Terraria Community Forums

Aurora3500
Aurora3500
How full is your World now?
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
The water level has reached an equal unbroken horizontal line at this point from ocean to ocean. Vertically, the water level needs to rise another 109 blocks before the project is complete.
Xylia
Xylia
Whatta World Water World Whatta World Water World... If you're from Boston you can't tell which is which.
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
I think this is the 3rd or 4th day she's been flooding her World, but yea she's flooding the surface of her World with water with 14 infinite water engines. It is an epic project, similar to completely destroying your World. (I'm actually considering doing that with Luminite Tools)
Xylia
Xylia
wouldn't the drill containment unit be easier than tools?
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
Problem is I haven't crafted one yet, and probably will have to commit to mining a ton of Cholorophyte to get the bars needed to craft it. I'll probably use it once I craft one, but for now Luminite is the best I have.
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
Even mining out a small world with the DCU is no small task. I've done it, but towards the end it was getting difficult to keep going. I removed the lava in the underworld with infinite honey engines. The only other person who has a copy of that map is an undisclosed member of Re-Logic who keeps it for testing purposes.
Xylia
Xylia
I imagine if someone wanted a blank map, they could just TEdit it?

EDIT: And why honey engines instead of the bottomless bucket?
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
Yes, they could. The map I have is a custom-built all-items map specifically tailored for mass quantities of building materials. I removed the world around the items area to decrease the file size and maximize load times. An empty world is also great for testing mechanics in. It's a win-win. I don't give the map out to the public, however.
Xylia
Xylia
Ahh, I see. You made it sound like it was just a blank map. *nods* I'd consider doing a builder's workshop type thing but I dun think I got the patience for it myself lol.
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
I think Honey is used because Water evaporates in the Underworld making it inefficient to turn the Lava into obsidian with the bottomless water bucket.
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
The underwater map will be made public for sure. It would be distasteful to bring up this playthrough in a thread without providing a map for other people to play along in. The Gravity-Challenged Terrarian is easier to replicate because it's basically a Gravity Globe and a fresh map. While an underwater playthrough requires all of this prep-work on a new map that makes the concept less than desirable to attempt.
Xylia
Xylia
Hmm, I forgot about the evaporating thing, derp. lol. Though you CAN use large quantities of water poured from above, lol. But ya I guess so
Xylia
Xylia
And yeah, the underwater thing sounds cool, lol. Obviously need scuba gear or something to make it possible. And a weapon that can kill sharks, lol. I assume sharks spawn anywhere if there's enough water? Or is it actually ocean biome?
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
Ah, so this World you're flooding will be used as a "template" to create adventure maps that are set underwater?
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
Sharks can only spawn within the ocean biome. (or from statues) Also, aquatic gear is entirely unnecessary for progressing in the underwater map.
Xylia
Xylia
Without at least a breathing reed, I really don't see how you'd have enough air to do much of anything. You could dig air pockets, but that would only work in the underground I'd think? Though I suppose I never tried a totally underwater playthrough myself...
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
The surface is what's actually flooded. - Plus whatever water leaked into the caverns underground. You're going to find a lot of air in the caves. In respects, it's similar to the Dwarven playthrough where the objective is to survive underground. The only truly protected zones are the dungeon and spawn.
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
Wouldn't opening the door to the Dungeon (if accidentally done) theoretically flood most of the Dungeon as well, making it take longer to flood the World?
FairyPrincessSerenity
FairyPrincessSerenity
I thought ahead on that one. See, the Old Man would probably drown underwater, barring dungeon access entirely. So I blocked off the water around the dungeon entrance (and a small area around spawn) with bubble blocks.
Back
Top Bottom