Yoraiz0r
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've been wanting to ask this question for a long time: Did the Ice Blade autoswing before 1.3?
    king40606
    king40606
    The wiki is wrong then. The ice blade did not have auto swing back then.
    Bluegreen
    Bluegreen
    At this point, I don't trust the Terraria Wiki.
    So many uninformed people who don't know what they're talking about edit articles on there.
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    It did not have auto-swing prior to 1.3, making a quick check on the code.
    I just thought of something about that Konami Code image you posted:

Is that in-game? It looks pretty consistent with Terraria' art style, and a reverse image search shows that it's never been in any other game (that exact image).
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    It is indeed from within the game. =)
    00Banshee00
    00Banshee00
    Will that part be accessible?
    A small question about the game mechnism:
    How does the melee speed increasing work?
    I mean if I have a sword with a 15 use time and a +30% melee speed incresing, then how do I caculated the actual use time of the sword?
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    you actually calculate it with the animation time of the item, but basically...
    you inverse the speed (speed/1 -> 1/speed) then multiply your animation time by that, and round down.
    Using 15 animation time and 30% melee speed increase, we'll basically say
    (1.3/1 -> 1/1.3) = 0.769~
    0.769 * 15 = 11.538~
    11.538 rounded down = 11.
    That would be your effective animation time for the sword =)
    _vulpes
    _vulpes
    I... I got lost...
    Thought I shared two things here. After a couple playthroughs it feels like the weapons you can make with souls of might/sight/fright are very limited so it might be a good idea to add a couple there. Also the Uzi makes a generic sound so I would enjoy an upgraded sound for it.
    felis
    felis
    And the Naughty Present.
    ppowersteef
    ppowersteef
    still doesn't feels right, as that doesn't belong to pre-plantera tier, unlike the other souls.
    felis
    felis
    Maybe one reason is that the add of Optic Staff and the Neptune's Shell is no longer craftable. Both of them make the soul of fright seems less useful.
    I don't want to be bothering you.. obviously you are busy :) But.. I have been trying to 'find' the golem's temple for my mod. When you use /teleport temple you should go to the entrance. Unlike the dungeon, the temple's locaiton is not saved anywhere.. or well I couldn't find it.. Do you by any means know a way to find the temple's location?
    Jofairden
    Jofairden
    @Yoraiz0r Isn't there a specific 'layer' where the temply gets created? I noticed.. float num1 = (float) (Main.maxTilesX / 4200); Something like that would make the search alot easier
    N
    NE1
    Most likely you already know this but I won't assume...during the search when snow/ice found if possible switch the search to then start over from the opposite side of the map...I would think the search would be much easier beginning from left side of map vs spawn point and also searching the top of the cavern layer downwards...Edit: recursively searching for both the door and the bricks
    Jofairden
    Jofairden
    I will probably leave /tp temple for now as it is quite a lot of work.. for now /tp dungeon and /tp hell should do.
    Is there a way to duplicate a map? I have this one map i use with a friend in multiplayer and I wanted to create a copy of it (cont.)
    LoveSpreader
    LoveSpreader
    The name of the map is saved into the file, and independent of the file name. So copy pasting(and renaming) won't work either.

At least, without having two worlds with the same name when you load the world list in game, I think.

Never tried it myself. The name bit I've confirmed anyway, but not two of the same worlds.
    OFF
    OFF
    ^ that's what I imagined
    N
    NE1
    I did read somewhere a while back about how to open up the .wld files and rename them inside the files (map name being at the beginning and end of the written file). However TEdit can rename your worlds...just make a duplicate copy of your map and try it out renaming both the file name when you resave it after renaming it on the world properties tab within TEdit.
    That sword in your profile picture is... disturbingly large to say the least. Can I borrow it for a bit
    Reactions: Raidenonheels
    Treesmasher
    Treesmasher
    There can be a few reasons you would need it for that are implied through what you said. You want to borrow a club looking sword that is disturbingly large. Could easily be something lewd.
    aWolfen
    aWolfen
    "disturbingly large"
    Clearly somebody hasn't heard of Monster Hunter.
    Aldrea
    Aldrea
    Treesmasher! xD
    More uses for the heavy workbench would be awesome. I love the tin plating so much!!!
    Snarferman
    Snarferman
    Please don't make suggestions to a Dev. There is a player suggestions area for a reason.
    T
    Teal
    This isn't really a suggestion by any standards... Simply a statement about what he/she thought was cool and could be improved upon, nothing really this person did wrong...
    Snarferman
    Snarferman
    Oh, okay, I kinda just saw stuff that looked like a suggestion.
    Why do item frames and weapon racks refuse to accept the items I try to place in them? Is it a settings thing? I want to use more item frames but that's hard to do when I want to throw all of them into the lava of the underworld...
    :(
    The hardmode desert is full of awesome enemies. The thing is... It is kind of pointless to go there in hardmode. Why not add a hardmode throwing class. Also... Spears and flails update!!! RIP north pole :(
    felis
    felis
    I think the main point for it is for the sun and moon mask.
    I'm borrowing your spell if that's k.
    Kinas10
    Kinas10
    Lol, idk. He's the only ev i've mangaged to get in contact with xD
    ppowersteef
    ppowersteef
    Redigit has made Terraria from the beginning (of course not alone)
    Yoraiz0r took over the lead after 1.3
    GoldenTerrabyte
    GoldenTerrabyte
    But the dye coloring the light is a good idea that we shouldn't be ignoring!
    I don't want to be that guy, so feel free to ignore this-

The water animation for 1.3 never updated for me. Like, it's remained the same as in 1.2. Also, you know how the screen blurs slightly and the lighting darkens when Moon Lord is summoned? Well, that hasn't happened for me either. Neither of these are issues in any way, but I was simply curious if you knew why it was happening. :)
    GoldenTerrabyte
    GoldenTerrabyte
    Although, these things would be nice to have on Retro or Trippy lighting. I hardly ever use the other lightings because the others are laggier. But, it also causes me to miss out on these effects.
    HarshMellow
    HarshMellow
    Yeah, it'd be nice, but it's not an issue for me.
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    I think the effect was left out from those lighting modes precisely because of it being "laggy" for some archaic computers.

It's a bit like the option to turn light multi-rendering off. single/dual core computers won't really enjoy the slight differences it brings, so it was better to have a switch for it.

Now we just need a switch for RNG.
    Another ending in HDN Rebirth 2 down. I am so slow with this. Some missing plans forced my hand :(
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom