Terraria Community Forums

Crowno
Crowno
It's unisex. You can't tell if a person using a robe and mask is male or female by the clothes. So it wouldn't make sense to have "male and female" variants.
H
Hax4Ever
Shhhh- Let people have their fantasies.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I'm sorry, but Anime and other graphic media have taught me female robes are always skin-tight.
RainDreamer
RainDreamer
Or, for some reasons, the robes may have boobs windows. Or have side cuts way up to their midriff and flutter in the wind.
Crowno
Crowno
It's one of the reasons why there's a lot of anime and games that are trash on the character design department.
DestroyerOfTheDestroyer
DestroyerOfTheDestroyer
Well, of course you can't tell what gender of person is under the outfit. Have you forgotten how many people have asked what's under the mask?
Exodus Starlit
Exodus Starlit
I don't know IF I should say it is unisex robes, more unisex robes are culticst robes: Sorry Crowmo, I don't think your robes are unisex, only male-ish. It is like under clothes you can't hide female breasts, they are big to hide (even small ones?).
Corenality
Corenality
Realistically yes, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. However, Terraria loves to differentiate between male and female armor even without showing skin. If we were to apply a similar method for Crowno's armor that's used for robes it'd be something subtle like this:
25um8a9.jpg
33cp73c.jpg

Of course it's a dev armor so it's unnecessary.
Crowno
Crowno
H
Hax4Ever
Darksoulsrarria confirmed.
Exodus Starlit
Exodus Starlit
Least we can be happy we don't have battle bikini know to me as ridiculous female armor showing more skin than armor. Somebody thinks we does have it and it is named Halloweed Breastplate but it isn't it is just imagination of people it is behind a golden battle bra.
Exodus Starlit
Exodus Starlit
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I'd rather be able to tell it's a female and not just a dude who's got their balls removed surgically to heighten their voices.

But yeah, (deity) forbid skin shows. The human body is horrible and should be hidden from view. :dryadrolleyes:
RainDreamer
RainDreamer
^You need to invest more to your perception stats if you can't recognize female characters without blatant skin showing. (Also, removing testicles does not increase voice pitch. But this is not a place for that discussion)

Also, speaking as a person who did a bunch of Terraria builds of naked women, I would say there is a place and time for it. And going out to a battle is neither the place nor time to show skin.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I love those double standards. :dryadrolleyes:
DestroyerOfTheDestroyer
DestroyerOfTheDestroyer
You did builds of WHAT?!? That had better been tasteful, like the Venus de Milo, not lewd for the sake of lewdness or something.
RainDreamer
RainDreamer
Crowno
Crowno
I'm with RainDreamer on that. Problem is not showing skin, problem is not showing cleavage. Heck, problem isn't even having sexy characters. The problem is purely contextualizing a character, and representing it appropriately.
Crowno
Crowno
If a set of armor is a battle bikini, so it better be a battle bikini for both male and female characters. If the set is a tank that covers the whole body, it better cover the same amount of body for both characters. It is as simple as that.
DestroyerOfTheDestroyer
DestroyerOfTheDestroyer
I agree. Once I saw it, I thought, "Well. I was wrong." I thought he meant showing waaay too much. In the build, not the armor.
Back
Top Bottom