Terraria Community Forums

galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
make notecards for each of the 60 or so vocab words, along with do cornell notes for a whole chapter section of the textbook (ie 4-10 pages). oh boy. already have around 50 of the words done, but 10 more and 6 pages from the textbook to go. wooh.
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
Didn't explain the one question too many thing too well did I? Well, we have to get a 17/20 or better on the quiz or we have to retake the quiz and make notecards for all the vocab words. And the thing is that the one question that knocked me over to 16/20 wasn't even fair as no one knew it. or something.
aWolfen
aWolfen
human geography?
basically... exploring the human body?
that's lewd
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
yet again i have no words. why. just.
aWolfen
aWolfen
what the hell is human geography if it isn't that very literal definition that i just provided
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
from what i can tell, a medieval torture device
The study of how humans affect the environment and vice versa. Like how rivers caused people to build cities and civilizations around them I think.
aWolfen
aWolfen
so in other words how humanity has :red:ed over the earth and subsequently themselves
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
That's probably somewhere in there. Apparently it's controversial because it discusses religion though. It's just religion, you don't have to go around saying that the school is indoctrinating kids into being Muslims. Oh wait, in Tennessee someone tried to get the textbooks rewritten for just that.
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
And that person that said to rewrite the textbooks ran for school board and failed miserably. If you want to know anymore about that, which you probably don't, just look up Julie Commander Mauck and textbooks in the same sentence. You'll see something.
aWolfen
aWolfen
The rule for religion in schools is that while it's okay to teach, you are not allowed to enforce it on anybody, even a lack of religion.
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
None of the teachers I've had have tried to indoctrinate me. Sure, they were mostly Christian because this is Tennessee, but they never forced it on anyone. Whether they already were Christian or not.
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
And the thing is that since this is an AP class they can get away with stuff like the original status message. And most of the class is ninth graders.
aWolfen
aWolfen
remind me to never visit Tennessee ever
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
oh yeah we have a statue of the first kkk leader on the side of the interstate. want to come visit?
aWolfen
aWolfen
hell no
i'm not even going to visit the poorly-named gaylord hotel despite knowing who i am
galacticGammawave
galacticGammawave
the main draw of the hotel is this duck show that happens maybe once a year. it's not too interesting really.
Back
Top Bottom