Sombyr
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I decided to play Battle Network 5 after 3 today. My god, did it always have such horrible writing? Also, the liberation system sucks badly.
    Reactions: Frenzy Moon
    Frenzy Moon
    Frenzy Moon
    Coulda swore BN5's writing was acceptable, unless my standards are just rather low.
    Totally agree on that liberation mission system though, it had potential.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Compared to 2 and 3, 5's writing it absolutely awful. Also, Lan's mother suddenly took a U turn in personality. In BN3, she respected Lan and understood how capable he was. In BN5, it's "Don't do anything dangerous like go outside or anything." Like, mom, I've literally stopped the apocalypse 4 times now without a scratch on me. Why are you now suddenly all protective?
    I like Megaman Battle Network 3 and all, but that final fight sequence is just poorly designed. I'm still stuck on it.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    I was using Aquabug, and happened to get an HP bug and movement bug that battle, so the odds were against me.
    Personally, I liked Battle Network 2 better than 3, as it just nailed the drama and sense of urgency better over all, and really kept you feeling like something big was happening, but it kinda let me down at the last second unlike 3, with the second most disappointingly easy final boss battle ever.
    Eli10293
    Eli10293
    Rockcube+Airshot is so OP because shooting airshot at the cube causes the cube to fly forward and do 200 damage :D
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    The Step Sword program advance is probably the most OP advance I've used so far. Use that, and any boss is immediately toast. I haven't gotten all the Step Crosses I need for the Step Cross advance yet, but since that deals twice the damage, I can only imagine even Alpha couldn't withstand it.
    This is my new IRL battle theme:
    Reactions: Eli10293
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Unfortunately, there is a disappointing lack of battles in my life.
    Eli10293
    Eli10293
    I am still following that games development :p
    I really wish I had a pen display or screened tablet of some sort. My Intuos feels really awkward when it comes to pressure sensitivity.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Specifically, I can draw fine on it, but inking is very difficult, because for some reason, without having the pen directly against the drawing, it's hard to judge how hard I should be pushing.
    Why do I have to be such a big fan of Megaman and Metroid, both things that probably won't be getting a new game for a long, long time?
    Reactions: Derpinator-9000🪓
    The kamen rider
    The kamen rider
    Metroid has Federation Force coming.......................................................
    Megaman has the Legacy Collection.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    I refuse to accept Federation Force as a Metroid game. It may end up being a great game, but I'm not calling it a Metroid game.
    The legacy collection, on the other hand, is not a new game. There's virtually nothing new to it. That's not going to stop me from getting it some time, though. Probably same with Federation Force, but we'll have to see.
    Holy crap it's the future and there's no way of going back. Is time supposed to feel like a car careening out of control?
    Meteor Server, finalize, RED JOKER!
    Reactions: Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Honestly, the ultimate counter to everything, imo, were the Sword Fighter cards. I also usually kept a muramasa on me, because it really gets you out of a pinch, and sets your noise level through the roof, so if your opponent doesn't go down right then, you could immediately finalize, and obliterate them with the countless giga cards that were bound to show up.
    Aesir
    Aesir
    Swordfighter X tho. Gemini + Swordfighter X = stunlock.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    My older brother kept making me agree to take it out of my folder before I battled him, because I would always multi-noise with Gemini and then spam every sword fighter I had :p
    I can't decide whether I qualify as an agnostic, or nihilist. Maybe both, or maybe I've accidentally invented my own philosophical division.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Of course, none of this makes any sense, but the point is, it doesn't have to.
    Jetstreme ∞
    Jetstreme ∞
    You don't seem to want to recognize that we do have working systems of logic in place, we've actually conducted tests just for this. I do have faith in these observations and experiments. So we do have some base for logic, we have established and recognize it. If you were somehow able to prove that wrong, though, that's where it would get interesting.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    My point is that it can be wrong and right at the same time. I understand what I'm saying is really dumb and makes no sense, but that's why I felt it was a fun idea. Basically, the idea is that, no matter what we observe, it will always be both wrong and right. However, regardless of that, there's no sense in looking that deep. You are right, we've observed working logic and that's all that matters.
    Why does googling "Alfredo Sauce Recipe" turn up no results, even though "Alfredo Sauce" and "Alfredo Recipe" both turn up millions?
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Ok, apparently it comes up for everyone else. Weird.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Hmm... Maybe it was some sort of bad data caching issue, because it's working now.
    I think the reason real life VR seems so much less cool to me than fictional VR is the realization that I have to eventually come back out.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Like seriously, when I read a book or something about VR, it doesn't occur to me that it's just video game time to the people in the book. They get to play it for a bit, but they still have to get their rest and go to work in the morning. When you think about VR in real life, you realize you can't just replace 90% of your life with the world of your choice. It's just a video game.
    The easiest way to create a mystery is to throw up a bunch of loose details, and the community will create and solve the mystery for you.
    Rokas
    Rokas
    creating a few :red:ty creepypastas about the said mystery along the way
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Probably. I kinda feel that this encompasses 90% of famous video game and movie mysteries. If the little details aren't there, they're kinda hard to find. As a result, people will start making theories and stuff that can't be proven, people will have disagreements and debates, and those disagreements and debates will fuel the "Mystery."
    Can anyone tell me, if I didn't enjoy the Undertale demo, what are the chances of me enjoying the game?
    aWolfen
    aWolfen
    Well, depending on your actions, the difficulty of the game may go up or down. Or in the most accurate case "stay the same" or "you're screwed, m8", but that's mostly boss battles.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Cool. One last question: Will messing with these things invoke the neutral ending most of the time, or are there ways to invoke the other endings and still screw with this stuff?
    aWolfen
    aWolfen
    Besides more Neutral Endings, no I don't think so. Either literally everyone is your friend, or literally everyone is your enemy.
    I start way, way too many statuses with the word "So."
    Reactions: Jill
    thecoolkni
    thecoolkni
    At least you didn't say "So, I just realized that I start way, way...".
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    I almost did. I changed it last second.
    So I just tried out some ghost pepper nacho cheese sauce. Gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed with the heat. At least the flavor was a 10/10.
    So I just logged into one of my old RuneScape accounts, to find that I had a permanent, unappealable ban for macroing, which I'd never done.
    OFF
    OFF
    And I thought i got it bad with that OGame's "soft ban" expiring in 2047 for multiboxing.
    So now I know what Caffeine overdose is like. 0/10 do not recommend.
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Yes, but but overdose is far worse. I drank like, 6 cups worth of pure black coffee to induce it, so I really put it upon myself.
    Chasm Guardian
    Chasm Guardian
    Christ... I've tried 3 cups of mountain dew. Started shaking. Wonder what 6 cups would have done...
    Sombyr
    Sombyr
    Personally, I was shaking, nauseous, and had a serious case of virtigo. I couldn't stop moving even after my body was flat out exhausted to the point where it hurt. I also couldn't think at all.

To repeat: 0/10
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom