Chevron_Boy
Chevron_Boy
Say again?
W1K
W1K
Define 300ms steps?
S
Samantha Vosh
300 ms is 0.3 seconds. 3 attacks within 1 second. 10 attacks within 3 seconds. DPS * 10 and that divided by 3.
Granger
Granger
Basically, as example:
ATK =100
RATE = 5

So that means, deal 100 damage every 1500 ms. But i need to figure out how much damage it deals every second.

ATK*[(RATE*300)... then what?

@W1K 300ms steps = Every 300ms is a turn, and RATE is how many turns you have to wait inbetween attacks.
Chevron_Boy
Chevron_Boy
1500ms = 1.5 seconds
If you deal 100 dmg in 1.5 seconds, then you'd divide both 1.5 and 100 by 3.
That's 66.67 dmg per second, estimated
W1K
W1K
(ATK/RATE) to know the damage per-turn.
(ATK/RATE)*3,333... to know the damage per second based on the fact one second equals to 3,333... turns.
Granger
Granger
(100/(5*300))*100=6.67 //I Dont know that doesnt feel right. Well, i assume you meant 1000? One second = 1000ms after all.

Anyway, thanks a lot peeps!
@W1K thats one neat formula and much more compact that what i ever have seen in school, how'd u get that?
W1K
W1K
First, you need to figure out your damage per turn, the simple way would be to sum up the damages dealt in a certain time frame, then average. If RATE is the number of turns you need to wait before being able to attack again, you know there are RATE amounts of numbers, one of which is ATK, the rest of which are 0. If RATE is 4, (ATK+0+0+0)/RATE. You can easily simplify it.
W1K
W1K
Second, you need to figure out how many turns make a second. If one turn is 300ms and one second is 1000ms, you simply divide a second by a turn (1000/300) and you get 3,333...
Now all you need to do is multiply the damage per turn to the number of turns in a second.
Damage per round known, you can multiply that by the number of rounds in a second.
(ATK/RATE)*3,333...
Granger
Granger
Ohhh, alright. Useful stuff!
@Samantha Vosh Why'd you delete your comment? That was right (minus your typo/misstake with ms in seconds) and how i learned it in school too, i just forgot...
W1K
W1K
The only reason I failed math class every year is because I'm good at problem solving but have the memory of a red fish.
On that regard that's also why I'm a good programmer despite my lack of advanced knowledge.
Go simple and build from there, I say.
Granger
Granger
Did your teacher not allow you write down your math? I know i was absolutely astricous with head math (ie without the paper) too, but that virtually never was any problem since i was always allowed to write my math down and could make as many notes as i wanted.
Back
Top Bottom