Japanese. My Chinese reading skills are terrible, so I can't figure out what those pictures say... Just curious.
As stated here (in the now defunct guide), the directory with the save files are under "Device\data\data\com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid\files" (data\data may not be correct for some devices. Doesn't seem correct on mine)
I do not have a 'Files' folder in my com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid folder. I just have 4 empty folders named cache (with empty subfolders), fonts, music, and sound, along with a mess of very non-critical add-on files in the game's main folder. Those Andy files (which are text graphics, used for multilingual purposes, likely for in-game displays) are not what I'm looking for. It is the playername-xxxxxxxxxx.player files (which in my case is "James-14511778347.player") that I'm looking for (and James-14511778347.player.bak if that even exists).

As for the language files you mentioned, odds are you can't read them since they would likely be graphics templates to allow the game to print words out in those languages. It likely doesn't say anything meaningful in a human readable fashion.

Well, Codeglue did the actual programming. I’m not sure how successful they are.
:eek: -_-
I can't quite believe I overlooked that... (I need to stop doing late night forum posts.)

Yeah, I did a quick search and their site doesn't show very many listed games, and it is a small development team.
Well crap... That makes more sense...

But whatever. I said I wasn't that interested in who was at fault*, just that it should get fixed A.S.A.P. If they messed up, 505 Games still has egg on their face since their name is on this as well, and they are the publisher.

*Actually, I am interested, but I know where it would likely end up if I, and other people, get side tracked on that kind of topic. It is best not to overthink and dwell on fault finding, since it often tends to cause a self feeding cycle of irritation. So let's hope for the best and try not to get caught up in a bad topic.

It's not 505's fault; they are just the idea people (I think). Honestly, I'm truly sorry for everyone who's game does not work. I'm experiencing just a sliver of the terrible issues that came with this update...but I overprepared for this already and I encourage other people to do the same if you are prone to this level of frustration over how far you've come.

If you have progressed a lot, you should either transfer rare items (especially duplicate rare items) to another device via multiplayer or onto a 'storage' world in iCloud. If you have an iPhone, upload all content to iTunes; I can confirm that all iCloud characters and worlds will be saved (along with contacts and such for your phone) if you save and factory reset.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454686392,1454686181][/DOUBLEPOST]I have two devices, each with a hard mode world, around the same progress. My iCloud world was corrupted but my hard mode iCloud character is not and if one device does not work, I can use the other and continue in the other hard mode world to get better equipment and such...which will be saved once the corrupted Terraria device starts working again.

Bee armor does not say that it increases max minions. still works as intended.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454693719,1454693245][/DOUBLEPOST]

look, if you dont want to play the game, dont play it. nobody's forcing you to, but really, if you have to restart your game, its not he end of the world. i have voluntarily deleted several endgame characters to make room for more, and it really dosent take long to get back up to OP status. haters gunna hate, but it really is a good game that works perfectly for most of us.

unfortunately, i dont know what you issue is with your phone so i can't really help you there. and i cant imagine that all your data is gone because of a terraria. maybe terraria data, but i dont see how it would affect the rest of your phone

Last edited:
OK, for those of you with endgame stuff and it crashed and restarted or whatever...it would happen eventually. What happens when you defeat all the bosses in the game? You start over. That's what Terraria is about: loading a brand new world because it has different environments, finds, etc. which is why it's so exciting and new every time you play. I have noooo problem deleting everything and starting all the way over and I have never beaten all three mech bosses so I haven't even explored the game to its full potential. My current profile pic? That character was deleted off the face of Terraria because I, like many others, experienced some of the more...rowdy bugs. When I had to start over I was excited—frustrated a little, but excited. New caves! Completely different jungle! The pleasure of getting stronger renewed!

@tapbeat I can confirm this, had my whole character and world saves from 1.1 corrupted and I found starting over to be way more fun than just messing around at endgame. I even managed to get items I didn't have in my previous saves!

Bee armor does not say that it increases max minions. still works as intended.
Yeah, I noticed that too before my first guy got thrown into glitch limbo.

There are countless things lacking proper documentation.

For example, the Piggy Bank and Safe are items that need better descriptions. There is no indication that they are any different than any other storage, like chests, and for me and others that are totally new to Terraria, they will see it as some overpriced vanity storage device, and not a character-side storage system (as opposed to world-side, like chests).

Anyone got a list of what needs better descriptions
look, if you dont want to play the game, dont play it. nobody's forcing you to, but really, if you have to restart your game, its not he end of the world. i have voluntarily deleted several endgame characters to make room for more, and it really dosent take long to get back up to OP status. haters gunna hate, but it really is a good game that works perfectly for most of us.
OK, for those of you with endgame stuff and it crashed and restarted or whatever...it would happen eventually. What happens when you defeat all the bosses in the game? You start over. That's what Terraria is about: loading a brand new world because it has different environments, finds, etc. which is why it's so exciting and new every time you play. I have noooo problem deleting everything and starting all the way over and I have never beaten all three mech bosses so I haven't even explored the game to its full potential. My current profile pic? That character was deleted off the face of Terraria because I, like many others, experienced some of the more...rowdy bugs. When I had to start over I was excited—frustrated a little, but excited. New caves! Completely different jungle! The pleasure of getting stronger renewed!
@tapbeat I can confirm this, had my whole character and world saves from 1.1 corrupted and I found starting over to be way more fun than just messing around at endgame. I even managed to get items I didn't have in my previous saves!

I totally agree that restarting can be fun, and having that simple option increases replay value greatly. Right now I have an account/device based game where I can't just restart easily from, and it already is getting tedious to play, being forced to keep going forward when I really want to head back and check out what was fun earlier on in the game.

However, I would want to make the call on when I restart things, and not some landmine-like glitch blowing up on me and forcing me to restart. That's where the issue is, losing stuff or restarting well before someone is ready for it.

Not only that, but also the lack of assurance that another frustrating glitch won't come back up at random so kills the mood as well.

As for my post saying 505 Games 'being at fault', I was likely wrong with my assumptions, but I do know I'm hardly the only one that jumped to that conclusion, and points out just how easy it is to get the wrong idea. Since the first thing I saw was 505 Games announcing things and was a part of this glitch issue discussion, they seemed like the ones taking responsibility for what is happening. So.. basically I was possibly shooting the messenger. I try not to do that, and point it out when others do it, but I made the same mistake I see others do.. which kind of shows how easy it is to do.

Of course restarting is fun that's the great thing about terraria as its an example of a brilliant sandbox game. I've also done it myself voluntarily a couple of times. But people are being forced to by crashes. And that is an issue- regardless of how much we may enjoy restarting, that person may not. It's one thing to start over because you want to, a whole different thing to be forced to since the game isn't functioning as it should.

Also @ikillzombies, come on now you say the game is working 'perfectly' for most, yet many of these bugs occur on all platforms and the game is riddled with them. The game is working for most, yes, but it isn't the polished game you imply.

@Sword Ace The Spectre Mask also displays that it gives 23% reduced mana usage instead of damaging projectiles when equipped with the set, which is supposed to be the Spectral Set's bonus.

Also @ikillzombies, come on now you say the game is working 'perfectly' for most, yet many of these bugs occur on all platforms and the game is riddled with them. The game is working for most, yes, but it isn't the polished game you imply.
I maybe being picky with definitions here, but I feel like this needs some correction.

It [Terraria] is a good game, but is not working perfectly fine for most of us. It maybe fine for PC users, but it is far from OK for people on mobile platforms. Unless the word 'us' is in reference to people that don't play on mobile, which would be kind of out of place, given where this thread is.

Crashing every so often, for any reason, even if harmless, doesn't really classify as 'working perfectly' for most people.

Also, while the controls were surprisingly workable when I gave it try (note: I find mobile controls often being out right bad), they are far from perfect. If they were perfect, I wouldn't have blamed ⅓ to ½ of my pointless character deaths to silly errors with the awkward controls. I'm more than sure that I could do better with a mouse and keyboard.

From my understanding, problems with game stability is not something that is happening over all platforms. There maybe glitches of one kind or another on all platforms, but I'm assuming the severe glitches are on the mobile versions (could be wrong).

Not to say there haven't been any problems on the PC version, but the PC version is likely much more polished than mobile versions right now (right?).

@505 Games Support
Please allow for fixed locations for control buttons, with maybe a faint outline as references. It is quite annoying at times to try to tap something and wind up with a control pad blocking your action, thinking it is far enough away from the screen edge. Sometimes the control buttons almost pop up in the middle of the screen if unlucky.

The pressure plates DO NOT look like pressure plates :/
They looked like lead ore and then a dirt block. It was strange.
I've had pressure plate look nothing like pressure plates at times. Not sure what they were, but it was dark, and had a horizontal bright purple line through it.

I think it has been mentioned before.
(added edit: Got a few ideas for user interface tweaks, but not sure where to post them on the forum. They will likely involve modified screen shots with heavy Note S-Pen usage.)

Last edited:
fair enough. my point was that it is not totally broken and it usually works, even if it is sometimes a little buggy.

Mouse & Keyboard support (like in Minecraft PE) would be cool, even though I have no problem with the mobile controls (they really should be stationary, though).
Didn't know Minecraft PE had that. I do have a Bluetooth keyboard, and was amused that it worked on my other smartphones, but never used it as much as I thought I would. As big as the Note 3 screen is, and as high a resolution it is, it isn't big enough to really have a keyboard and mouse in front of it.

As mentioned on the last post, I do have some suggestions I want to give on improving the mobile device controls. For tablets.. I can't give much feedback on. I just haven't used them.

I can see some purpose for the controls to pop up in a slightly different spot, especially when they totally disappear, but the area where they pop-up need to be fixed, and the option to be in a set location should be given.
@505 Games Support first, the night time music played in my overworld during the day. Second, PLEASE do something about moving NPCs around PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
@505 Games Support
Yeah, having a way of moving NPCs around in your base/town would be great. Not only would it save on trying to steal lights or chairs from rooms in effort to move NPCs where you want, a housing menu (like on the PC version) would help people with knowing what rooms classify as a living space.

The latter part would be helpful with the operational glitch in the tutorial where the system may pick the wrong enclosed space to base the tutorial progress on. I mentioned this problem before in another post here, in regards to covering up the walled-off mine pit before or during the house making part of the tutorial.
fair enough. my point was that it is not totally broken and it usually works, even if it is sometimes a little buggy.
I'm not trying to be melodramatic about it, but it isn't just a little buggy. Each time a person gets unlucky with the glitches and losses a character and/or world, or more, that is one more person likely to give bad press about the game, and not everyone comes here to rant about it. What makes it worse is that it is more likely to hit people that really love the game and play it often. Playing more means more chances are created to lose save files; and when the 'unthinkable' happens they understandably become inconsolably enraged. You can't reason with them for at least several days, they are just too ticked off to think straight.

I still say to people to hang in there and be patient, the game will get fixed (people's paychecks partly depend on it after all :p), but I'm not going to tell people to just keep playing since everything is mostly fine, since that would be like saying "keep playing in the mostly cleared out minefield". They maybe 'mostly safe', but something could still blow up in their face.

I’m not sure if you know about this, @505 Games Support, but the mobile version still has the old smart cursor which digs three blocks wide (instead of two) when digging vertically.
So that's what it is called. One of the things I wanted to bring up in the controls suggestion was to tweak the appearance of that.

I wanted it to have a transparent highlighted area on the grid that pops up around the character showing where it will tunnel, given a set direction.

I don't mind the 3 block wide vertical tunnels, since it didn't seem to be that big of an issue; but it could be setup to where if you stand between two blocks, it makes a 2 block wide tunnel, and directly on 1 block, it mines 3 block wide vertical tunnels.

The selection path would be some set width were depending where you stood it would fit within two blocks or three blocks.

This is something where pictures would really come in handy.

As for the lack of updates here, I've noticed that too. Been hoping to see an update on the list of glitches, and maybe even have the list cleaned up so it has less repeats and is easier to read.

Maybe they are actually busy with working on fixes? Final stages of getting through the red tape (and digital 'tape' of authentication) of getting something to the app stores?

Same behavior was recently seen with Supercell (makers of Clash of Clans), where they went silent for awhile just before releasing a couple needed gameplay patches for there huge game changing update they had last X-mas. It ticked people off, thinking they were being ignored, when it turned out Supercell was just busy as hell with fixing the issue, and had nothing concrete to say up until the patches were done.

I don't know for sure if that is the case here, but it makes more sense that is what is likely happening, all hands on desk to fix things and nothing really useful to say, than just 505 Games ignoring people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom