1.3.1 Preview Stream

This is a joke:
( ̄(●●) ̄) /~┴┴ (≧o≦)(@) ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ ☜(*^-^*)☞ ~~~(;⌒-⌒;)~~~ ~~(˙❀‿❀˙)~~ (^.^) (^_^) (*^.^*) ('_') (^。^) (^_^)v (^_-) (^_^.) (^_^;) (#^.^#) (>_<) (^_^メ) =-O :p ;-) :( :) :-! :-$ B-) :O :-* :-D :'( :-\ O:) :-[ hhahhaahahahaha lol!

We allow some leniency in news announcement threads, but there is no need for random gibberish posts such as this. Please refrain from making these kinds of posts or it could lead to warning marks.

The day before 1.3.1 is released, Ped will be featuring an incredible adventure map designed by @Baih and Noel. The map is an intricate multi-level puzzle exhibiting the true potential of all of the new mechanics this update adds to Terraria! Hope to see you there!

I was wondering, would this "incredible adventure map" be available for download after 1.3.1 is released?

Why is this even a thing. It will end in a lot of people grumping because they ruined the surprise of the new content.

Also I remember the shenanigans from last time.
Ohhhhhhhh, I remember now.

But I think if it's only Pedguin and ReLogic it will be ok. Also; as cliche as it is to say, no one has to spoil the patch by watching the stream. They could choose to not watch it. But I understand the difficulty in that sort of self control.

Last edited:
Flash is required for a lot of websites, lol..
Not really. Less and less sites are using it as people slowly realize it's buggy, unnecessary, virus-spewing..... *ahem* but seriously, not as many as you'd think. YouTube for instance switched to HTML video a couple years back. Most other major video sites have done the same. I was honestly a bit surprised to see Twitch still relying on Flash. Maybe live video is harder to do without it, I donno.

Hm... maybe I will tune in. I saw a part of Pedguins 1.3 stream and it looked kinda fun to watch. So sad that in my timezone 1PM EST practically amounts to 7PM (GMT+2 if you're interested). Having said that, what is the release time for 1.3? Will it be 1PM EST the next day, or just as soon as May 22nd arrives?

Last edited:
Will Pedguin be using a controller at any point during the stream?

I know allot of Terarrians are excited about the wiring update (as am I), but I can't wait to play with a controller.

Will Pedguin be using a controller at any point during the stream?

I know allot of Terarrians are excited about the wiring update (as am I), but I can't wait to play with a controller.

The problem with this, is that if you're a PC user and you use KB+Mouse a lot, you're going to be used to that, and players mostly wanna see the map and the possibilities that come with all the new wiring and tech.

If someone who uses KB+Mouse picks up a controller, they're probably going to be making tons of mistakes, it's going to be awkward, and the audience gets to watch 15-20 minutes of random newbie mistakes like missing jumps, fumbling over the inventory, etc. I don't really honestly understand what we'd have to gain by watching someone re-learn how to play the game when you'll be doing that very thing tomorrow anyways.

And besides, if you wanted to know what doing it with a controller would be like, I'm sure there's videos of people playing the console versions floating around.

It's kinda like going to a supercar show to watch people play with the supercars and here comes this guy who's never driven a manual transmission before and he's constantly stalling the car because he barely even knows how to work a clutch.

I want to imagine they've had the 1.3.1 preview build for more than about ten minutes before streaming it. He doesn't have to actually play the adventure map if he wants to practice with the controller first. It leads to a few scenarios.

A) Pedguin has never used a gamepad for Terraria, but the controls are intuitive. He picks them up very quickly and people are impressed with how easy it was and look forward to gamepad support
B) Pedguin has practiced with the gamepad controls before the stream and his gameplay looks smooth with few differences from KB+M gameplay. People look forward to gamepad support
C) Pedguin has not practiced the gamepad controls and uses one anyway, spending a few minutes at the start making silly mistakes for people to laugh about. The people who are bitter that controller support delayed the wiring update say "I TOLD YOU SO" and everybody ignores them as he starts getting back into the swing of things.

Pedguin actually seems to have a level head on his shoulders, so I highly doubt he's going to do anything that's going to be hard to watch. Unless, of course, you don't like them, in which case you don't have to watch them and you can wait until tomorrow.

@Xylia Ummm...ok then.

I would assume that Pedguin has had time with the game already, and I doubt that this would be the first time he's ever touched a controller. Not only that, but seeing as it's a major part of this update, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask if he plans on using it.

I've played Terraria on every platform except mobile, so I know how the game plays on console. However, as we've now seen in Chippy's video, the controller support for the PC version looks different. It also looks WAY better.

Finally, as a fellow youtuber, I can say that unexpected goofs in videos can be very entertaining and organic. And comparing watching someone play a video game with a controller to some one learning to drive a manual transmission....just wow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom