Terraria Community Forums

Khaios
Khaios
I probably wouldn't change a whole lot. Looking really good. I see a block of wall missing on the right side of the roof (to the left of the bottom layer of stone slab). I might make the drapes around the door out of pumpkin block, rather than pumpkin wall. That way, you can shape them to look more drape-like, and not have the blocky shapes on the upper corners.
Khaios
Khaios
To get the platforms to "connect" to the pumpking block, and you'd need to do is hammer each one three times. Other than that, I wouldn't really suggest much else. It's quite a nice build. ^.^
Pixel
Pixel
:red:ing hell that's awesome.
F
Fljnt official
For me personally, I think pumking wall looks better than pumpkin blocks at all, you can still form them detailed with platforms slapped, or slapped blocks, painted shadow, like I did in this Picture, however, I know how to "connect" platforms with blocks, Furthermore as I said before, it is actually wanted that there is a Little space between the curtain's end, and the curtain rod.
F
Fljnt official
Also I may add that I believe you don't really have too much Options using Pumpkin blocks as drapes in the inside as with Pumpkin wall. Of Course you can form them in more variants, but you can still do great Detailed looking drapes with the trick I already mention with sloped platforms/blocks.
Otherwise than that, thanks for the advice!
Khaios
Khaios
We'll have to agree to disagree. With your style, you still get hard 90° angles at the top of your drapes. You used actuated shadow blocks to get those angles, so it's really just as limiting as using actuated blocks as the drapes. At least with pumpkin blocks, you can get a nice flowing shape.
index.php
Khaios
Khaios
For your hanging banners with the platform emblems, I agree that the wall was the only way to go, and it looks great as well. I'm just not overly fond of the wall around the door. And now that I think of it, I (personally) would probably use sail for the flag. I'd still definitely keep pumpkin for the banners, because that texture is perfect.
Khaios
Khaios
And if you wanted to smooth out the spire to the left of your build, you could try using a blend of actuated dirt, stone, mahogany leaf, and normal leaves. Get rid of those hard edges. I'm not saying to replace the walls, because you have blocks in front of them, but rather to use the actuated tile to help smooth out the spire.
Khaios
Khaios
Hmmm. Maybe some lighting as well. Not only would some torches/livingfire "candles"/other light sources look really good in the day time, but at night....man, this build would look quite nice at night if it was dimly lit on the outside. Even just two torches on either side of the door would give this build a great glow at night.
Khaios
Khaios
Lastly, I am curious. Why do you have to two gray doors on either side of the build? Clearly without furniture, and all the gaps in the walls, this isn't meant to be valid housing, so I was just wondering "why the doors?"
Khaios
Khaios
Imo, they slightly disrupt the flow of the build. Since there are background doors, it makes you think "this build is in the background." And yet, there are doors on the walls as well. Just feels a bit confused to me. If they're so you can walk from one side of the build to the other, keeping with stone slab, but actuating and painting it white would allow that, while keeping your walls intact.
F
Fljnt official
Most of what you have been listing here, was what I have already worked out and fixed today, before i saw your comment. First off I already used sail for the flag, furthermore, I am quiet unsure about the lightnight, I most of the time think using torches or living fire candles look ugly a whole lot.
F
Fljnt official
To the door thingy, I can also add, that I already removed them right after I was making a Screenshot, what I have been posting was just a Little pre Peak to my daily work.
The mountain/cliffs in the Background have been fixed by me already today, next i'd like to mention I am very having a hard time to understand what you were listing at last Point.
Khaios
Khaios
You don't have to agree with what I say, and you definitely don't need to defend your decisions. You asked my opinion, remember? ^.^ I'm giving it. It's totally fine for you to disagree with everything I say :D
F
Fljnt official
I didn't say I disagree with what you said, except with the pumpkin shaping.
And I do indeed remember I asked you for your opinion haha, also I actually don't really think I defended myself to be honest with you, I just listed what I have already improved c:
And I am still curious what you meant with your last Point?
Khaios
Khaios
You already addressed my last point, didn't you? You said that you've removed the doors already ^.^
Back
Top Bottom