Terraria Community Forums

Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
I was a little surprised at the lack of no Night's Edge achievement! That's a more special crafting than the Terra Blade, I think.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
"Kill an enemy you aren't supposed to kill".

Gotcha.
Devalaous
Devalaous
You have to kill him on console, since the bone key counts for the "all pets" achievement :(
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
"More useless game code clutter! Why not?"

I only care about achievements when they mean something other than pointless ego boosts or "you should be doing this." Freaking Clicker Heroes got that right, not sure why other games can't.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
Dungeon is skippable, and with current endgame gear it goes down in about 3 minutes. :p I bet even faster with 1.3 stuff.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Secret Achievements are a thing that can be done. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a good example of a game with Secret Achievements.
H
HansGoodperson
Hey guys I don't like achievements (because I'm le edgy hipster xDxD), therefore everyone who enjoys unlocking them is wrong and they should be removed.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I'm not sure who you're mocking, since nobody said a thing about not liking achievements. Although, yes, disagreeing with the hive mind is usually referred to as "being a hipster," that much you're right about.

Constructive posts like yours are a rare jewel and should be preserved for posterity.
H
HansGoodperson
If you aren't sure you can check who answered in less than 3 minutes.

Being a hipster is more about disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing and degrading others to "hive mind" just to feel superior, rather than simply having an unpopular opinion.

Maybe I missed the obvious positive connotations of "useless clutter" but achievements are just as useful as any other thing you do in a game.
H
HansGoodperson
Unless, of course, defeating the Golem taught you a lesson in life and made you a better human being.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I gave one example where achievements were done right. Achievements as they are in 99% of the games are useless clutter, but there's few games (Tales of Amalur, Borderlands, Clicker Heroes) where they mean something.

Perhaps if you were less occupied with whiteknighting and more with reading, you would have researched the issue.
Necro
Necro
What have I done!?
Devalaous
Devalaous
Mass Effect is the only game where its truly worth getting them to me, as doing so unlocks permanent bonuses. Terraria is fine, almost the entire list is stuff you'll do anyway, and each icon has nice artwork to look at as you unlock them.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
Nothing.

It's just two different people talking to each other. Happens everywhere you go, funny enough.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
So in short, no, not hating on achievemts, but in the way they're implemented in most games, where they mean absolutely nothing to the game itself.

Again, not sure who was hating on achievements. It wasn't me. Nice try though, someday you'll find your own bridge to live under.
H
HansGoodperson
Maybe they're clutter to you. The truth is they're a trivial reward, just like everything else in a game. Since there is people who finds them rewarding, they aren't useless. Simple.

Oh, a bridge. Gotta love that edge. After all, if he disagrees with me he must be troll.
FlakMaster
FlakMaster
I hate popcorn.
Back
Top Bottom