Terraria Community Forums

652Graystripe
652Graystripe
Good eye candy, though, in most cases. Eventually there's a point (probably somewhere around the Cyber/Tobbvald's Tinkering/the Confection) where everything an alternate could add to the game was done.
MournfulRelic
MournfulRelic
You're not alone. I feel mostly like that too.
Eli10293
Eli10293
I don't think of alts to be a need
I think of them as a want by users
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
I mainly do them for fun, I honestly highly doubt there will ever be another alt biome for any biome. And if one is ever added, it'll be original content by the devs.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
It is interesting though to hear that they once had plans for a candy themed hallow alt and a darker underworld with shadowflame.. :dryadgrin:
MegaMage314 🌳
MegaMage314 🌳
I always kind of felt that alts weren't really needed, and it would be better to just add brand new biomes. It was cool to see the ideas people came up with though.
Snickerbobble
Snickerbobble
The problem with adding new biomes is, a world only has so much space. So with more biomes, the world feels more and more cramped. Alternates however, replace certain biomes and do not add to the clutter, and can provide more variations to playthroughs.
MegaMage314 🌳
MegaMage314 🌳
I know, but there's still parts of the world that haven't been fully utilized when it comes to variety, like underground.
652Graystripe
652Graystripe
All these beautiful moss and backgrounds and walls, and not that many minibiomes? A travesty, I say!
Back
Top Bottom