Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, the problem lies within the biomes themselves. Crimson is hard to start off, since most of the mobs are very strong for early game players. You shouldn't go in with anything lower than Iron, or Gold if you're newer. However, the Brain of Cthulhu is easy relative to the biome's general difficulty. The Corruption, on the other hand, is very easy to get into, since all the enemies are aerial and easy to dodge and chip away at. But then the boss is really hard compared to the biome's general difficulty. Me, I prefer the Crimson, just because it forces you to go and explore the caves and get iron and gold armor, instead of just getting bombs and skipping the early metal tiers entirely.

But then the boss is really hard compared to the biome's general difficulty.

.......wut?

Eater of Worlds, hard?

I suppose they say that challenge is subjective for a reason, but I've never thought the Eater as being hard. In fact, I rather think the opposite that the teleport ram spam of the Brain is far more difficult. I don't go after the Brain without an Amazon for that very reason.

The Brain is easier. It's the only one, I believe, that takes knockback, which is a huge plus.

Even with KB, if the brain decides to teleport right ontop of you in a small hallway, you're done in a few hits because the damage it does is rather high. It hits for upwards of 30 damage in NORMAL (assuming you're wearing Silver/Tungsten).

You can get it locked into a knockback chain, but sometimes it will teleport to inside the wall underneath your feet and you will get hit, or sometimes it will teleport just too close to you and you'll get hit either way.

And sometimes, you won't get a Rotted Fork from the first 3 hearts so I hope you had an Amazon instead. Or you might get one with -knockback on it instead which won't be of much use.

Either way, with the unpredictable teleport spam and the fact it can trap you in narrow hallways... I've always found the Brain MUCH more dangerous than the silly worm which is easily dodged. If you get a vilethorn, it is even more hilariously easy. Or grenades. Both work. Just gotta be careful with the nades. Hang on the ceiling or something and drop em.

Or if you were fortunate enough, or patient enough, you could instead have a Blade of Grass which will tear apart the silly worm in record time. If you found a surface water bolt, it's even more hilariously easy.

Even with KB, if the brain decides to teleport right ontop of you in a small hallway, you're done in a few hits because the damage it does is rather high. It hits for upwards of 30 damage in NORMAL (assuming you're wearing Silver/Tungsten).

You can get it locked into a knockback chain, but sometimes it will teleport to inside the wall underneath your feet and you will get hit, or sometimes it will teleport just too close to you and you'll get hit either way.

And sometimes, you won't get a Rotted Fork from the first 3 hearts so I hope you had an Amazon instead. Or you might get one with -knockback on it instead which won't be of much use.

Either way, with the unpredictable teleport spam and the fact it can trap you in narrow hallways... I've always found the Brain MUCH more dangerous than the silly worm which is easily dodged. If you get a vilethorn, it is even more hilariously easy. Or grenades. Both work. Just gotta be careful with the nades. Hang on the ceiling or something and drop em.

Or if you were fortunate enough, or patient enough, you could instead have a Blade of Grass which will tear apart the silly worm in record time. If you found a surface water bolt, it's even more hilariously easy.

The way I counter the whole teleporting into the walls thing is by clearing up the circular chamber area under the ground near the hearts, then build some platforms for a makeshift arena, break the hearts, then run up. Eater is difficult for me because you can really only fight him in a flat area, so an arena is not the best bet. Even if you manage to get to the surface, which I never do, he leaps out in great arcs, and I find it really hard to hit him, unless, as you said, you have a Blade of Grass, or any weapon with a huge hit radius, or grenades.

In the end, I think it just depends on your playstyle, strategy, and the way you play games in general.

The way I counter the whole teleporting into the walls thing is by clearing up the circular chamber area under the ground near the hearts, then build some platforms for a makeshift arena, break the hearts, then run up.

Yeesh, that must take hours to do.

Eater is difficult for me because you can really only fight him in a flat area, so an arena is not the best bet.

You don't really need an arena if you do it properly. I don't know about Expert, but if we're just comparing normal to normal, if you have a vilethorn then the pitiful worm doesn't even stand a chance. If you don't have a vilethorn, I've done it with just a Light's Bane and nothing else. Slightly more annoying, but by no means impossible. You just keep hammering the potions as often as you can and you shouldn't come close to dying.

Even if you manage to get to the surface, which I never do, he leaps out in great arcs, and I find it really hard to hit him, unless, as you said, you have a Blade of Grass, or any weapon with a huge hit radius, or grenades.

Getting to the surface is probably the worst thing to do IMO. Just fight him in the long straight passage, away from any pits that you might die to fall damage if you step off (or cap them with wood platforms). As for it being hard to hit him... I find the best strategy is to just berserker him. If you avoid his mouth but allow the body to hit you, it does single-digits damage meanwhile you can chop him up with any sword in record time. Or if you got a vilethorn, throw those thorns in his direction along his body and he goes down quick.

Yeesh, that must take hours to do.

You don't really need an arena if you do it properly. I don't know about Expert, but if we're just comparing normal to normal, if you have a vilethorn then the pitiful worm doesn't even stand a chance. If you don't have a vilethorn, I've done it with just a Light's Bane and nothing else. Slightly more annoying, but by no means impossible. You just keep hammering the potions as often as you can and you shouldn't come close to dying.

Getting to the surface is probably the worst thing to do IMO. Just fight him in the long straight passage, away from any pits that you might die to fall damage if you step off (or cap them with wood platforms). As for it being hard to hit him... I find the best strategy is to just berserker him. If you avoid his mouth but allow the body to hit you, it does single-digits damage meanwhile you can chop him up with any sword in record time. Or if you got a vilethorn, throw those thorns in his direction along his body and he goes down quick.

I mean clear it out of monsters. It takes, like, five minutes, tops. And as for fighting him in the passageways, I'm usually stuck inside the third hole that the shadow orb was in. A Vilethorn is the only way I can actualy kill it without losing over half my hp. I guess I should get silver or gold before I fight it, because I think copper isn't a smart choice... :/

I mean clear it out of monsters. It takes, like, five minutes, tops. And as for fighting him in the passageways, I'm usually stuck inside the third hole that the shadow orb was in. A Vilethorn is the only way I can actualy kill it without losing over half my hp. I guess I should get silver or gold before I fight it, because I think copper isn't a smart choice... :/
The idea is that you fight EoW after the EoC, so of course you're supposed to have something better than copper then. I always get Iron and above for armor and use the weapon I make from the EoC's demonite.
If you're going to fight him in the corruption cave (which is the easiest for me), make sure you place down platforms/rope so that you can escape from the final chasm quickly.
I always make sure to block off the sides so that the pesky mobs will leave me alone.

The idea is that you fight EoW after the EoC, so of course you're supposed to have something better than copper then. I always get Iron and above for armor and use the weapon I make from the EoC's demonite.
If you're going to fight him in the corruption cave (which is the easiest for me), make sure you place down platforms/rope so that you can escape from the final chasm quickly.
I always make sure to block off the sides so that the pesky mobs will leave me alone.

Why'd I say copper? Maybe I was just thinking too much about the story I'm writing right now. I update it by chapters, and I had just written a fight scene between the main character and the EoC. Anyway, I meant tin armor. Usually, I have tin armor for the Eye, then I go straight to the Infection biomes, or whatever you want to call them. :p

Why'd I say copper? Maybe I was just thinking too much about the story I'm writing right now. I update it by chapters, and I had just written a fight scene between the main character and the EoC. Anyway, I meant tin armor. Usually, I have tin armor for the Eye, then I go straight to the Infection biomes, or whatever you want to call them. :p
I don't think you should be using tin either.

Anyway, all you need to do to beat the EOW is wait for him to come up and just stand next to him and attack with the War Axe of the Night. Also, I'd recommend getting a grappling hook if you want to get out.

Crimson.
I like them both but those deep, vertical holes in the corruption prove me a challenge of getting up and down :p

It's a tough choice for me. I like the Crimson due to how unique it is (as opposed to the Corruption's more generic "evil" theme). I also like the challenge it offers, as I find the Corruption barely threatening unless on Expert mode. Also, the loot; Crimson Armor is far more superior to Shadow Armor, and the Ichor/Vampire Knives can be really helpful late into the game. However, I like the Corruption because of its music (especially underground), and I personally find the Corruption more aesthetically pleasing. Finally, I think that the Eater of Worlds is an extremely fun boss to battle as opposed to the Brain of Cthulhu, especially when playing on Expert Mode.

The only thing that I do not like about the cor
It's a tough choice for me. I like the Crimson due to how unique it is (as opposed to the Corruption's more generic "evil" theme). I also like the challenge it offers, as I find the Corruption barely threatening unless on Expert mode. Also, the loot; Crimson Armor is far more superior to Shadow Armor, and the Ichor/Vampire Knives can be really helpful late into the game. However, I like the Corruption because of its music (especially underground), and I personally find the Corruption more aesthetically pleasing. Finally, I think that the Eater of Worlds is an extremely fun boss to battle as opposed to the Brain of Cthulhu, especially when playing on Expert Mode.
I knew I wasn't the only one who likes the underground corruption theme

I like the corruption its just so cool but the crimson is ok the brain of cthulhu is easy it was the first boss i ever beat

Also, back before my tablet was broken by a book my brother dropped on it it was really my fault for havving it on the floor D: i made my own crimson i had a garden room thing, and i placed crimstone under the dirt to see what happened. A couple of terraria days later, the garden was red.and i had grass leading from the ground to the garden for some reason and i corrupted my world (or crimsonized it)

I like the corruption its just so cool but the crimson is ok the brain of cthulhu is easy it was the first boss i ever beat

Also, back before my tablet was broken by a book my brother dropped on it it was really my fault for havving it on the floor D: i made my own crimson i had a garden room thing, and i placed crimstone under the dirt to see what happened. A couple of terraria days later, the garden was red.and i had grass leading from the ground to the garden for some reason and i corrupted my world (or crimsonized it)
Your grammar is absolutely incredible for someone at the age of 29 XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom