Terraria Community Forums

Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
Pixel art likes to have less colours, usually. Consider a) making the outlines crisper, b) "strengthening" the 1(?) in the middle and c) posterizing/indexing (preferably with dithering) the colours.

If there's any words you don't know, Google is your friend.
Grand Paladin Tyrux
Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
Yo.
fmUUZby.png
Also I'd advise that if you really want to make pixel art bigger you scale it with a power of 2. It's just conventions. IDK why.

Alpha background is a good convention. ESPECIALLY if you're adding shines, like you did. (I removed them because I wanted to leave that to you, if you continue from this. Try, for a more classic, using a more ray-type shine, maybe without transparency?)
Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
But yeah, good luck on your journey.

BONUSES DEMAKES:

Indexed to 7 (Not 8? why: sorta 'cause the background should be a colour.):
HOt56L4.png
Posterized to 7:
kEu4wZq.png
Indexed to 7 and dithered:
phPYmRX.png
Halixon
Halixon
What exactly do you mean by "making the outlines crisper"?
Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
Generally more defined. I did not do it there.
Halixon
Halixon
Okay, how would i define it?
Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
Darker lines? Less build-up of lighter colours (but it does look nice to do that.)

BTW, are you using GIMP?
Halixon
Halixon
Sounds good, so basically just darken the edges of the coin? And no, i am not using GIMP.
Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
What are you using, then, not-GIMP peasant?
Halixon
Halixon
It's a program called paint.net . Recommended by @MinieK
Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
Eh. I only use GIMP myself, so if you want to learn as much from me as possible when it comes to using programs, it'll have to be GIMP. But only learning from one person isn't advised.
Halixon
Halixon
The program i am using it very user-friendly, and simple. I don't want a complex painting program, i just want something i can simply draw pixel art on. I've tried out GIMP, and it is very complex.
Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
Not really. Lots of tools and options, that's all.
Halixon
Halixon
Too many tools and options. For me, at least. I'm sticking with the simplistic stuff for now.
Tachytaenius
Tachytaenius
Well woteva. Made any progress?
MinieK
MinieK
Not bad! :)
Halixon
Halixon
I'm done with the coin, for now. The only edit i'll make for now is to darken the edges and the 1 in the middle of it.
MinieK
MinieK
Sounds nice. Keep making pixel art, as that's already good!
FireFlyTerraria
FireFlyTerraria
Pretty cool, are you going to anything more complex?
Back
Top Bottom