Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
Multiplayer was originally intended, but the game had already been in development for 4+ years, so the developer released the game with Singleplayer-only so people could play and enjoy the game while he works on MP.
Miku Hatsune
Miku Hatsune
Co-op mode was in early versions, but they're removed it
OFF
OFF
@[1536:mad:Xylia] so you're saying that eventually the developer will add it? that would be great ^^
Xylia
Xylia
Last I heard he still plans on adding it, yes. Though I also heard that he wants to flesh out (lol) marriage life too, as that is rather lacking at the moment. But yes, the original idea was to have multiplayer. He was originally going to delay the game's release for multiplayer, but then decided against it when he saw how many singleplayer people were begging for the game's release.
AnarchyBlues
AnarchyBlues
Don't really care about co-op since I don't have any friends.

Sorry, meant to say I don't have any friends who aren't :red:heads. They're all either playing Rocket League or having l... l.... lives.

Anyway, wouldn't hurt to emphasize more on the building and customization aspects before adding multiplayer, so you actually have something to show off with by then. I've sold so many melons I can pretty much retire.
AnarchyBlues
AnarchyBlues
If I had something to spend that retirement G on that is. Something besides generic barn A and typical coop B. NPC's all have these big, interesting homes while me and my white family are stuck with generic 3-room house C and generic furniture items D, E, F, whatever.

I also look like I came straight out of Compton. Which isn't that bad in a town full of stereotypes but still...
OFF
OFF
Well, since dev is still working on it (from what i learned, the whole game was made by a single individual, which is amazing if you ask me) we might see what you hope to have in future updates. Who knows?
Xylia
Xylia
I don't know if more customizable housing will come, but there are also mods. Yes, the game JUST came out a couple weeks ago and they're already modding it left, right, up, and down. NSFW mods, instant fishing mods, tile replacement mods, you name it they got it. Only a matter of time until someone does a whole re-map of the inside of the house.
OFF
OFF
eh, I just got it, so I prefer to play it mod-less for now, but good to know
AnarchyBlues
AnarchyBlues
Mods? Meh.
Back
Top Bottom