Terraria Community Forums

Aurora3500
Aurora3500
It starts out x2 compared to Normal Mode during the Start of Expert Mode at 1st, but after Hardmode Starts, the Weaker Enemies have 200-300 Health that doesn't seem to be a consistent increase. (The Green Slime has more Health than Purple Slime during Early Expert Hardmode) Then these enemies get another stat increase after Plantera is defeated I believe.
Dragrath
Dragrath
yeah I know about that but I'm curios as to the ratio values as they don't seem to be consistent . I haven't been able to find the stat formula used anywhere...
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
Dragrath
Dragrath
Glad to see I'm not the only person interested in how expert mode scales enemy stats. I mean there has to be an overall formula they can't have just done it manually for each enemy right? I also want to know if defense or damage are altered by this scaling... I mean there should be some just increasing hit points doesn't increase the difficulty... (I can't see any defense/damage buffs though)
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
Indeed. I always enjoy studying the "Monster Guides" in games and learning everything about an enemy's attack/defense, HP, and other stats. The Wiki is the closest thing to a Monster Guide in Terraria's Case. I believe Enemy Damage is buffed at the very least in Expert Mode as I remember a Long Armed Zombie doing ~60-80 damage to me at one point during Hardmode. Can't say about Defense.
Dragrath
Dragrath
Good to know I haven't gone back to early game equipment to check precisely perhaps I should use a set standard armor and weapon to check
naked charecter w/ terrablade maybe? Do you have a good estimite as to how many iterations it would take to account for damage varibility? (has never taken statistics) I think its a sqrt of somthing...
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
I'll perform a quick test in my endgame world, I had 0 defense and got damaged by a regular zombie in a Post Moon Lord Expert World and it consistently did around 50-52 damage. I'd guess it takes around 9-10 damage iterations to account for damage variablity.
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
According to the wiki a Zombie normally does around 26-32 damage on Expert Mode (40 with Long Hand) So it looks like damage certainly gets higher on Hardmode.
Dragrath
Dragrath
was it the same type of zombie though? I know prehardmode I've been hit for 48 damage on my expert playthrough from a zombie arm zombie pretty early on
Back
Top Bottom