Terraria Community Forums

Nobody Important
Nobody Important
Wait what? Do you have anyone who would be open to buying 18 road flares?
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
You could try asking my flipping roommates. God, what idiots.
Nobody Important
Nobody Important
You mean they actually did that? That is dumber than putting a screen door on a submarine.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
No prizes for guessing who had to put out the carpet fire and clean up the mess.

Ach, the landlord's going to kill us. :(
Nobody Important
Nobody Important
Oh wow. That sucks. They should have.

You're ok right?
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
My hair is slightly singed due to the heat and fire, but I'm mostly fine, save for the hair I'm shedding panicking about what'll happen next.
Nobody Important
Nobody Important
I'm afraid I don't know how to help. You were not at fault for starting the fire, the question is who to contact. The fire department? The landlord to throw your roommates under the bus? I've only lit dinner on fire and that didn't cause damage.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
The fire is no more - I managed to put it out before the whole living room caught ablaze.

As much as I'd hate to vouch for them now, they were pretty drunk when all of this happened. Now, I tend not to drink, so I suppose I'm grateful for that.

I'll give them the night to detoxify, and when they are sober enough, let them know exactly what transpired the afternoon prior.
Nobody Important
Nobody Important
I hope things work out for you.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
Your sentiments are appreciated.

I've decided not to bother; I'll let them come up with the excuse. :)
Kalifox
Kalifox
B-but.. your birthday is in June!
Chazm
Chazm
They're so close with primary particles

Mesons- quark anti-quark pairs. They just add weight to a secondary particle and are probably the most moronic thing to them.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
@Kalifox, it was a friend of a friend's birthday.

@Chazm, you may be referring to Mesons; Muons are essentially heavy electrons.
Chazm
Chazm
Ah crap.

You're correct there.
Heavy electrons as in 'leptons', the next heaviest being the tau.
Kalifox
Kalifox
And the heaviest of all being ye olde mum
Chazm
Chazm
That'd be the top quark, Kalifox. (which is also the most moronic meson- 346 GeV/c^2 for a 199.4 MeV/c^2 proton is massive.)

Higgs boson comes second, and oddly enough, this one controls mass.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
Nay, Kali, for those be the ones weighed down by the sin of refusing to accept the firstborn of Gwyn as their patron.

Also @Chazm, quarks aren't mesons, they simply comprise both baryons and mesons.
Chazm
Chazm
I also happened to get this wrong- a top quark-anti pair is impossible- a top quark decays before it baryonizes.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
Do you even Physics, bro?
Chazm
Chazm

Don't know if you're mad at me for getting things wrong or not, but eh, I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

In other words, I'm only 14 and haven't properly been educated this high level, it's just me looking up things on the 'net.
Back
Top Bottom