Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• 500+ Ectoplasm, 5 Paladin Shields, 3 Wisps in a Bottle over who knows how many hours.. 0 Hammers and 0 Nazars. They need to tweak the RNG...
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I can't stand KB, I hate it. I have to use a shield and since I'm solo, Paladin Shield is useless and the Ankh Shield is a huge upgrade over the Obsidian one, so yeah. That and I play a defense build. 99 Defense FTW. Well, it'd be like what, 101 with the Ankh Shield? lol.
    W1K
    W1K
    It's def good for defense builds, especially since you'll most likely end up with less movement speed than a more dps-centered build. I usually go straight for the high mobility tho, so knockback is less of an inconvenient.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well I go for movement _and_ defense, though... Fishron Wings, Frostspark Boots, Shield, Master Ninja and Celestial Stone. With high movement, I find that hitting an enemy and getting stopped dead in your tracks is highly annoying, lol. I like to just run through stuff (since most stuff does <10 damage to me lol).
    So I dig out a HUGE hole for truffle worm farm, and end up with 20+ worms before getting it done. At least Hallow Keymold dropped during it.
    So I'm lucky enough to get two back-to-back Lucky Coins in 2 invasions, but no Nazar or Wisp after 3+ hours of farming dungeon. I hate RNG..
    OFF
    OFF
    don't lose hope and use more water candles, evenually it will drop. it took me a day of farming to get the Nazar (most unlucky one here)
    People sure love avatar fads around here, lol. Not saying it is a bad thing, but always thought it kinda strange as I see it nowhere else...
    Reactions: Esreadel
    NightsTruthblade
    NightsTruthblade
    Fads aren't a bad thing until you have the users who are always only ever trying to be the new dank maymay.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    When I say "fad", I mean the same kind of avatar being used by lots and lots of people. We had the VVVVVV fad going on awhile back, and the 'lewd' fad before that, and now we have the thing where everybody's avatar is animated in a certain way, lol. was just noting the curiosity.
    NightsTruthblade
    NightsTruthblade
    That's what I meant, though. Back in the Terraria Online days we had people who only ever tried to make the next fad happen, and it was annoying as hell. My thought about it is that fads are fine as long as it doesn't become a "I WANT TO MAKE A FAD SO I'M POPULAR!" contest.
    I hate Youtube lately. It makes my browser hang up for 10, 20, 30 seconds every time I attempt to do something on it.
    They really need to improve the Picksaw drop. 1 out of ~30 is kinda ridiculous, esp if you get a "bad" Golem room at worldgen...
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And even if you don't get a Golem Room that forces you to "cheese" him, it is oftentimes still a rather bad setup where the room is not big enough to have the floor off-screen while you're at the top which means you need to farm cells and golem separately.
    FlakMaster
    FlakMaster
    I rarely experience that problem, but maybe that's because I play on large worlds.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, it's a small world thing, tho occasionally Mediums can give you a wonky room too. I've seen it once or twice in about 7-8 playthroughs. Either way if you get a bad room like that, the Picksaw is pretty much your only way out and consistently I find the Picksaw is the thing that doesn't want to drop despite Wiki's claims it has equal chance.
    GIRGHGH
    GIRGHGH
    I've streamed before on my current computer, but I only figured out screen capture recently. I still don't have a mic, but I hope to get one for my birthday. Among many things. Luckily, I have a miraculous gap in finals, so I get a birthday off.
    GIRGHGH
    GIRGHGH
    Lol, I had to split this message up because it has over 420 characters. What a peculiar number.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah I bought a laptop a few years ago, at the time I wanted to play Istaria (then Horizons) on two computers at once side-by-side because of how game mechanics worked. Eventually quit Istaria, and never needed the laptop for anything afterwards. Since I play Terraria full-screen, it helps to see twitch chat..
    Going to be streaming "WoF + First 2 Hours of Hardmode" (legit playthrough) in 20min at http://www.twitch.tv/xylia_s . Chat & Mic available
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Oh, I have flairons, extra ones in another world lol. So if it wants to be Too ridiculous, I can cheat, lol. I just didn't wanna cheat during That Stream.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So, remember that luck that would bounce back? Well, a 2nd Solar Eclipse happened about 10 game days later. 2 BHS, but nothing else. Also, magic quiver dropped just as I was finishing the teleporter wire. That's like 5min after a beam sword drop.
    FlakMaster
    FlakMaster
    Sometimes RNG just can't be bothered to be balanced.
    Love how I can get 397 Chlorophyte Ore, but only 1 Turtle Shell after spending 2+ hours in the HM Jungle...
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    I know the pain. I grinded for hours... and I only had a single Shell... but a Key Mold dropped so it was not completely worthless.
    You know the game is getting too easy when you kill two mechs in the same night during regular progression effortlessly. (S.Prime/Twins)
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    And that's why people (like Yrimir) do little challenges just to keep the game interesting for them.

Also, reminds me that I wanted at one point to fight all the Mech Bosses + The Golem for a little challenge. In fact, I was going to add the Goblin, Pirate Army, and Frost Legion into the mix too. Should get on that some time.
    What's with the bouncing smiley face atari-type avatars everywhere now? Looks like something out of a FNaF minigame, lol
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    I lost interest in FNaF after FNaF2 was the exact same thing, sitting on your :red: waiting for scary stuff which wasn't even scary.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    *nods* I have similar opinions, but the minigames and the overlying plot I thought was interesting -- I wouldn't actually play the FNaF games, but I did look up the wrap-up of FNaF3 and the plot is mildly interesting. The only trouble, is that you gotta go through a lot just to FIND the plot, lol. But there IS actually one there.
    TTSp00k the Invincible
    TTSp00k the Invincible
    FNAF 3 is actually very much different when compared to FNAF 1 & 2.

As Scarecrow said, it's sort of like a strategy game, when you look at the way it works.
    Just finished a 2000wire teleport to Jungle. Never knew laying that much wire could be so ANNOYING. It is awesome now that it's done though!
    Rough Draft
    Rough Draft
    Makes ya wish building potions effected wire/actuator placement.
    I swear I always mistake you for Szaila dagnabbit. XD
    Devalaous
    Devalaous
    I wouldnt have even known Xylia existed were it not for this status. And even then, I just see "Tales of Xylia" instead of "Szaila"
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Huh. Never heard of Szaila myself, but that is weirdly close to a "Sizalia" I know somewhere else. That's why I did a double-take, I was like "whaaat?". And I also heard of this "Tales of Xylia" somewhere before I think... which is Not linked to me in any shape, form, or manner even though IIRC it has to do with a dragon.
    Devalaous
    Devalaous
    Its an RPG called Tales of Xillia, part of a famous series :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom