Terraria Community Forums

aWolfen
aWolfen
Well, first you gotta tell me what it is that you didn't enjoy about the demo.
Sombyr
Sombyr
The gameplay, specifically. I enjoyed its sense of humor, the music, and the concept, but it was kinda ruined by the dull gameplay. sparing enemies was boring, as I didn't feel morally justified for hitting options in a menu. The combat route was boring, too. It was just overly simplified RPG combat, with grinding slapped onto it as requirement. Lastly, the puzzles weren't the least bit fun to me.
aWolfen
aWolfen
Well, if it's just gameplay that gets you, then I'm sure all the other great things about the game can convince you. You also had the option to kill everyone. If you haven't tried that, then I say go for it. Gameplay-wise, it's like an RPG but also more of a bullet-hell type thing. Believe me, the gameplay does get exciting at some point.
Sombyr
Sombyr
That's what I meant by the combat route. I found combat to be rather boring in the way that it was done, and having to grind every area does not sound fun to me. One thing that would easily convince me to get it, and thus something I have to ask about: How in depth do character relations in the game go? Is it just tied to the story, or can you actually form relations with characters on your own?
aWolfen
aWolfen
Relationships are the very heart and SOUL of this game. Everybody you encounter can be an enemy, or your friend, if you want them to be. You just have to do whatever you think is "right".
Sombyr
Sombyr
Ok, and does this affect the game in any non-plot important ways? I might pick it up just to check it out some more some time.
Back
Top Bottom