Devalaous
Devalaous
Now its time to unleash your true form and take over
CraftedNightmare Here!
CraftedNightmare Here!
So much for freedom of speech
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
Still with the church thing. Still she brings it up. I've still got a bedtime I guess; In trouble because I couldn't sleep at all last night. She's still trying to force me to go out for track, and I'm still forced to exercise every single day.
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
Forsake me if I eat a goddamned Poptart. I'm not sure how many years it's been since I got any positive reinforcement in this house.
king40606
king40606
Well, tell her how you really feel.
Sure, in the short term, it might make stuff worse, but if she actually listens, things might change.
I mean, you can do what you want, it's just, I'm thinking of ways you could possibly get out. I don't know your situation, so you are the only person qualified to do something.
Aesir
Aesir
It's pretty tough to come out as an atheist when your family is mostly christian. However, I hope your family still has some empathy left for you. My family is still the same ever since I proclaimed myself an atheist at age of 10 I think. I don't know what to suggest to help you deal with it easier...
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
Probably doesn't seem like much of a problem, trying to convey how I just got chewed out. I just want to slink into the ground.
king40606
king40606
Hey, at least you can convey it. Better than not being able to.
Aesir
Aesir
Sometimes the smallest of things can be one of the biggest problems. Little details make a difference in a story. Just remember: Don't give up the search for joy. Even if your family is a nightmare to deal with, maybe one day you'll make a family of your own. Though I advice to go a bit more silent if your family is on an extreme religious position, not to scare you, but they could disown you.
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
My parents are too stubborn for reason. Old morals and mindsets are still too ingrained in them. I just need some distance from them, I've honestly not done anything worse than I always do.
Aesir
Aesir
Well, as I say, lay low if you feel like they're being too radical. Be quiet for some time and don't mention that stuff, as hard as it may be, and wait for them to forget all about it. Asking them nicely for a Psychologist could be a good idea. If they suggest christian or overly religious ones, just do a little nod in disagreement and ask for other ones.
TheQuietBisharp
TheQuietBisharp
Oh, no. It's not bad enough to require such drastic action. I just got the :red: end of the stick for a while.
Devalaous
Devalaous
I take it you'll be moving out once its feasible all the same
Aesir
Aesir
Well, I hope stuff works out in the end for you. Bad parenting is something I never got to experience due to sheer luck, but I still wonder what would happen if I was raised by my father. Wish you well.
Back
Top Bottom