1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by zeskorion

1. Aesir
    Aesir
    Most predators evolved to have their eyes on the front of their face, not on the side. Unless that dragon is a herbivore, it would be unlikely having eyes on the side of his head.
    Jan 26, 2016
  2. Krasunir
    Krasunir
    You know, sometimes it's hard to make art that portrays the whole thing, so you can't blame them.
    Jan 26, 2016
  3. stormconure
    stormconure
    It's the 4-eyed boss dragon from How to Train your Dragon.

No wait, that one had 3 on each side...
    Jan 26, 2016
  4. Aesir
    Aesir
    I like multi-eyed creatures. If done right, they can express a lot of power just by their anatomy. If it's evil, call it a hellish fiend or eldritch abomination. If it's good, call it a high angel or even God. Eyes are one of the body parts that emanate power the most.
    Jan 26, 2016
  5. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    I became very fire obsessed after seeing a four eyed fire dragon thing in a dream
    Jan 26, 2016
  6. Aesir
    Aesir
    The only element I truly am obsessed is wind/air and it's derivates. It controls most of the others, even indirectly. Fire can't burn without oxygen, and a water molecule doesn't exist without two air particles. Earth is the only one truly untamed by air.
    Jan 26, 2016
  7. Draconic Technologist
    Draconic Technologist
    Four eyes total
    Meanwhile I also love wind/air and water
    Jan 27, 2016
  8. stormconure
    stormconure
    Oh, we're talking elements now?
    I like wind the best. Ice is a close second. But I do have respect for pretty much all of them, they can all be amazing if used correctly.
    Jan 27, 2016
  9. Krasunir
    Krasunir
    Personally, air and fire are tied.
    Jan 27, 2016
  10. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    To me, magic "fire" is a sort of plasma- plasma dont need air
    Jan 27, 2016
  11. Aesir
    Aesir
    Plasma is, to the simplest terms, superheated gas. It may be many other kinds of gasses, really, but air is itself just a compound of gasses. So, even plasma needs air to an extent.
    Jan 27, 2016
  12. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    It needs any sort of gas. Every matter needs something to be made of, correct?
    Jan 27, 2016
  13. Aesir
    Aesir
    Indeed. That is true. But air itself can be considered a compound of gasses. So, even if a mage is a Pyromancer, it isn't likely they'll have any control over any other element than fire. An Aeromancer on the other hand, can control fire and water, plus they have control over the atmosphere, so they'll be able to cast lightning as well. Air is the most versatile alchemical element.
    Jan 27, 2016
  14. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    False. An aeromancer can control the fuel source, but upon being converted, plasma is no longer a gas
    Jan 27, 2016
  15. Aesir
    Aesir
    They can heat up the gas to the point of being plasma.They may not be able to re-alocate the flame, but they can make the combustion on any place they desire. They can also make water molecules out of the air. While they may not have full control over the final product, they can produce it. Plus they can always go for a silent kill by making their target unable to breathe.
    Jan 27, 2016
  16. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    Naw, the heating up is the pyro domain
    Jan 27, 2016
  17. stormconure
    stormconure
    I agree that air is the most powerful, but I doubt it can do all this other stuff you described. It can, however, manipulate whatever is exposed to it, by changing its own shape. So basically if you have air powers you have a more indirect form of telekinesis, as long as whatever you're controlling is exposed to air.
    Jan 27, 2016
  18. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    Air is thin, and harder to concentrate on
    Just stab em in the gut
    Jan 27, 2016
  19. Aesir
    Aesir
    Take out their breath. Let them die out of air. That's simple and very effective. Plus there aren't any witnesses.
    Jan 27, 2016
  20. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    It takes awhile to suffocate. Long enough to kill a :red:ty fart mage with a plasma lance
    Jan 27, 2016
  21. Aesir
    Aesir
    Well, I wouldn't call 30 seconds a while. That's the time an average person can hold their breathe. Plus, when you're suffocated, you normally wouldn't be mobile to even lift a finger, let alone impale a person. Anyways, the best kind of conjurer is the one that isn't bound to a single element/kind of magic. Even the most versatile of the elements can't be a sonic screwdriver.
    Jan 27, 2016
  22. stormconure
    stormconure
    And in my personal opinion, Ice is the second most powerful as long as it's going against anything but fire. It can immobilize, suffocate, and cause hypothermia. Only weakness is heat.
    Jan 27, 2016
  23. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    Ice isnt even an element
    Jan 27, 2016
  24. stormconure
    stormconure
    Yes it is, it's completely different from water. Unless you're going by some list from a show or book or something, in which case we're talking about totally different things.
    Jan 27, 2016
  25. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    Fire is an element because plasma state of matter
    Solid(earth), liquid (water), gaseous (air), plasma(fire)

NO ICE. NONE AT ALL
    Jan 27, 2016
  26. Aesir
    Aesir
    Zesko, I think of ice magic wise like the ancients used to think out of it, as a combination between two major elements: Earth and Water. Google Aer, Aqva, Ignis, Terra. You'll find the elemental compass on one of the first results.
    Jan 27, 2016
  27. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    the "ancients" were idiots compared to us
    Jan 27, 2016
  28. Aesir
    Aesir
    That I agree almost completely, save for the wording. But that's true. They were indeed foolish, but I can't call them idiots. It was the closest thing they had to science at said time. Maybe in the future we'll be seen to the new human societies as how the ancients are seen by us. Man goes through three stages of intellectual growth: Fear, Mysticism and finally, Science.
    Jan 27, 2016
  29. stormconure
    stormconure
    I guess it depends on what your definition of element is. Ice could be seen a sub-element, along with Nature, Death, Electricity, etc. So yeah, I see what you mean about the main four, but those aren't the only exclusive ones out there.
    Jan 27, 2016
  30. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    none of those are elements but 'lectricity, which fits in with plasma
    Jan 27, 2016
  31. Aesir
    Aesir
    I most commonly see darkness as an element and not death. However, darkness truly has many death-based spells. Raising the dead or insta-kills, ya name it. But light can do the same, it's sad it's not actually seen a lot. Light can ressurect a dead being pristinely and drop a holy hand grenade at enemies, it's just that light is used mainly by healers, so it's not very offensive.
    Jan 27, 2016
  32. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    light and dark dont exist. Lazy writing if you ask me, due to the ambiguity and easiness to add rules and powers
    Jan 27, 2016
  33. Aesir
    Aesir
    Light is just photons. Darkness is the lack of them. Nothing more, nothing less. But in a fantastic setting, it can actually work wonders.
    Jan 27, 2016
  34. stormconure
    stormconure
    Also, while I'm at it: Zesko, Fire and Plasma are not the same thing. They both involve heat, but that's about where the similarities end. Plasma is, as you just said, lightning and the like- Fire is simply things burning.

As for ice: look at modern entertainment. There are countless games and stories where the 3 "Primal" elements are Fire, Lightning, and Ice.
    Jan 27, 2016
  35. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    I like to think of them as photons and "dark matter"
    dark controls gravity, and light makes things shiny
    Jan 27, 2016
  36. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    storm, i put fire and plasma together because of heat. they can create each other and work the same way
    Jan 27, 2016
  37. stormconure
    stormconure
    Dark matter isn't darkness, it's a ghostly material that forms the structure of galaxies. As someone who studies astronomy, I would know. And it doesn't control gravity.
    Jan 27, 2016
  38. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    gravity is what makes galaxies, dummy, so it is inferable that dark matter would- if it even exists.I just group it into that category to give darkness a general rulebook.
    Jan 27, 2016
  39. stormconure
    stormconure
    1. Fire and plasma... Fair enough, I guess. Plasma wasn't really an element to begin with anyway.
    2. Gravity and Dark Matter both hold galaxies together, and galaxies wouldn't exist without either of them. But they are in no way the same thing, and if anything gravity controls dark matter, as it controls pretty much everything.
    Jan 27, 2016
  40. Aesir
    Aesir
    I don't think so. Gravity isn't what makes Galaxies, but something that can moderate them and give them "shape" but not really make them. Gravity is spatial distortion. Unless darkness involves some sort of reality warping abilities, which it oftenly displays via eldritch horrors, there isn't really a way darkness can control gravity.
    Jan 27, 2016
  41. neoselket
    neoselket
    funny how a comment on the anatomy of someone's avatar spiraled into a discussion on elements. my favorite elements would be ice, plasma, electricity, and darkness. it annoys me when water is seen as the opposite of fire when ice fits far better.
    Mar 4, 2016
  42. neoselket
    neoselket
    yes, water is effective at extinguishing fire, but so is a heavy blanket, and I rarely see that on the list of elements. fire represents heat, but water doesn't represent cold, ice does.
    Mar 4, 2016