tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

This would certainly be unique, but it would be quite a lot of work. Personally, I wouldn't want enemies to be able to damage my structures or dig a hole that let water/lava flow somewhere important. So, while it's an interesting idea, I don't think it belongs in this mod.
you could add blocktypes which cant be destroyed by these then. while it might leave bases built with that, in a hole, it would atleast prevent damage to these.

you could add blocktypes which cant be destroyed by these then. while it might leave bases built with that, in a hole, it would atleast prevent damage to these.
Even better, add a protector block that could be placed near or on the block(like actuators).

Or, you can simply rename the prefix to "Ghostly" and only make mobs go through blocks without breaking them.

So, since the OP provides absolutely no information on how this works at all...

Cosmic Tickets. Giving one to the Guide shows several item recipes, always two for each item. One is a number of tickets and a chance token, but the recipe is the same for every item shown. The second is combining that item with a few tickets gives...the same item back? Care to explain this, anyone?

Cosmic Tickets. Giving one to the Guide shows several item recipes, always two for each item. One is a number of tickets and a chance token, but the recipe is the same for every item shown. The second is combining that item with a few tickets gives...the same item back? Care to explain this, anyone?

I know about as much as you do on the same item back ones, My best guess is a refuel after use since there's no way to increase uses without a certain item, But that'd require testing, Would you be willing to test it if OP or someone else doesn't tell us?

I know about as much as you do on the same item back ones, My best guess is a refuel after use since there's no way to increase uses without a certain item, But that'd require testing, Would you be willing to test it if OP or someone else doesn't tell us?

I tried that just now, actually, with my Scourge Ring, makes no difference.

The purpose of choice tokens is to allow players the chance to specifically craft an item, so that they don't have to rely on random chance alone to get exactly what they're looking for. The tickets are just there to require that you've found a few tokens for that tier.

The recipe for each item where you toss a couple tickets in to recraft an item is basically a reforge-lite (recrafting doesn't guarantee a prefix like reforging does). Since there's not really a sink for extra tickets yet, I added it so they had some use once you had all the loot from a tier. Once I add in some consumables/ammo, I may remove the feature.

Edit: I've added a "How it works" section to the loot tab in the OP, with some basic information that was missing from there but can be found elsewhere in this thread.

Last edited:
Wow... This mod is awesome! I cant wait to see those turrets you were talking about ;)

Also, I have a prefix suggestion. Maybe something like Crazed or Manic? It would increase speed and knockback greatly, but reduce attack damage.

Wow... This mod is awesome! I cant wait to see those turrets you were talking about ;)

Also, I have a prefix suggestion. Maybe something like Crazed or Manic? It would increase speed and knockback greatly, but reduce attack damage.

I had an idea that involved speed as well, and sadly it seems that's not something that's feasible.

That Goblin apparently didn't want to be rescued lol. Either that, or he was singing to get my attention...but goblins aren't the best singers, apparently.

New update up! I've added a bullet for each tier, craftable with cosmic tickets. Information on them can be found in the extra loot tab in the OP. Let me know what you think of these - they're meant to be strong, but certainly not overpowered. Sprites are just recolors of vanilla ammo (I can at least do that).

The biggest update since I added loot has just been published, adding an entirely new class of weapons - Dueling Swords. These thrusting swords work something like spears, able to hit enemies multiple times, but what makes them unique is their ability to counter attacks. When right-clicking with one of these weapons, you will enter a counter stance for a moment (just under half a second). Each type of Dueling Sword - Rapier, Foil, Épeé, and Estoc - has a unique effect when countering attacks. Rapiers gain a big bonus to the damage of their next attack. Foils instantly deal damage to the enemy if the attack countered was a direct melee hit. An Épeé will reflect any projectiles that would hit you while countering, vastly increasing their damage. Estocs fire a powerful projectile with their next attack. No matter the type, countering an attack will grant you a brief moment of invincibility.

You can't spam counter, though; there's a 6 second cooldown on the ability. These weapons reward good timing and precision of attacks.

There are 14 swords in total - 2 in each tier except tier 6, in which there are 4.

I've had these mostly coded for a while, but the reason this can finally be released is that @PhoenixBlade offered to do some more sprites for me, and went on a spree yesterday to create one for each weapon. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

I've also added a link to a Google Doc in the OP, in which I've been writing out some details about the weapons. Currently, all Magic Rings and Dueling Swords are documented.

Back
Top Bottom