Yoraiz0r
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Yorai, it's been a while! How are you.?
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    Hi there! currently recovering from a nasty cold, what about you?
    bad_news
    bad_news
    Quite relieved I've gotten extensions on my exams due to an impressive number of extremely extenuating circumstances. I have hope yet to not fail!
    Small question... is it possible to, with the current layout, create a server executable that references the client?

EDIT: Er, may have been a bit too vague. What I mean is, create a server executable that references the client to remove the need to have a >6 MB server file. Instead it would be ~6-7 KB.
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    in 1.3 we started using ifdefs for client/server - so you're going to have to find and add these to your build.
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Wait... those are preprocessor directives, correct? Do those even decompile?
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    correct - and I meant that you should compare the server's to the client's , and find what doesn't match.
    Hello, Yoraiz0r. Out of curiosity, the celestial pillars seems to sink slowly, but what will happen is taking too long? Will the sink to a certain level and stop or sink to a certain level and despawn?
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    The sinking is actually a bug and not intended - if they happen to reach the bottom of the world they will despawn.
    Do you play Diablo 3?
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    I've played it on release for a few days but had not gotten back to it once since then =o
    Charmander27
    Charmander27
    Okay, just wondering since I know that others do. d:

I just want the new patch. 2.3 was the worst ever, auto-kick from groups if you weren't a Barb or Monk. This next patch my favorite abilities can be somewhat "useful."
    anymore news about the upcoming wii u edition? Also anything about 1.3.1 that u need to tell us?
    Eli10293
    Eli10293
    It will statistically have a thing in it
    i found a bug on the pc .-. I tried killing moon lord and when I took out his top eye while it was using death ray after the eye poped out the death ray was still goin.. for a short amount of time..
    Awordley
    Awordley
    That's something I've come across many times while fighting the Moon Lord, it's fairly common. I wouldn't really call it a bug, it's just how the game works but I could be wrong.
    Terrarian24897
    Terrarian24897
    Maybe the laser and the eye are two seperate entities so when you detsroy the eye it won't stop the laser?
    Zekrom
    Zekrom
    yes the laser wont stop
    Hey uh... If you have some time could you help me with a quick problem? I've done everything I can think of, including breakpoints and everything. I just can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong D:. Here's the link to everything relating to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uobx450z66c55hg/large%20herb%20problems.zip?dl=0 If you're too busy, could you suggest someone else I could ask?
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    I'm a little busy at the moment but I'll try taking a look when I can - in the meanwhile I highly suggest refactoring everything as the first thing I noticed from my quick glance is the num/flag - better clean it up if you want to figure out the problem yourself, too :eek:
    blahblahbal
    blahblahbal
    Alright. I'll do that as soon as I get back on my computer (on my phone atm).
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    So I got to take a little more thorough look at it now, but posting all my findings regarding your code isn't really fit for a profile post - I'm taking this to PM. :\
    I cant open my map I did alt+tab and it closed my mini map and I cant re-add it and I cant even do "m" is there a way to fix this?
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    Go to the main menu and then settings from there - the map has a total on/off switch due to the extra memory and processing it adds (which is too much for some people), if the game detects that you'd crash due to memory or rendering constraints thanks to the map it globally disables it, but you can just re-enable it again =P
    Zekrom
    Zekrom
    k thanks
    Zekrom
    Zekrom
    thanks ^-^
    I know I should wait for the update to drop before asking semi-inane questions, but will the conveyor belts shown off in an earlier spoiler transport dropped items as well as entities? I'm not sure how the coding relates to dropped items counting as "creatures", to use my blunt understanding of programming. Thanks in advance.
    Azu
    Azu
    Cenx posted a follow up image of the conveyor belts carrying a Guide Voodoo Doll, so yes.
    R
    Red H2O
    Thanks, I missed that.
    I hope you are deeply still looking into optimizing the packets, and multiplayer. It seems merely impossible with a 8-core / 16 GB computer handle more than 8-12 players in Vanilla, only who knows how tshock handles this. Please improve Multiplayer protocols! I doubt we can see a vanilla server handle 128 players flawlessly. I wish to be proven wrong.
    Marcus101RR
    Marcus101RR
    Remind me again how I can give you a server net diagnostics for you?
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    The server has no method of printing said netdiag - however whenever you're in the client just hitting F8 pops up a screen displaying message numbers, how many have been received / sent and exactly how many bytes, per message number.
    (simply screenshot and share in whatever way, such as imgur)
    Marcus101RR
    Marcus101RR
    I'm sure you will need more information like, amount of players, events running, mobs currently controlled by the server etc. I think that Mobs are a contribute, I had 20 people playing online, and running a Frost Moon/Pumpkin, when it reaches like Wave 10 or so, things go insane in lag. Mobs skip like crazy. I'll try to record a video as well capture a screenshot of said Data.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom